You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea F.C.

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win the Champions League final
92%
Chelsea F.C. will win the Champions League final
8%

Total votes : 87

Re: [2012-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea F.C.

Postby MoFattal » Thu May 24, 2012 10:03 am

35: Number of shots that Bayern attempted in the first 90 minutes of the final, more than any other team in a UEFA Champions League game this season. Arjen Robben alone had 15 attempts in the decider, more than any other player in any previous fixture in the 2011/12 competition. Chelsea players blocked 22 attempts, a figure unsurpassed in the past nine UEFA Champions League seasons.

source: uefa.com

:cry: :cry:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu May 24, 2012 10:45 am

BayernLove wrote:Also, did you put that "until" in there on purpose?

Yes, I did. :D Shame on me. :oops: :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby OurDayWillCome » Thu May 24, 2012 11:01 am

MoFattal wrote:35: Number of shots that Bayern attempted in the first 90 minutes of the final, more than any other team in a UEFA Champions League game this season. Arjen Robben alone had 15 attempts in the decider, more than any other player in any previous fixture in the 2011/12 competition. Chelsea players blocked 22 attempts, a figure unsurpassed in the past nine UEFA Champions League seasons.

source: uefa.com

:cry: :cry:

Thats a crazy amount.

Lets face it, Arjens shooting has been bad for a while, and in the final it was some of the worst i have seen, i think that pissed of alot of fans. His inability to use his right foot just makes him so predictable sometimes, any decent defender can have him scoped, especially when there 2 of them.

Schweini & Kroos i think have better shots, they should have took more when the opportunity presented itself, instead of letting Robben continue blast balls into the top stand.
OurDayWillCome
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 24, 2012 4:27 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:If we had defeated Dortmund in Signal Iduna Park we would have never defeated Real Madrid in CL. Resting our players against Mainz and Bremen was very important

No one can know that for sure. Personally I think we would still have won. In both games Bayern were the better team most of the time. The fact that it went to penalties was misleading. Besides Real Madrid never looked too tired and they had a huge advantage because extra time was played when they were home, and Bayern had no one decent to replace the tired players.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu May 24, 2012 7:57 pm

In next final we must change our kits. 2 lost in home combination. Next time in white combination or future 3rd combination.

I'm disapointed once again when we played in red and not in black, or even better, new white combination which I already like. :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby openside50 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Hello lads

Chelsea fan here, refrained from commenting earlier as I know how hard it is to lose a final like that, the exact same thing happened to us 4 years ago

However, I feel compelled now as I feel you are being way too condescending and demeaning towards chelsea's achievement in winning the trophy

To summarise, we aint a flash in the pan, we have been in lots of semi's and a final recently, we are no mugs in English parlance, we have probably played more CL games than any other in the last 5 years, our players are battled hardened have been there done it

As to the game, Cech made one good save in normal time against Robben in the first 10 minutes after that it was a stroll for him as your attack foundered on our defence with hardly a shot getting though, tbf your goalie wasnt worked that hard either

It was a titanic struggle, we won, get over it, and good luck next year I hope we meet again as like our games versus Barca it could develop into quite a rivalry
openside50
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm

openside50 wrote:Hello lads

Chelsea fan here, refrained from commenting earlier as I know how hard it is to lose a final like that, the exact same thing happened to us 4 years ago

However, I feel compelled now as I feel you are being way too condescending and demeaning towards chelsea's achievement in winning the trophy

To summarise, we aint a flash in the pan, we have been in lots of semi's and a final recently, we are no mugs in English parlance, we have probably played more CL games than any other in the last 5 years, our players are battled hardened have been there done it

As to the game, Cech made one good save in normal time against Robben in the first 10 minutes after that it was a stroll for him as your attack foundered on our defence with hardly a shot getting though, tbf your goalie wasnt worked that hard either

It was a titanic struggle, we won, get over it, and good luck next year I hope we meet again as like our games versus Barca it could develop into quite a rivalry

one more and you will be as prestigous as Nottingham Forest :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby openside50 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Prestige?

I have some German friends who warned me that Bayern were the mirror image of Arsenal here in England

Full of their own self importance - outraged at the thought that those they consider inferior should dare win a game against them let alone a trophy - he claimed a lot of Germans would be hoping we would win, I can see why now

Well here at Chelsea we are proud of our working class roots and proud that our boys can turn over the so called aristocrats who look down their noses at everyone else
Last edited by openside50 on Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
openside50
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 24, 2012 8:59 pm

openside50 wrote:To summarise, we aint a flash in the pan, we have been in lots of semi's and a final recently, we are no mugs in English parlance, we have probably played more CL games than any other in the last 5 years, our players are battled hardened have been there done it

No offense but what you achieved in recent years does not really matter much, especially considering how much players and coaches change at Chelsea.

IMO this is the weakest team Chelsea have had in years, we should never have lost this game. It's ironic that it had to be this team to finally win it for you guys.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby openside50 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
openside50 wrote:To summarise, we aint a flash in the pan, we have been in lots of semi's and a final recently, we are no mugs in English parlance, we have probably played more CL games than any other in the last 5 years, our players are battled hardened have been there done it

No offense but what you achieved in recent years does not really matter much, especially considering how much players and coaches change at Chelsea.

IMO this is the weakest team Chelsea have had in years, we should never have lost this game. It's ironic that it had to be this team to finally win it for you guys.

Actually the team is nearly as strong as the great one we had in Mourhino's first year - problem is we picked a manager Vila Boas who turned out to be a lunatic - since Di Matteo has taken over we have been back on song - too late for the league though

Our players Cech, Cole, Ivanovic. Terry, Luiz, Lampard, Ramirez, Mata, Torres and Drogba compare very favourably with your best players are as good if not better (some suspended)

In my humble opinion it was only out wide with robben and ribery that you had an advantage and we doubled up on them

You were the home team, we played as away teams do when they play good opponents - there were very very few clear cut goal chances created all night, how many good saves did the goal keepers have to make, two three at most?
openside50
Getting the hang of it

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Actually the team is nearly as strong as the great one we had in Mourhino's first year - problem is we picked a manager Vila Boas who turned out to be a lunatic - since Di Matteo has taken over we have been back on song - too late for the league though

Our players Cech, Cole, Ivanovic. Terry, Luiz, Lampard, Ramirez, Mata, Torres and Drogba compare very favourably with your best players are as good if not better (some suspended)

In my humble opinion it was only out wide with robben and ribery that you had an advantage and we doubled up on them

You were the home team, we played as away teams do when they play good opponents - there were very very few clear cut goal chances created all night, how many good saves did the goal keepers have to make, two three at most?

End of the day Bayern have 4 UCLs and you have one learn some respect junior :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

P.S. I respect Chelsea actually any English team other than Man U and Spurs as long as you guys beat them especially Man U you are good in my books 8) 8)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby OurDayWillCome » Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 pm

openside50 wrote:Hello lads

Dont come here sporting that bullsh*t

Lets face it, in chelseas 8 year history, what have you achieved with the amount of foreign money (1 BILLION) pumped into your club?

As for your clubs run in this years CL, never in my life have i seen a team with as much luck win that tournament. Your team were outplayed in most games, and completely outplayed by Barcelona, the ONLY way chelsea progressed was by playing ANTI FOOTBALL, yes, park the bus.

Then in the final, from the word go, bayern controlled everything, chelsea had 10 men in defence, (the whole team) in otherwords. Yes i understand there was no other way to play bayern, and yes i understand you guys had injuries, but in my mind, and many many others, chelsea won that having not deserved it.

Rivalry? Never, because on any other day Bayern would have scored about 16 goals (okay thats an exaggeration) but if we took our chances, GAME OVER!
OurDayWillCome
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby quaazi » Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 pm

openside50 wrote:Well here at Chelsea we are proud of our working class roots and proud that our boys can turn over the so called aristocrats who look down their noses at everyone else

Working class roots? Well maybe in the sense that Abramovich's money comes from **** over the people of Russia over and over again. I guess that's something to be proud of.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Thu May 24, 2012 9:34 pm

OurDayWillCome wrote:Yes i understand there was no other way to play bayern

I still can't understand the pathetic excuses of "we did the only thing we could to win". Chelsea bought a striker for 50 million, don't you dare tell me that parking the bus is the only option available.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby OurDayWillCome » Thu May 24, 2012 9:35 pm

We should ignore this idiot, hes came looking for a reaction and got one.

Go back to whatever chelsea forum is lurking in the background.

This is not the place for you.
OurDayWillCome
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League