You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal F.C.

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
4%
Arsenal F.C. will win
2%

Total votes : 48

Re: [2013-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal F.C.

Postby AdepT » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 pm

:twisted:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Cazorla » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Element wrote:
Cazorla wrote:Congratulation Bayern, you guys are still favorites imo. I hope to see you guys next year again. I am still shocked that we won 2-0, this is the Arsenal way, always make it difficult for us. I think we are 2 quality players from competing in the highest level.
I am proud of my team and I wish we had Gibbs for the first game, Vermaelen is just shit these days.
Good luck and I will be here to cheer you guys all the way. =D>

If arsenal fans are shocked than what should a Bayern fan say?!

Koscielny was great

And do you have any idea why Arteta is playing?? That guy is IMO one of the most pathetic Center midfielders who played in this seasons champions league
And the three useless fouls he commited in injury time killed your dream in reaching the QF

Arteta was great last year because we had Song, and this season he has been garbage. Arteta, Ramsey and Vermaelen have been our weakest links. I wish Wenger can see he is not good enouph for Arsenal. I wish we can get Cesc back, I hoping for Cesc to sit on the bench at Barca and make him come home. [-o<
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rogach » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Jorge wrote:
Rogach wrote:This was NOT a bad game at all. It was our usual game, we played like we always do with 2 slight diffirences being not scoeing our chancales and making 1 mistake in defence. The defence besides that 1st goal was very good, the econd goal was pure luck. The creative part was also ok, we creazed a lot of chaces. But like it or not at the end it all comes to chance. Imagine foorball as a game of dice. whoever throws the most wins. The better the team thr more dice it gets. We had a 100 dice while arsenal only had 10. But arsenal threw only 6s while we threw 0,001s... Such games are bound to happen statisticly, but we've had 2 such games in the last year. Hopefuly we wont get such games for the next 10000 years now.

Maybe we watched a different game: the Bayern that we like does not have a highway right through the center of the midfield.

It appearse we did watch a different game. The one i saw was the one where arsenal had 1 chance the entire game. There was only Bayern's midfield and none of Arsenal's. When will people learn to start observing the game, not the result. Our only flaw this game was not capitalizing on the chance we had. We arguably played better the we did when we beat Lile 6-1, when we eliminated Madrid and so on. It's just not evident on the result, cus little things went badly. Stop making it look like this was some kind of a cathastrophy, it was a usual bayern game with a ton of unluck.
Rogach
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Wenger might be right. Ive been telling you from the start Barcelona in form are better than you, the best in the world in fact but you dont listen. :wink: You say you can challenge them - of course! But the generation of players there is simply brilliant and on top of that they have Messi. Barca is not over-hyped, is not overrated. When in form they play the best football Ive seen in my lifetime.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Well boohooo!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm

I wonder why Yoda hasn't posted yet. I guess he is writing a uber post of how we underestimated Arsenal. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Rogach wrote:It appearse we did watch a different game. The one i saw was the one where arsenal had 1 chance the entire game. There was only Bayern's midfield and none of Arsenal's. When will people learn to start observing the game, not the result. Our only flaw this game was not capitalizing on the chance we had. We arguably played better the we did when we beat Lile 6-1, when we eliminated Madrid and so on. It's just not evident on the result, cus little things went badly. Stop making it look like this was some kind of a cathastrophy, it was a usual bayern game with a ton of unluck.

That's the problem: to win the CL besides luck you need 19 other things and Bayern lacked 16 or 17 of those yesterday. Did you watch that famous game on May 19th 2012? If you did you probably understand why many are so concerned here.

You are free to congratulate the team for the 3 things that worked, some others are expressing frustration about the 16 or 17 that did not work which ultimately translated into a result: Bayern ZERO: Arsenal 2 and Bayern advancing only by a razor thin margin: away goals rule.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Rogach » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Jorge wrote:
Rogach wrote:It appearse we did watch a different game. The one i saw was the one where arsenal had 1 chance the entire game. There was only Bayern's midfield and none of Arsenal's. When will people learn to start observing the game, not the result. Our only flaw this game was not capitalizing on the chance we had. We arguably played better the we did when we beat Lile 6-1, when we eliminated Madrid and so on. It's just not evident on the result, cus little things went badly. Stop making it look like this was some kind of a cathastrophy, it was a usual bayern game with a ton of unluck.

That's the problem: to win the CL besides luck you need 19 other things and Bayern lacked 16 or 17 of those yesterday. Did you watch that famous game on May 19th 2012? If you did you probably understand why many are so concerned here.

You are free to congratulate the team for the 3 things that worked, some others are expressing frustration about the 16 or 17 that did not work which ultimately translated into a result: Bayern ZERO: Arsenal 2 and Bayern advancing only by a razor thin margin: away goals rule.

NO, that's thing, 16 or 17 things worked, only 2 were missing. And as i said, such a statistical miricle happened to us twice in a year now, one being now and the other on the 19th of May. How often do you think it will happen, that out of 23 attempts on goal we will net 0? I would bet you that it wont happen again for quite some time. How often will Alaba slip, how often will Dante have the ball skip between his legs? It was an unfortunate turn of events, that couldn't have possible gone worse for BAyern, and couldn't possibly have gone better for Arsenal. It was like being hit by a meteor for Bayern. Have you ever heard of a person, that got hit by a meteor 3 times in a year? If it happens all you can say is there is a God and he hates Bayern becouse we are already on a statisticly almost impossible streak.
Rogach
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:07 pm

I was not ready to write about this game yesterday as I was really frustrated...

Our players thought we are already in the quarters...as did we...but you can see that you can lose everything with that kind of thinking. There is no excuse for our players to play like that. They were not organized and did not fight enough. There was almost no pressing from our players.

You could see that they attacked a lot through our left side with Alaba all alone with no support from Robben. Everyone could see that. Even Gustavo didnt offer enough help on that left side.

Jupp also made a mistake by sticking with Gustavo and Martinez in the middle when it was clear as a day that those two cant move the ball around as fast as we are used to. Kroos should be playing instead of Schweini with Shaqiri or Muller as AMC. That way Kroos wouldnt have to drop deeper so he could help Gustavo/Martinez while leaving his position in AMC. That was the biggest problem. Our transition play was not good as it was throughout this season.

Another mistake by Jupp was that he subbed Mandzo for Gomez who offers less in pressing and defending. It was like he was trying to go for a goal while he really had no attack after subbing Kroos for Tymo.
It was really a weird call from Jupp.

it was like we were playing totally different from what we are used to. We had no WIDTH! Robben offered no width as he was always moving towards middle. It was like he was trying to do everything just to score and show the fans that he is ready for first XI, but he did the opposite. I am sure that Jupp saw that.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I was not ready to write about this game yesterday as I was really frustrated...

Our players thought we are already in the quarters...as did we...but you can see that you can lose everything with that kind of thinking. There is no excuse for our players to play like that. They were not organized and did not fight enough. There was almost no pressing from our players.

You could see that they attacked a lot through our left side with Alaba all alone with no support from Robben. Everyone could see that. Even Gustavo didnt offer enough help on that left side.

Jupp also made a mistake by sticking with Gustavo and Martinez in the middle when it was clear as a day that those two cant move the ball around as fast as we are used to. Kroos should be playing instead of Schweini with Shaqiri or Muller as AMC. That way Kroos wouldnt have to drop deeper so he could help Gustavo/Martinez while leaving his position in AMC. That was the biggest problem. Our transition play was not good as it was throughout this season.

Another mistake by Jupp was that he subbed Mandzo for Gomez who offers less in pressing and defending. It was like he was trying to go for a goal while he really had no attack after subbing Kroos for Tymo.
It was really a weird call from Jupp.

I really don't think we can use Kroos to move the ball. Kroos is quite slow on the ball.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:11 pm

lau03143 wrote:I really don't think we can use Kroos to move the ball. Kroos is quite slow on the ball.

you must be kidding right?
sch0ll7

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
lau03143 wrote:I really don't think we can use Kroos to move the ball. Kroos is quite slow on the ball.

you must be kidding right?

No, he is slow on the ball
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Please define "slow on the ball" ?
sch0ll7

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:24 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Please define "slow on the ball" ?

His one touch game still needs improving. He almost always takes at least two touches and slows the play down. But, we've been able to deal with that with how well we've been playing in every other area.

He rarely breaks forward at pace either with the ball, so he's also a slower runner than others.

But that's beside the point. The whole team offered very little in terms of tempo.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm

lau03143 wrote:His one touch game still needs improving. He almost always takes at least two touches and slows the play down. But, we've been able to deal with that with how well we've been playing in every other area.

Kroos slows the play down but Gustavo and Martinez have better passing skills than Kroos? And have a better first touch pass than Kroos?

lau03143 wrote:He rarely breaks forward at pace either with the ball, so he's also a slower runner than others.

I didnt say we needed him yesterday to break forward at a pace with the ball but to pass the ball around and keep posession in the midfield. Gustavo cant do that and Martinez is not as good at keeping posession as Schweini or Kroos by his movement and passing.

You never see XAVI breaking forward at pace...he is probably the slowest midfielder besides PIRLO [another world class midfielder]...but those two know how to keep things calm and how to pass the ball around even if that means he needs to make 10 short passes and not doing split/through passes and does not offer anything in attack.
sch0ll7

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League