You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-04-14] Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will be the winner of Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:07 am

Bayern Munich
65%
Barcelona
17%
A Draw
17%

Total votes : 23

[2009-04-14] Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona

Postby shwas55 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:07 am

Well its safe to assume that we are out of the C.L at the Q.L stage (again), however this time our undermanned team was demolished in the away game by a very hot Barca.

Lucio is back for this match, DVB, and Lahm look likely to miss again.

I just wish we dont concede early goals because if we do that might turn into another Sporting (we will be on the receiving end this time though)

Lets hope we can salvage some pride and make the aggregate score look abit more respectable.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2009-04-14] Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:59 am

Lahm and DVB out? SO I guess we will concede at least 2 goals! :( But I hope for ENTERTAINING match, 3:2 win would be fantastic and unreal for us! We should score early goal! I hope Barca plays with reserves :D

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Lahm will be back while van Buyten is still doubtful because of his ongoing family issues.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:14 pm

MrLinky wrote:Lahm will be back

Where did you see that ?
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby MrLinky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:
MrLinky wrote:Lahm will be back

Where did you see that ?

Jürgen Klinsmann kann wieder auf die Dienste von Philipp Lahm bauen. Und van Buyten wird, wenn er sich dazu bereit fühlt, in den Kader berufen.

"Klinsmann can look forward to having Lahm's services again. DvB will be called up for the squad as well, if he feels he's ready for it."

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/rundumdenball/0904/fussball-ticker-ballack-van-bommel-ribery-macheda-arschawin-1304-rund-um-den-ball.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

im sure we could line up Daniel but i dont think we should do it till his father is 100% safe.

He wont be able to focus on the game 100% cus at the same time his father might be dying. his mind wont be on the game fully.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby superstar » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Don't agree with some on the Van Buyten issue.

His father clearly isn't dying "at any second" or he would already be dead. Van Buyten's missed a few matches now - it's been a couple of weeks. How long will it go on for? People can be dying of cancer/heart disease/AIDS etc for months. To the VB extended absence supporters - Are you lot going to be happy if Van Buyten is gone for months [yet still banking his astronomical wages] because "family comes before football"?.

People can take months to die. What if his father makes a miraculous recovery - will VB have the decency to refund Bayern the massive wages he has drawn while the club stood by him in his father's hour of need? I don't think so.

It doesn't wash. Out here for us plebs in the ordinary workforce it wouldn't wash and it certainly doesn't wash in football on the astronomical wages VB gets paid. If my father was dying of cancer, heart disease etc, do you think my company would keep paying me while I cease working for them to "grieve with my family"? No they wouldn't. You are expected to use your annual leave for that kind of thing and then maybe you might get some unpaid leave. If it was an important time for the company you might get a week off tops. The best comparable real life example I can think of is a tax accountant for a big accounting firm trying to take weeks off "for compassionate reasons" at the end of the financial year. It would not be allowed.

It should be the same for VB. Van Buyten is being paid good money for important matches like this. His absence by his father's bedside for 4 hours will not be noticed. Bayern can fly him from Belgium to Germany for the match by private jet and then back again afterwards. Sorry folks not good enough.

VB should be out there at the Allianz arena in the match against Barcelona repaying Bayern for the 2 weeks or so they have already tolerated his extended absence during the most important time of the season. If this was the beginning of the Bundesliga season it wouldn't matter if he was gone, now it clearly does and the team really needs him. Many many people have lost parents. Your whole life does not stop. You deal with your grief in your own way but you cannot neglect your responsibilities. For many of us that includes our employment. VB's job is to play football. It's been 2 weeks now - he needs to show up for work like the rest of us have to regardless of what is going on in our lives.
superstar
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:26 pm

I think we will win but I dont think it will be what we need to advance. Im seeing a 3-1 or 3-2 match. There is a rumor that Henry wont start, but I dont think that would be enough. Take out Messi and Eto as well and then I could see us advancing.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:34 pm

There's a rumour going around that Henry and Messi will be starting as subs. If this is true I believe we can beat Barca, although it is highly unlikely that we beat them by a large enough margin to go through to the next round.

I'm kinda starting to wish we had the Napoli duo already. I hope the rumour is true and Bayern really are after them. Those 2 are deadly.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:42 pm

Last time Barca played vs Bayern in the Allianz arena was last season in the beginning, when we still had Hitzfeld, Kahn and Jansen. They won 0-1. Now that our team got weaker, I really dont see us winning unless Barca dont care about the match cus its already been decided or if we play miraculously good.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MrLinky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:41 pm

SilentStrike wrote:Last time Barca played vs Bayern in the Allianz arena was last season in the beginning, when we still had Hitzfeld, Kahn and Jansen. They won 0-1.

That was a friendly match. Don't think you should base your point upon that game. Now that everybody except Miro is fit I think we have a good chance in beating them, but the team which is gonna advance to the semi's is known. There's now way we're gonna beat Barca in this form with a 4 goal difference. All we can do is get at least some revenge and show the world that we deserve to be among the top 8 European clubs even though you couldn't see much of that in the first leg.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:25 pm

Lucio and Lahm will play . And Van Buyten has returned from Belgium today but it's not sure whether he will play against Barca .
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby VIKTOR84 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:21 pm

I've readed that dvb and lahm will play,greath,but will still miss Klose as we are low on attacking play against Barca,in witch we need all the possible goal capible gays thet we have,but beside the rummer that Henry and Messi will be on the bench i doubth that will overcame Barca by the resoult that we need :oops: .
Maybe some other season if our board deside that need more class players who are willing to give everything for the club even in situation like this 0:4 minus.
To be honnest i'm not seeing Bayern taking the right resoult,even if Barca show defensivly like the did in Lyon.,in witch we will have possesion of the ball 50% or more :(
VIKTOR84
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:51 pm

MrLinky wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:Last time Barca played vs Bayern in the Allianz arena was last season in the beginning, when we still had Hitzfeld, Kahn and Jansen. They won 0-1.

That was a friendly match. Don't think you should base your point upon that game. Now that everybody except Miro is fit I think we have a good chance in beating them, but the team which is gonna advance to the semi's is known. There's now way we're gonna beat Barca in this form with a 4 goal difference. All we can do is get at least some revenge and show the world that we deserve to be among the top 8 European clubs even though you couldn't see much of that in the first leg.

I dont think this game is worth much more than a friendly anymore. thats why I used that game to predict the score.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby elcalifornio » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:55 am

All I want is a good effort. Barca are clearly better so just giving it everything on 50-50 balls and playing good defense and creating some chances is good enough because Bayern just aren't. Thats how it is. We don't have a techn. superior player except for ribery and he has often seemed less interested in team football and more in himself. So a loss with a 110% effort is okay, but i doubt schweini, oddo, and co. will give even 80%.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League