You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-05-03] Bayern Munich vs Atlético

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern will go through to the final after 90 minutes
55%
Bayern will go through to the final after extra time
16%
Bayern will go through to the final on penalties
4%
Atlético will go through to the final on penalties
No votes
Atlético will go through to the final after extra time
No votes
Atlético will go through to the final after 90 minutes
25%

Total votes : 51

Re: [2016-05-03] Bayern Munich vs Atlético

Postby ottackon » Wed May 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Look, your hatred blinds you, that's all.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 04, 2016 9:48 pm

We already had top players before Pep arrived, but some of them got even better. Boa and Alaba stand out.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Don't bother. It's enough that Pep and the players have respect for one another. No one else's opinion really matters.

It saddens me that we can't just drop this shit after the team put everything on the line for the fans. It doesn't even matter anymore. Ancelotti is coming anyway. Move on for the love of god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Wed May 04, 2016 9:52 pm

pyrasur wrote:Don't bother. It's enough that Pep and the players have respect for one another. No one else's opinion really matters.

It saddens me that we can't just drop this shit after the team put everything on the line for the fans. It doesn't even matter anymore. Ancelotti is coming anyway. Move on for the love of god.

Yep, it is time we move on to the Ancelotti era, Pep made mistakes, it happens, we will be back.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby SIMEONEisGOD » Wed May 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi,

First of all, i would say that i'm a proud atletico fan, and i want to tell you only a few things:

1) I think that bayern has been the best team that we have ever faced in the last 5 years (when simeone joined atletico), both of us deserved to join the final, bayern is a wonderful team, i have never seen a team that plays so quickly and fast-touching, even better than barcelona, incredible, congratulations
2) Rumennigge is a very arrogant person, he has deserved to get an owned, i hope that you'll make him be quiet and he will shut up his mouth
3) I would like to know your opinion about the final, we are facing real madrid, our city rival, i'm very confused, i lived a nightmare two years ago, and now i'm between happiness and nightmare, i don't know what will happen, but i'm very confident on my team, a friend of mine, who lives in germany, has told me that in german tv it's said that atletico is clearly favourite

regards
SIMEONEisGOD
First post

Years of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 04, 2016 11:36 pm

Atletico is going to win without any question.

Zidane is a very incompetent manager right now and who knows if benzema will be fit for the final.

I think Torres scores his goal and fulfills his life dream.

If real win, I would be shocked. Torres has been peaking at the perfect time for you guys, which i think was the key to atletico's revival.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:59 pm

SIMEONEisGOD wrote:Hi,

First of all, i would say that i'm a proud atletico fan, and i want to tell you only a few things:

1) I think that bayern has been the best team that we have ever faced in the last 5 years (when simeone joined atletico), both of us deserved to join the final, bayern is a wonderful team, i have never seen a team that plays so quickly and fast-touching, even better than barcelona, incredible, congratulations
2) Rumennigge is a very arrogant person, he has deserved to get an owned, i hope that you'll make him be quiet and he will shut up his mouth
3) I would like to know your opinion about the final, we are facing real madrid, our city rival, i'm very confused, i lived a nightmare two years ago, and now i'm between happiness and nightmare, i don't know what will happen, but i'm very confident on my team, a friend of mine, who lives in germany, has told me that in german tv it's said that atletico is clearly favourite

regards

Well, Simeone is defintely not God :( but thanks for the compliments and for coming in in a very civil way.

You should've won in 2014 and you should win it this year. Real are terrible and I hope you win, not necessarily because I prefer Atletico over Real (quite the contrary actually), but you did beat us using a hell of a tactic. German media will always favour the team that beat Bayern and deservedly so. I think I speak for many of us if I say we are still very bitter and sad, so I'm not yet gonna say which team actually deserve to win the trophy this year until I completely cool down but you should and will win against Real.

Even though I don't like how your team and coach played against us last night, from a football fan to a football fan, congratulations on your win and I hope you enjoy the final :)
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 05, 2016 12:00 am

SIMEONEisGOD wrote:Hi,

regards

1) Thanks
2) I don't like what he said about the referee... That's beneath us as a club. But Rummenige is a Bayern legend.
3) I also think you're clearly favorites. I don't like at all the style of football you play, but the other leg of this season's CL was truly poor. How city got into a SF and how Real got to a final is beyond me. You're clearly favorites, but then again... In a final anything can happen.

PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Thu May 05, 2016 12:06 am

You'll win if Simeone doesn't **** up like last time and play an injured player... :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu May 05, 2016 2:03 am

Jorge wrote:
I said several times in this 3 years here: Pep's problem was not navigating Bayern through the Bundesliga or the Champions League campaign, his problem always was big games against big teams where he failed repeatedly to the point of suffering embarrassing defeats and that's how I always had the feeling that he was not going to win the CL with Bayern.

I was so prepared for this last fiasco that I had no emotions coming into this game or after the game, something that I am experiencing for the first time in many years.

If the biggest problem of Bayern of Pep was that they cant win biggest games against big teams, then will be impossible to reach to 3 consecutive champions league semifinals. The road to the semis is not easy and only few teams can reach to this level. The problem with us as fans is that we get too much expectation after the treble, that now every elimination from champions league is the end of the world.

Also, your feeling, my feeling and the feeling of the rest of the fans will not determine the performance of a team. Maybe only the feeling of the 70,000 fans during the game can help to push the local team forward.

Your vision of football is good, but you lost faith in this team, because no matter the situation Bayern face through the season, the hope is the last thing a fan has to lost.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 05, 2016 6:44 am

It's down to Ronaldo. Atletico are favourites but Ronaldo can always make the difference

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu May 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Jorge wrote:Only an observation: possession football (that with endless passes in the midfield and few attacking bursts) like Guardiola unsuccessfully tried in his first season at Bayern is as boring as the Bilardo style that Simeone plays. Obviously there are fifty shades of colors in between. Guardiola started to abandon his all possession style in his second season and by this season adopted a more direct style where possession was only a component of a more varied style. On the other hand, based on what he has Simeone is 3 steps back compared to Bilardo himself, in a system where 2 lines of 4 are always behind the ball and only 2 floating players are allowed roam this Atletico looks more rigid than the scheme itself asks for, but it makes the team very impenetrable.

I said several times in this 3 years here: Pep's problem was not navigating Bayern through the Bundesliga or the Champions League campaign, his problem always was big games against big teams where he failed repeatedly to the point of suffering embarrassing defeats and that's how I always had the feeling that he was not going to win the CL with Bayern. Guardiola stormed the world of football with his intricate passing style during his first seasons at Barca but overtime other managers learned how to deal with it while Pep refused to evolve and he left Barcelona being defeated by a Chelsea side that looked as poor in resources as this Atletico. Once I realized that he had come to Munich to found Barca II and soon realize the bumpy ride ahead. I was so prepared for this last fiasco that I had no emotions coming into this game or after the game, something that I am experiencing for the first time in many years.

To Pep's little credit: he played the best game of his Bayern years last night, but it was too little too late. The first leg in Madrid without an away goal versus a team so hard to break had already put Bayern uphill.

Hardly the case. Bilardo is a nobody was it not for Maradona; a player that by and large defined the term 'carrying your team on your back' single handedly. No other player in history could be named so solely responsible for his team's successes so naming Bilardo the cause for that sucess is at the very least highly doubtful.

Your opinion is severely flawed as well. So is the criticism put upon a coach with the least options to lose his national records for three years straight. You say you foresaw problems coming. What I didn't foresee was three years where the closest anyone came to stealing Bayern's national titles were some bad referee calls at a Pokal semifinals and five points between here and the Ruhr when things mattered the most.

If you call that foreseeable problems then we must have been watching different leagues.

And this is exactly the problem with this forum. Fans don't respect a person's style of football when it constantly delivers trophies and missing the mark on quite a few ocasions. A Juventus failure preceded by a Juventus triumph or a Atlético debacle followed by a triumph of European football that would send the other side of these semifinals running for their bank accounts and cashing out.

No, I don't see a problem of style. We simply can't applaud style one game only to run back and dismiss it the next. So was it perfect? Hell no. I certainly wasn't. Problem is, you can't really expect perfection from a coach that can't have it both ways. You simply can't enforce this style, OR ANY for that matter, without the human part of the game and that is security, eagerness, aspiration. . . motivation. RAGE.

Bayern Munich lost the semifinals in 2016 because they walked into a game with their heads fulls and their hearts empty and they returned a goal down and more missed chances to settle the score than any since 2012. And that is, history has shown, the essence of football. You don't win if you don't want to or, in Atléticos' case, if someone wants it more.

Guardiola has his style of coaching. Like it or not it brings them titles by the load, but he still has a lot to learn at the highest levels. And that is why Heynckes walked out with them titles, and everyone's hearts.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 05, 2016 2:35 pm

tflags wrote:
Jorge wrote:Only an observation: possession football (that with endless passes in the midfield and few attacking bursts) like Guardiola unsuccessfully tried in his first season at Bayern is as boring as the Bilardo style that Simeone plays. Obviously there are fifty shades of colors in between. Guardiola started to abandon his all possession style in his second season and by this season adopted a more direct style where possession was only a component of a more varied style. On the other hand, based on what he has Simeone is 3 steps back compared to Bilardo himself, in a system where 2 lines of 4 are always behind the ball and only 2 floating players are allowed roam this Atletico looks more rigid than the scheme itself asks for, but it makes the team very impenetrable.

I said several times in this 3 years here: Pep's problem was not navigating Bayern through the Bundesliga or the Champions League campaign, his problem always was big games against big teams where he failed repeatedly to the point of suffering embarrassing defeats and that's how I always had the feeling that he was not going to win the CL with Bayern. Guardiola stormed the world of football with his intricate passing style during his first seasons at Barca but overtime other managers learned how to deal with it while Pep refused to evolve and he left Barcelona being defeated by a Chelsea side that looked as poor in resources as this Atletico. Once I realized that he had come to Munich to found Barca II and soon realize the bumpy ride ahead. I was so prepared for this last fiasco that I had no emotions coming into this game or after the game, something that I am experiencing for the first time in many years.

To Pep's little credit: he played the best game of his Bayern years last night, but it was too little too late. The first leg in Madrid without an away goal versus a team so hard to break had already put Bayern uphill.

Hardly the case. Bilardo is a nobody was it not for Maradona; a player that by and large defined the term 'carrying your team on your back' single handedly. No other player in history could be named so solely responsible for his team's successes so naming Bilardo the cause for that sucess is at the very least highly doubtful.

Your opinion is severely flawed as well. So is the criticism put upon a coach with the least options to lose his national records for three years straight. You say you foresaw problems coming. What I didn't foresee was three years where the closest anyone came to stealing Bayern's national titles were some bad referee calls at a Pokal semifinals and five points between here and the Ruhr when things mattered the most.

If you call that foreseeable problems then we must have been watching different leagues.

And this is exactly the problem with this forum. Fans don't respect a person's style of football when it constantly delivers trophies and missing the mark on quite a few ocasions. A Juventus failure preceded by a Juventus triumph or a Atlético debacle followed by a triumph of European football that would send the other side of these semifinals running for their bank accounts and cashing out.

No, I don't see a problem of style. We simply can't applaud style one game only to run back and dismiss it the next. So was it perfect? Hell no. I certainly wasn't. Problem is, you can't really expect perfection from a coach that can't have it both ways. You simply can't enforce this style, OR ANY for that matter, without the human part of the game and that is security, eagerness, aspiration. . . motivation. RAGE.

Bayern Munich lost the semifinals in 2016 because they walked into a game with their heads fulls and their hearts empty and they returned a goal down and more missed chances to settle the score than any since 2012. And that is, history has shown, the essence of football. You don't win if you don't want to or, in Atléticos' case, if someone wants it more.

Guardiola has his style of coaching. Like it or not it brings them titles by the load, but he still has a lot to learn at the highest levels. And that is why Heynckes walked out with them titles, and everyone's hearts.

Not entirely true. Guardiola sent the guys to draw in the first leg. The same coward attitude he did in other important CL matches before to catastrophic effect. It's clear that players were instructed not to press as hard, and not to attack so much, but instead keep patient control over MF. Formation reflected this and also the FBs role reflected this.

PunkCapitalist

Postby quaazi » Thu May 05, 2016 3:36 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote: The same coward attitude he did in other important CL matches before to catastrophic effect. It's clear that players were instructed not to press as hard, and not to attack so much, but instead keep patient control over MF. Formation reflected this and also the FBs role reflected this.

:shock: :shock:

Y'know, sometimes I think there is credence to Balague's argument about "small people and small minds". I'm supposed to be on a football sabbatical, so I'm not going to bring up the most obviously brave (or foolhardy if you prefer) approach to a CL semi final in my time that happened a mere year ago. But I'd love it if you went to your room without supper and thought about it a bit.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:44 pm

It was guardiolas last chance and theres no doubt he gave it his all and the team did for him as well some f the football played under him has been sublime i will remember him fondly but it still feels we could have been better its mainly the 1 win in 9 away knockout champions league games that is the let down. Ancelotti does have big shoes to fill but im confident he will and he will bring the cl success that has been missing the last few years.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League