You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-12-06] Bayern Munich vs Atlético

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
56%
It will end in a draw
6%
Atlético Madrid will win
38%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2016-12-06] Bayern Munich vs Atlético

Postby Coman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:08 am

The space used to perfection because of the system.

If Thiago has been deeper and the FB higher on the field, it would have been a empty space in midfield and in defense.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby bbenno » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:32 am

Achilles wrote:One, must not think or imply that if we would have beat Rostov today we'd be sitting of the 1st place, you miscalculate the situation, Atletico placed their prime XI no doubt they didn't want to lose, they just wanted to smack in our faces that we won in your house too!

If it was a decision match their intensity and maybe the tactics would differ BUT that doesn't mean we couldn't win either way, I'm saying that we must not become "Arsenal" bragging like "hoho we won you once or twice" yeah but all their wins were meaningless. The only thing that we won yesterday was a pshychological boost, these players beat them again at Allianz and realise that there is a way and they can do it nonetheless we had some great individual performances to be happy of Vidal,Thiago,Bernat,Lewa and as always the terrific Hummels!

Now we have the obligation to win all the remaining league games convicingly to restore our image, we have the momentum, we have all our players in our disposal fit & healthy and some right tactic adjustments. 4 games = 4 wins and I want Red Bull's scalp!

Agree with your analysis Achilles! Maybe we wanted it a bit more, but then again, why does Oblak go up for the last corner and yes they didn't show up with the B-squad!
Many of us have been critical of Ancelotti and his tactical decisions, myself included. But, that game last night. WOW! 8) The guys played almost brilliantly. The only thing that annoys me is that we should have won by 2-3 goals and not just build the victory on a freekick from a very good position. But the chances were there. We could have put four past them with Robben's runs and Thiago's huge chance! (what a pass from Costa!)
Totally agree about the RasenBall scalp, one of our biggest matches of the season, as it might put some dents in their confidence if we shoot down their unbeaten run.
Sanches was good, but his passes are a bit too slow and a bit unprecise in the last attacking third (that should hopefully improve), but good showing from him overall.
Bernat was also impressive, as was most of the team. =D>
And yes, as someone mentioned earlier, the only thing missing is building Müller into the starting 11 better.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Achilles » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:43 am

bbenno wrote:Agree with your analysis Achilles! Maybe we wanted it a bit more, but then again, why does Oblak go up for the last corner and yes they didn't show up with the B-squad!
Many of us have been critical of Ancelotti and his tactical decisions, myself included. But, that game last night. WOW! 8) The guys played almost brilliantly. The only thing that annoys me is that we should have won by 2-3 goals.But the chances were there. We could have put four past them with Robben's runs and Thiago's huge chance! (what a pass from Costa!)
Sanches was good, but his passes are a bit too slow and a bit unprecise in the last attacking third (that should hopefully improve), but good showing from him overall.Bernat was also impressive, as was most of the team

I suppose that if they were 2 goals down the match would end immediately for them, since they got away with our clear chances to end it and the game stayed 1-0 they had the chance not to lose, I find it pretty normal in that moment to seek for the equalizer, we're talking about Simeone's men after all..

What we need is balance and wins to build on, I don't mind about the missed chances, not while ago we hardly produced one, the main objective is to produce and then eventually the goals will come with the quality of our players, the abnormal is not to create chances for them which have been the problem the whole November and Ancelotti's criticism was rightful! Now the things are much better offensively,we're on a roll, we creat chances and we rotate well, there is motion from the players.

I find Sanches very good not super super but above average, he looks rusty sometimes but keep in mind that Ancelotti doesn't treat him well and he is considering him as B-team player unfairly, he provides much more from Alonso defensively with his pressing and quickness, the timing and pass to Robben's miss chance was perfect, he misplaces some passes,does indeed some unforced errors but that comes with playing time and experience. I prefer his unforced errors than Alonso's deadly blunders and slow recovery. Renato must be a starter more frequently, he is an asset and very promising already!

Muller should be an easy task for Ancelotti, play him between the lines as SS behind or next to Lewandowski, Ancelotti makes his own life difficult for no reason.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Hated the game. You guys keep complaining about the last three years of sterile possesion then wut about yesterday? If a good game means playing against a team at half steam at best then we are in for a tough ride. Rafinha had me pulling my hair off, Robben got completely nullified, Costa with some good spells but then marked around the wings which meant he mostly had to drift inside without purpose. Lewan? What Lewan? Oh, you mean the free kicked wonder. Yeah, Ancelotti's Godson tribute. Carlo must be thanking the God's for Robert's late found inspirations. I certainly am.

At this point Sanches is not quite ready. Not ready, or perhaps he is simply maybe not ready. Did I mention he might not be just ready?

Good thing Martinez wasn't on board. His latest performances been simply quite dismal God saves his soul (truly wish the guy recovers his destroying mojo.) Bernat with more positives than negatives; truly the guy either needs to play full time or play full time. I mean the guy coming off the bench cold is not really fair.

Then we had Thiago. One of his worst games to date. He simply looked tired, didn't he? And yet playing him way more advanced than Vidal showed his true value. Getting ahead of his marker in such a dangerous zone and formulating inside passes right on their backyard. Now just imagine that with two wingers and a spotman.

Here's wishing for a 4-2-3-1. In February, maybe not against Barza. Or Leiscer.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:58 pm

tflags wrote:Hated the game. You guys keep complaining about the last three years of sterile possesion then wut about yesterday? If a good game means playing against a team at half steam at best then we are in for a tough ride. Rafinha had me pulling my hair off, Robben got completely nullified, Costa with some good spells but then marked around the wings which meant he mostly had to drift inside without purpose. Lewan? What Lewan? Oh, you mean the free kicked wonder. Yeah, Ancelotti's Godson tribute. Carlo must be thanking the God's for Robert's late found inspirations. I certainly am.

At this point Sanches is not quite ready. Not ready, or perhaps he is simply maybe not ready. Did I mention he might not be just ready?

Good thing Martinez wasn't on board. His latest performances been simply quite dismal God saves his soul (truly wish the guy recovers his destroying mojo.) Bernat with more positives than negatives; truly the guy either needs to play full time or play full time. I mean the guy coming off the bench cold is not really fair.

Then we had Thiago. One of his worst games to date. He simply looked tired, didn't he? And yet playing him way more advanced than Vidal showed his true value. Getting ahead of his marker in such a dangerous zone and formulating inside passes right on their backyard. Now just imagine that with two wingers and a spotman.

Here's wishing for a 4-2-3-1. In February, maybe not against Barza. Or Leiscer.

Wowly shit :|
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby zozon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:22 pm

Achilles wrote:Muller should be an easy task for Ancelotti, play him between the lines as SS behind or next to Lewandowski, Ancelotti makes his own life difficult for no reason.

Well, maybe if football was played with 12 players, than Muller is an easy task for Ancelotti.

We all want 2 pure wingers, plus Lewa, plus a good midfield (Vidal, Thiago, Sanches, Alonso, Lahm, Kimmich) even a fit Martinez is an option.

I dont even wanna be in Carlo's shoes. He has an extraordinary squad at his disposal and its very difficult to keep them all playing and keeping their form up. Muller's place and everybody's places and positions (except Lewa, Neuer, Hummels, Vidal) are in the question for the big matches.

For the first time in years I personally cant name my "best" starting 11... its difficult to put one up, considering the choices. Too many positions in the starting 11 are up for the grabs when the CL knockout comes.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dalv » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:47 pm

you ppl forgot Hummels, he was a boss
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Dalv wrote:you ppl forgot Hummels, he was a boss

This! Definitely stepped up when it mattered!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:54 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Dalv wrote:you ppl forgot Hummels, he was a boss

This! Definitely stepped up when it mattered!

Such an elegant display. Composed, tall, heck, he didn't even had to comb his hair afterwards. Truly his best display in red.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Coman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:21 pm

TZ wrote all an article on "how great was Bayern in 4-3-3 for the first time against Atletico"

It's funny because they can't analyse the game and see it was a 4-2-3-1 with Thiago as #10.

Too hard to understand, so they only see the team sheet. :roll:
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Player Ratings
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 am

BayernForum.com MOTM was Robert Lewandowski with an average Voopl vote of 8.38.
2nd place Hummels and Vidal (joint at 8.13) [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League