You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-12-20] Bayern Munich vs ??? — Champions League draws

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who would you like FC Bayern to draw?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm

AC Milan
16%
Arsenal
34%
Celtic
11%
Galatasaray
26%
Porto
5%
Real Madrid
5%
Shakhtar Donetsk
3%

Total votes : 38

[2012-12-20] Bayern Munich vs ??? — Champions League draws

Postby MatchBot » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Bayern Munich vs Champions League draws
Bayern Munich vs Champions League draws
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Venue: UEFA headquarters, Nyon

Who are FC Bayern's opponents in the 2012/2013 Last 16 round? Possible options are Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, Porto, Celtic and Galatasaray
MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2012-12-20] Bayern Munich vs ??? — Champions League dra

Postby MoFattal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:34 am

Would like the difficulty level to increase every round, so I'll go for Arsenal this time.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 am

I predict Arsenal or Milan.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 am

What I don't understand is, why most people in Madrid seem to be more afraid of the Old Lady than of Bayern?
Last edited by tflags on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Element » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Shakhtar or Arsenal (prefer Shakhtar)

tflags wrote:What I don't understand is, why most people in Madrid seems to be more afraid of the Old Lady than of Bayern?

They got used to us kicking their asses over the past years
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Cathe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Arsenal. I know people who support that team so i'd like to see them complaining on facebook about how Bayern is beating them :twisted:
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby BayernLove » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Real Madrid - "Tough opposition" Here would be an understatement; They're world class, would not like to get drawn against them, especially not so early on.
Still, if we beat them we can show the world the TRUE face of Bayern, should we draw them. The task of stopping them will not be made easier by the current CB shortage.

AC Milan - They're in a recovery period right now, not many good players left apart from Boateng and El Sharaawy.
Now would be a good time to draw them, not in a few years, they have some serious young talent but a pretty weak team around it.

Arsenal - One of the clubs on this list I have a soft spot for, and a shade of what it was in the past.
The tactic to getting CBs up the pitch (especially Vermaelen) in an Everton-ish fashion will cause holes in the defense meaning Robben should have a field day with Gibbs, and Ribery would just easily burn Jenkinson. If Sagna is back it's a different story...

Shakhtar - Another club I carry something of a "soft spot" for.
Good club, not amazing, but good club. You have to be wary of some of the attacking talent they have, mostly the Brazilians, and keep and eye out for Willian and Srna, especially on set pieces, do not f*ck with Shakhtar on set pieces.

Porto - Favourite Portuguese team, follow them loosely.
Have some young talents in Kelvin and Juan Manuel Iturbe and some other good players like Joao Moutinho and Jackson Martinez, but a fairly weal defense. Eliaquim Mangala is very aggressive and it would be to our advantage if we could get him sent off without breaking anyone.

Celtic - Another club I have a bit of a soft spot for. Not amazing, not a true "one of the best around" anymore and long gone are the Lisbon Lions, BUT they have deadly counters, fast players, good finishers, solid defenders, and Fraser Forster in goal and they can certainly park a hell of a bus if they wanted to. The 125th anniversary will boost them.

Galatasaray - Probably the easiest club of the lot on this list, I can only recognise 5 players and none of them are amazing:
Cris (former Lyon player), Melo, Eboue, Altintop, and the Urugay keeper.
All of these players are fairly agressive, maybe bar Altintop, so we should be wary.
Should be all nice and easy at the AA, but the away match will be tough.
They will have a helluvan atmosphere at their stadium, pressure, heat, flares, and angry fans singing from the top of their lungs.
And the home advantage for the Turkish club when we play the away game means aggressiveness from their players without the refs interfering.
I smell injuries, a night of screaming at refs, and a very tough away match.

Overall I'd probably take AC Milan, still with that in mind, there will be NO easy games from now on.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Woah...Bayernlove with a serious post??!

I kinda agree with all what you said especially shakhtar and Galatasaray

Galatasaray at home is really Hell on earth, especially fo foreign teams that dont play there every season ,it would be one hell of an experience

Shakhtar are good ,not awesome but they play team football and all their players always give more than 100%

Srna is a great leader with good offense and defense and also his crosses and set pieces are among the best the remaining 16 teams have to offer

Willian is an allrounder , other than goalkeeping i have seen him doing everything in football AND I MEAN EVERYTHING
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I hope for Milan. This is the best season to end that curse.

From a co-efficient point of view, hopefully Arsenal will be drawn against and eliminated by either Dortmund or Bayern, so I wouldn't mind them either.

The ones I'd like to avoid are obviously Real Madrid and to a certain point Shakhtar as well. They are a great team and I have a big fear of Russian/Ukranian away games, probably thanks to Zenit.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm

I think the pot difficulty for us is as follows (in increasing order):

Celtic - Galatasaray - Milan - Porto - Arsenal (my selected) - Shakhtar - Madrid
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:22 pm

BayernLove wrote:Eliaquim Mangala is very aggressive and it would be to our advantage if we could get him sent off

After experiencing difficulties in playing against 10 men against 3 clubs, this should not happen. :wink:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Element wrote:
Galatasaray at home is really Hell on earth, especially fo foreign teams that dont play there every season ,it would be one hell of an experience

Exactly. Frankly Galatasaray is the last team I'd want to be playing, alongside Real.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:43 pm

AC Milan, revenge is sooooo overdue with them...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Element » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:44 pm

quaazi wrote:
Element wrote:

Exactly. Frankly Galatasaray is the last team I'd want to be playing, alongside Real.

We can humiliate them at home and away

But i dont really want one of our players to do it in his pants ,seriously ,there is no joking with those fans
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Will be a danger to play at Santiago Bernabeu, Arsenal Stadium, or againt Shaktar without Boateng (suspended) and Badstuber (injured)..

So I wish to play against galatasarray, celtic or Milan..
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League