You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-02-15] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
72%
It will end in a draw
11%
Arsenal F.C. will win
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: [2017-02-15] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:01 pm

His performance was pretty level across halves. He did great in both. Of course, in the second one he got 2 goals and an Assist...

He faded slightly for 15 minutes after the penalty, but that was no wonder, thats when Arsenal kept the ball the most and Thiago had it less to do his magic.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:12 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:He faded slightly for 15 minutes after the penalty, but that was no wonder, thats when Arsenal kept the ball the most and Thiago had it less to do his magic.

Yes, the whole team played worse during that period...

Thiago was great yesterday, I voted him MOTM. I can't understand the complaints about him playing better in the 2nd half than the first. Of course he did, and so did just about any other Bayern player! Let's not forget he's coming back from injury too, and to make that kind of performance... =D>
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:His performance was pretty level across halves. He did great in both. Of course, in the second one he got 2 goals and an Assist...

He faded slightly for 15 minutes after the penalty, but that was no wonder, thats when Arsenal kept the ball the most and Thiago had it less to do his magic.

Shhh don't scare them away. Let them come back to supporting our boys
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: [2017-02-15] Bayern Munich vs Arsenalo

Postby spotman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Bentonomo wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
spotman wrote:Honestly guys - I'm reading the commentary here during the game and REALLY scratching my head. Thiago was strong all match. He was passing the ball well, not losing it - I'm not sure if we were all watching the same game. Very confused.

Also - all of this "all we are doing is feeding robben and lewa".,.. well obviously!! They are our best attackers and we're beasting the Arsenal defenders.

It's sad, but it seems this forum has been taken over by teenagers with little to no knowledge of footy or Bayern in general. It's almost as bad as the Bayern facebook pages.

I agree. After getting home last night and watching the game (i couldn't watch it live because of work), i was like "wtf were these guys talking about? Thiago was class the whole match and Bayern was clearly superior for every minute minus maybe 10-15 or so after the penalty!". During the match all I knew was what I read the guys posting on the chat and on the board and by halftime I was depressed thinking we were out of the CL already, after watching the match I couldn't make out what was it that I had read previously...

He was world class only second half

Let's say I agree with you (which I don't) - do you think it's reasonable to insult a Bayern player because he wasn't WORLD CLASS for the first 45 minutes? We expect all of our players to be WORLD CLASS every minute on the pitch?? Sorry - this is footy, not FIFA 17 with in-form cards.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:38 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:He faded slightly for 15 minutes after the penalty, but that was no wonder, thats when Arsenal kept the ball the most and Thiago had it less to do his magic.

Yes, the whole team played worse during that period...

Thiago was great yesterday, I voted him MOTM. I can't understand the complaints about him playing better in the 2nd half than the first. Of course he did, and so did just about any other Bayern player! Let's not forget he's coming back from injury too, and to make that kind of performance... =D>

One reason why every other player played better is that Thiago - one of our most important players - did so imo. In the first half prior to the Arsenal goal, our class showed in winning the ball back immediately almost every time we lost possession, but going forward we weren't good. It's no surprise we only scored one compared to 4 in the second half. We didn't have much chances in the first even when we were clearly the better team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Remember the blood fam guy who said bayern are not the same bayern?
See what he says now..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:
So we are back to our good old forum. One where somehow Germans are good enough for life, other nationalities are good enough for 45 minutes and stats somehow don't count. That is, of course, unless you are German.

Why do you frequently have to spoil a great post by a negative ending and a swipe at administration? Sometimes I don't know what you expect, that admins don't stay watching the match just in case someone says a negative comment about a player during the first half an hour just so that we can ban him, or something like that?

This is how things unfolded to the extremes in recent times. The German identity is a great deal for lifetime Bayern fans, it isn't for more current generations, but for the most part we never had tribal politics in the forum and like Mutu I have been here for 10 years. Non-German players were always embraced by the fans in this forum, from Elber to Ze Roberto, from Lizarazu to Kuffour. Anyone doubts that Alaba or Ribery are part of our family? The problem is that most long time Bayern fans have to go through the process of accepting players with little connections to the club as part of our core: Robben went through that process and today I can't find a single fan who does not give him the free ride: he earned it. Thiago more and more is becoming part of the family, regardless of his passport.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:50 pm

spotman wrote:Let's say I agree with you (which I don't) - do you think it's reasonable to insult a Bayern player because he wasn't WORLD CLASS for the first 45 minutes? We expect all of our players to be WORLD CLASS every minute on the pitch?? Sorry - this is footy, not FIFA 17 with in-form cards.

I do expect a world class performance from our players in one of the most important games of the season, yes. Especially one who has consistently been one of our best players this season.

Obviously insulting is out of the question. I didn't insult him, can't vouch for other users. I merely noted at HT on chat that he was surprisingly one of our worst players in that half, which anyone is free to disagree with of course, and said that if he doesn't improve Müller should eventually replace him because we needed to try to make things work. Only for that game of course, I've seen what he can do and unlike many others (some of whom probably support Thiago today) I never thought that Thiago still needs to prove himself as many were saying last year; I'm convinced he proved his worth in his first season with Bayern. Turns out not only did he improve, but in the second half he had one of his best performances this season. No problem, delighted he proved my HT comments wrong in such a spectacular and important fashion. But I still think it's wrong to claim that he played the same way in the second half as he did in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:01 pm

First comment
RoboKuki2 hours ago
finally Arsenal managed to play like Barca

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:58 pm

MUTU wrote:Why do you frequently have to spoil a great post by a negative ending and a swipe at administration? Sometimes I don't know what you expect, that admins don't stay watching the match just in case someone says a negative comment about a player during the first half an hour just so that we can ban him, or something like that?

Oh no, that wasn't from yesterday. That was from the endless discussions that fill the forum with negative comments about certain players that don't have umlauts. At least that is my impression since I quite frankly can't understand any other reason why players getting praised elsewhere get the maginifer treatment here everytime they get dispossed or God forbid miss a pass out of 117.

If you don't agree please try and suggest Bayern accept the offer for a German player relegated to the bench and see the amount of crap they'll throw at you on this forum. Mueller doesn't deserve to get this type of discussion; fine, I actually agree. But what about Goetze then. I remember you defending him for three pages worth of posts after three years he collected more money than God and produced dismal results. And yet the constant criticism from Mexico, France and Costa Rica on Thiago is quite impressive. Every single time.

I don't see anyone applying the rule about negative unecesary critism on players which is the main reason I find this forum not only less appealing to read but quite frankly ridiculous.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Jorge wrote:This is how things unfolded to the extremes in recent times. The German identity is a great deal for lifetime Bayern fans, it isn't for more current generations, but for the most part we never had tribal politics in the forum and like Mutu I have been here for 10 years. Non-German players were always embraced by the fans in this forum, from Elber to Ze Roberto, from Lizarazu to Kuffour. Anyone doubts that Alaba or Ribery are part of our family? The problem is that most long time Bayern fans have to go through the process of accepting players with little connections to the club as part of our core: Robben went through that process and today I can't find a single fan who does not give him the free ride: he earned it. Thiago more and more is becoming part of the family, regardless of his passport.

LOL. Somehow Jorge managed to avoid the Gotze thread altogether.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Badger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:41 pm

That was a delightful win and a good performance last night.

I'm not 100% comfortable with the solution, but I seem obliged to accept it...

Mueller was effectively dropped and replaced by Alcantara. Mueller, aside from his form issues, is not really a playmaker and never really has been. He's at his best on the wing, with some freedom to roam. Unfortunately, with Bayern's riches on the wings this season, Carlo has played Mueller in the middle quite a lot, and Bayern have looked stagnant at times as a result. Sometimes the creativity from the wings and deeper midfield covered for this, but often it didn't. Alcantara has greater creativity, and functioned a lot better as a playmaker, stringing things together last night. Bayern seemed a different team as a result - perhaps not for the full match, but for long periods. I hope Mueller can find form, but I don't think he'll find it until he's back on the wing. In the meantime, I hope that Alcantara starts in the advanced playmaking role a lot more often.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:52 pm

tflags wrote: LOL. Somehow Jorge managed to avoid the Gotze thread altogether.

I guess I did. I do not have a clue about what you are talking about since unfortunately I do not spend much time in the forum anymore.

At the end of the day I just provided a general statement that you can apply to any particular discussion about German and non-German players, it could be Gotze, Thiago or Andreas Ottl. I feel like this forum is so polarized that you are in one camp or the other and there is no middle ground and common sense anymore.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ottackon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Badger the revenant, always great to read ya.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Congrats, great job yesterday from Bayern. =D>
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag: