You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-18] Bayern Munich vs Celtic

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
83%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Celtic F.C. will win
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: [2017-10-18] Bayern Munich vs Celtic

Postby Coman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 am

If I'm right Jupp said there will not be a lot of turn-over until the team played the football he wants...

I guess we'll see the exact same line-up except Martinez.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:51 am

I believe that thiago Vidal will be the ones in CM with James as #10 Muller and Coman on the wings

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:21 pm

An incredible amount of Bayern Munich fans have tried to buy tickets for the Champions League showdown with Celtic in Glasgow later this month, with 34,000 supporters applying for briefs. [source]

According to the Daily Record, Bayern have been handed just 3,200 tickets for their trip to Celtic Park but more than 34,000 have actually applied.

Police are reportedly worried that home fans could be willing to sell their tickets to away fans that would mean Germans in the home end and lead to policing issues. Bayern fans are being warned they will be ejected from the ground if they are in the Celtic end.

A source told the Scottish paper, "We could not believe the number of Bayern fans who applied for tickets. With 34,500 applications, that represents half of their stadium in Munich. It also means 10 German fans wanted to come for each ticket available.

"We are just keeping our fingers crossed that we don't end up with a similar situation to Cologne in London."
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Lukas » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Perhaps British clubs should follow Germany and allow mixed support, except in certain areas (like the Südkurve). The problem is British fans are so tribal and insular, they would not allow "the enemy" to take over "their" sections. I experienced this watching Bayern at City and Arsenal. I know what British fans are like sp did not dare show my allegiance, but there were other Bayern fans nearby who received terrible abuse and were threatened with violence. They weren't actually removed from the stadium though, despite the threats from the Brit clubs.

And there was no actual violence despite the threats from the fans. All talk no bite.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby hgb09 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 pm

There will be no rotation. Just James and Vidal in for Coman and Javi
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am

Lukas wrote:Perhaps British clubs should follow Germany and allow mixed support, except in certain areas (like the Südkurve). The problem is British fans are so tribal and insular, they would not allow "the enemy" to take over "their" sections. I experienced this watching Bayern at City and Arsenal. I know what British fans are like sp did not dare show my allegiance, but there were other Bayern fans nearby who received terrible abuse and were threatened with violence. They weren't actually removed from the stadium though, despite the threats from the Brit clubs.

And there was no actual violence despite the threats from the fans. All talk no bite.
I agree with them (Brits) here, I don't like mixed areas either. I experience that when I go to watch international matches.

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:Perhaps British clubs should follow Germany and allow mixed support, except in certain areas (like the Südkurve). The problem is British fans are so tribal and insular, they would not allow "the enemy" to take over "their" sections. I experienced this watching Bayern at City and Arsenal. I know what British fans are like sp did not dare show my allegiance, but there were other Bayern fans nearby who received terrible abuse and were threatened with violence. They weren't actually removed from the stadium though, despite the threats from the Brit clubs.

I agree with them (Brits) here, I don't like mixed areas either. I experience that when I go to watch international matches.

When was the last time you were in an actual mixed club crowd? It's no big deal and fun af, with banter rivalry right in your seat.

Brits should lighten up and let mixed crowds be. I had to keep quiet in the home end for Arsenal away, and had a horrible game bc kf it. But I was fine in the home end for Hannover away....fun game and got to know some nice Hannover fans.

I'm one of those 36.000 who applied

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 am

Roonzil wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

When was the last time you were in an actual mixed club crowd? It's no big deal and fun af, with banter rivalry right in your seat.

Brits should lighten up and let mixed crowds be. I had to keep quiet in the home end for Arsenal away, and had a horrible game bc kf it. But I was fine in the home end for Hannover away....fun game and got to know some nice Hannover fans.

I'm one of those 36.000 who applied

It IS a big deal if you've paid a lot of money and have to keep goal celebrations and other support somewhat suppressed out of fear of getting mobbed. You're a woman, so that greatly reduces the chances of getting a good ol' punch-in-the-face by a kilt-wearing whiskey-breath thug, but if you were a guy who's not a muscular 6-footer, the chances are very real. Besides, it's not enjoyable if your team's losing and you're surrounded by fans of the opposing team celebrating.

PS: just last August.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am

Sergei Karasev (RUS) w is the referee
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 am

DRvad14 wrote:Sergei Karasev (RUS) w is the referee

He was the referee on 1st September when Germany played away against the Czech Republic (Germany won 2-1) and the one where Besiktas won 2-0 against Leipzig and Werner suffered a boo-boo in his ear.

He has never refereed Bayern, but he refereed a 6-1 loss by Celtic to Barcelona.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 pm

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm in favor of the idea using a small rotation so we can catch up and find chemistry quickly until the break.
Since the big moaners are out (Ribery for example) while Vidal is not completely fit etc we can pull it off without many whispers in the dressing room. Tolisso,Rudy,Sule,Raf doesn't have the status to demand something like a starting place. James is a big "?" he literally will rot on the bench since Thiago-Muller are unquestionable starters. That Muller-Robben RW thing seems unlikely in order for James getting some minutes.
I'm really interested in what Heynckes has in mind for James, he is an asset if he can find his 2014 form.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 am

Yesterday, FC Bayern II played and won 0-2 and Wriedt played the full 90 minutes (and scored 1 goal). I don't know if he was registered for the Champions League but if he was it'd be unlikely he'd be on the bench again less than 24 hours after he stopped playing for the reserves. On the other hand, Fruechtl was not in the matchday squad. Perhaps he's convinced Heynckes enough to sit on the bench for the match against Celtic, something he hasn't done since Ancelotti was head coach.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 am

I know we're all (almost all of us, at least) on a Jupp-High right now....But this is still an important match and hopefully won't be underestimated. We need three points, Pack ma's!
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Roonzil » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am

aterford wrote:I know we're all (almost all of us, at least) on a Jupp-High right now....But this is still an important match and hopefully won't be underestimated. We need three points, Pack ma's!

I'm still scared shitless for our defense...and have seen too many "old tactics" in attack as the game progressed on Saturday. We've only had proper training for a week, I'm still cautious.

She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League