You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-02-15] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
72%
It will end in a draw
11%
Arsenal F.C. will win
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: [2017-02-15] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:18 pm

It was a sensational game yesterday. No single team has been able to give these roller coaster rides champions league stage such as Bayern. From one of the most dubious penalty calls (followed by and equally frustrating and repeated non-penalty verdicts) that turned the tables unjustifiably so for the team that had the so called gunners on their pockets for a good quarter of an hour. From then on Arsenal and their pr!cks moved with a different pace and Bayern's defense, not to mention the entire midfield, started to wobble.

Enter Lewandowski. Where people are under the impression strikers should be judged exclusively as how they score he flipped back to the circle midfielder like: If the ball don't get to Mahoma, Mahoma will go get the ball. There was no way Bayern was walking away from this 1-1. Robert thought different. He single-highhandedly (reads "with the help of Lahm") turned the game back in Bayern's favour with an spectacular jump over the fence and into the opposing post. BOOM, back to you b!tches.

Lewandowski ran, Lewandowski fought, Lewandowski crossed. By the time he back-heeled that ball to Alcántara, he had the entire Arena in his pocket. Strikers don't score goals. That's for mere strikers. And Lewandowski was no mere striker yesterday. And that's more important than 4 goals at the Bernabau or five at the twin glass towers.

Where's Thiago? I though. There was a play where Lahm launched forward and I saw Thiago move to the opposite edge of the screen as to cover the void left behind on a possible turnover. Oh my God, he disappeared. Did he showed up? Not on a box full of red shirts; but waiting for the rebound. Same position two very different outcomes: A "poor first half" followed by an brace. Funny how there are those who can somehow know a player had such a terrible game; on the 25th minute.

And this is how comments and repeated criticism go unchecked on this forum. That is, of course, unless the admin likes you. Perhaps if he was German he would somehow go for three seasons without a major breakthrough and STILL be called a promising star with a deserved chance forward. Hmmm, that "promising star" didn't even make it to Lisbon I heard.

So we are back to our good old forum. One where somehow Germans are good enough for life, other nationalities are good enough for 45 minutes and stats somehow don't count. That is, of course, unless you are German.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:26 pm

So just before I go, @Coman, you kept repeating Alcántara wasn't good enough against big teams. Here's what T-Online (who don't particularly liked him) wrote about yesterday's game:

"The former favorite pupil of the former head coach Pep Guardiola was able to take the Thomas-Müller position in the central midfield and showed there a performance, which is still described as inadequate with the title "Weltklasse". With 111 ball contacts he was the pivotal point in Bayern's game and always knew a solution. Speed ​​up the tempo, move the side, put a long ball into the top or even turn it off and bring peace. A true playmaker." Cheers.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Robben s goal from the stands
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/8 ... 8790793216

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:53 pm

What a game, after all that dread by the end of the 1st half and already restraining myself from throwing something at the TV because of that crook of a ref, this victory tastes sweeter.
I know a Maltese guy who was there with his dad at the Nordkürve and he must be still in awe about that Robben goal just below him and the atmosphere at the Allianz.

Notwithstanding the victory I still saw some repeating traits which have been persistent in some of our players.

ii) Before managing to score Lewa was killing me with those dumb moments. I know the pressure and everything but that player really confuses me how he switches between the states of brilliance and those dumb moments.
ii) I don't want to take anything away from those 2 great goals but before those arrive, Thiago had his usual moments when he gets the ball in midfield and he doesn't seem to take notice of opponents sneaking up on him and most of the time he is easily dispossessed. I don't know what's this...could it be overconfidence ?
iii) The reaction to the rebound from the penalty save from Neuer...Alonso was in there before Alaba. Alaba looks like lost jogging aimlessly and then he stops again to let Sanches chest it down. At that point it was so important not to let that ball go in at any cost but he was so sheepish !!!
Spoiler: show
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:52 pm

We're superior at home as always... the CL is ours if we improve in away games.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dalv » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:05 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Arsenal hadn't let 5 goals in for a year. Last time they did, it was us at the Allianz :D

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:10 pm

rthebest wrote:I just watched Robben's goal again. He should stop sliding on his knees.

Why?

Spoiler: show
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby spotman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Honestly guys - I'm reading the commentary here during the game and REALLY scratching my head. Thiago was strong all match. He was passing the ball well, not losing it - I'm not sure if we were all watching the same game. Very confused.

Also - all of this "all we are doing is feeding robben and lewa".,.. well obviously!! They are our best attackers and we're beasting the Arsenal defenders.

It's sad, but it seems this forum has been taken over by teenagers with little to no knowledge of footy or Bayern in general. It's almost as bad as the Bayern facebook pages.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:44 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Arsenal hadn't let 5 goals in for a year. Last time they did, it was us at the Allianz :D

Let me expand on that...

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:47 pm

tflags wrote:It was a sensational game yesterday. No single team has been able to give these roller coaster rides champions league stage such as Bayern. From one of the most dubious penalty calls (followed by and equally frustrating and repeated non-penalty verdicts) that turned the tables unjustifiably so for the team that had the so called gunners on their pockets for a good quarter of an hour. From then on Arsenal and their pr!cks moved with a different pace and Bayern's defense, not to mention the entire midfield, started to wobble.

Enter Lewandowski. Where people are under the impression strikers should be judged exclusively as how they score he flipped back to the circle midfielder like: If the ball don't get to Mahoma, Mahoma will go get the ball. There was no way Bayern was walking away from this 1-1. Robert thought different. He single-highhandedly (reads "with the help of Lahm") turned the game back in Bayern's favour with an spectacular jump over the fence and into the opposing post. BOOM, back to you b!tches.

Lewandowski ran, Lewandowski fought, Lewandowski crossed. By the time he back-heeled that ball to Alcántara, he had the entire Arena in his pocket. Strikers don't score goals. That's for mere strikers. And Lewandowski was no mere striker yesterday. And that's more important than 4 goals at the Bernabau or five at the twin glass towers.

Where's Thiago? I though. There was a play where Lahm launched forward and I saw Thiago move to the opposite edge of the screen as to cover the void left behind on a possible turnover. Oh my God, he disappeared. Did he showed up? Not on a box full of red shirts; but waiting for the rebound. Same position two very different outcomes: A "poor first half" followed by an brace. Funny how there are those who can somehow know a player had such a terrible game; on the 25th minute.

And this is how comments and repeated criticism go unchecked on this forum. That is, of course, unless the admin likes you. Perhaps if he was German he would somehow go for three seasons without a major breakthrough and STILL be called a promising star with a deserved chance forward. Hmmm, that "promising star" didn't even make it to Lisbon I heard.

So we are back to our good old forum. One where somehow Germans are good enough for life, other nationalities are good enough for 45 minutes and stats somehow don't count. That is, of course, unless you are German.

Why do you frequently have to spoil a great post by a negative ending and a swipe at administration? Sometimes I don't know what you expect, that admins don't stay watching the match just in case someone says a negative comment about a player during the first half an hour just so that we can ban him, or something like that?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:49 pm

spotman wrote:Honestly guys - I'm reading the commentary here during the game and REALLY scratching my head. Thiago was strong all match. He was passing the ball well, not losing it - I'm not sure if we were all watching the same game. Very confused.

Also - all of this "all we are doing is feeding robben and lewa".,.. well obviously!! They are our best attackers and we're beasting the Arsenal defenders.

It's sad, but it seems this forum has been taken over by teenagers with little to no knowledge of footy or Bayern in general. It's almost as bad as the Bayern facebook pages.

I agree. After getting home last night and watching the game (i couldn't watch it live because of work), i was like "wtf were these guys talking about? Thiago was class the whole match and Bayern was clearly superior for every minute minus maybe 10-15 or so after the penalty!". During the match all I knew was what I read the guys posting on the chat and on the board and by halftime I was depressed thinking we were out of the CL already, after watching the match I couldn't make out what was it that I had read previously...

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Re: [2017-02-15] Bayern Munich vs Arsenalo

Postby Bentonomo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
spotman wrote:Honestly guys - I'm reading the commentary here during the game and REALLY scratching my head. Thiago was strong all match. He was passing the ball well, not losing it - I'm not sure if we were all watching the same game. Very confused.

I agree. After getting home last night and watching the game (i couldn't watch it live because of work), i was like "wtf were these guys talking about? Thiago was class the whole match and Bayern was clearly superior for every minute minus maybe 10-15 or so after the penalty!". During the match all I knew was what I read the guys posting on the chat and on the board and by halftime I was depressed thinking we were out of the CL already, after watching the match I couldn't make out what was it that I had read previously...

He was world class only second half
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Mexico

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League