You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal F.C.

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
4%
Arsenal F.C. will win
2%

Total votes : 48

Re: [2013-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal F.C.

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Element wrote:Champions league matches are broadcast the same all over the world(so we also did not see what was going on)

I am sure live action comes from a unique set of cameras but I always wondered about post-production signal (inserting replays, etc) because for other world events including Football matches the mega distributers have production units that arrange the final content that is delivered while the small distributers pick a signal from those. I have watched the same game for certain competitions on ESPN and Univision here in the USA and the replays are different.

Do you know this as a fact or it is just a sound assumption?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Jorge wrote:
Element wrote:Champions league matches are broadcast the same all over the world(so we also did not see what was going on)

I am sure live action comes from a unique set of cameras but I always wondered about post-production signal (inserting replays, etc) because for other world events including Football matches the mega distributers have production units that arrange the final content that is delivered while the small distributers pick a signal from those. I have watched the same game for certain competitions on ESPN and Univision here in the USA and the replays are different. I actually have heard a few times the commentators asking production to replay a certain incident.

Do you know this as a fact or it is just a sound assumption?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AdepT » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:00 pm

^ Schweini always knows the right time to get a card. :wink:
But even he was surprised at the booking he received. He was careful afterwards. As for arguing with refs, he is always there before Lahm and tries to talk the ref out of any wrong decision against us. But the ref in the game was very card-friendly.
I bet if he's kid would have asked for ice-cream during the break, he'd have shown him one. :|

Before going into the game our target was getting an away goal and if possible to draw the match. Uli or KHR said it before the match.
So I guess '2 away goals' was quite a favorable situation to come home with whatever be the result.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:26 pm

No, it wasn't for dissent, as far as I recall. There was a foul, and the referee drew a yellow card for the foul apparently to Muller, as shown on TV. However, Muller was not carded because he received a yellow in the second half, so that first yellow was not his in the first place. It was for Basti. The referee carded Bastian for the foul, and the entire Muller situation confused thing. It wasn't dissent.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 pm

MoFattal wrote:No, it wasn't for dissent, as far as I recall. There was a foul, and the referee drew a yellow card for the foul apparently to Muller, as shown on TV. However, Muller was not carded because he received a yellow in the second half, so that first yellow was not his in the first place. It was for Basti. The referee carded Bastian for the foul, and the entire Muller situation confused thing. It wasn't dissent.

This makes more sense. When Muller was shown a yellow card on TV he participated in the play but it was Schweinsteiger who committed the foul and the TV had it wrong showing MUller nad captioning that the card was for him, then minutes later they amended the error showing that the card was for Bastian, also to clarify that he was missing the next match.

Muller was actually booked later in the game in the 58th minute. The match report shows Bastian's card in the 36th, I would like to check that the wrong Muller card happened at that time and that there was not incident with Bastian when the TV prompted that he got a yellow.

Damn TV!
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:39 am

Jorge wrote:How can he argue with the ref a card away from suspension?

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't on purpose, although as you said it would have made more sense later in the game.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Jorge wrote:How can he argue with the ref a card away from suspension?

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't on purpose, although as you said it would have made more sense later in the game.

Probably he wanted to provoke the referee so that if he did it again later the game,the referee would book him for sure,But the referee was on a bad mood and immediately booked him :P
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MrLinky » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm

They're not looking particularly good against a weak Aston Villa today either. We should be good in this one even if we don't bring our A game. Just no unnecessary yellows please.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcbayernfanalbania » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:07 pm

I think a 1-0 for us is the most probable since our players wont consume much energy and Arsenal hardly stands any chance against Bayern.
fcbayernfanalbania
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:19 pm

As long we weather their probable do-or-die first 15 minutes, we'll shift the game down to second gear and get a routine victory out of it.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Jorge wrote:
AdepT wrote:It was for dissent and none of the cameras focused on him.

That's what I thought anyway but strange.......... How can he argue with the ref a card away from suspension? Was he looking for a suspension to play clean from in the QF? In that case it would make sense in the 70th or 80th min but the game was only 36 min young and a 0:2 score at that point was not safe yet.

Or it was his chance to argue and wondered whether he'd get better ones. Or he honestly thought he should argue with the ref without caring whether or not he'd get yellow carded.

80th minute would have looked suspicious.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Regardless, the booking was not for arguing with the referee. It was for the foul which we, mislead by the TV coverage, thought it was committed by Muller.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm

^ Sorry but the dissent was all every text commentary site talked about.

So I downloaded the match and saw it again in slow motion. Take it to 35:24 and you'll see Schweini fouling Ramsey by pressing his studs on Ramsey's boot. Ramsey stumbled for a bit but controlled himself and tried moving forward with the ball again so Ref let the play go on. Enter Mueller from behind with a diving tackle on Ramsey. Ref calls the foul, gives free kick to Arsenal. Then does the calling gesture with the hand aimed at Schweini and shows him yellow around 35:35. At the time Schweini wasn't in the screen. Mueller was and he was surprised. But the yellow was meant for Schweini from the start.

So there you have it.

'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Cazorla » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:10 am

Bayren 6-1. =D>

I am becoming a fan, I know we are finished and I will cheer for you guys all the way.
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:08 am

AdepT wrote:. Enter Mueller from behind with a diving tackle on Ramsey.

IIRC it wasn't actually a foul. Mueller got the ball.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League