You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-04-11] Bayern Munich vs AC Milan

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

FC BAYERN vs ac milan...your predictions

FC Bayern to hammer those Italians
67%
Draw
7%
Milan win
13%
Are you crazy? we are already in the semis!!!
13%

Total votes : 15

[2007-04-11] Bayern Munich vs AC Milan

Postby Walls » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:26 am

This is it people! our road to the semis....

what do you guys think will happen?

score predictions

formation

who starts?
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:48 am

The Allianz will be rockin', and Kahn and Van Bommel are back, so there should be no reason that Bayern won't win. 6 keys to the match:

1. DO
2. NOT
3. PLAY
4. FOR
5. A
6. DRAW
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:48 am

This is comment from a report on Eurosport and it ticked me off when I read it.

"They aren't fabulous players, or at least they are not better than us," Nesta said." :evil:

Bayern needs to tape this to their dressing room wall and use it as motivation.

BTW...see everyone in a while. it's spring break and I'm going away. Take care and be nice and think positively.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Walls » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:42 am

tracylynn wrote:This is comment from a report on Eurosport and it ticked me off when I read it.

"They aren't fabulous players, or at least they are not better than us," Nesta said." :evil:

Bayern needs to tape this to their dressing room wall and use it as motivation.

BTW...see everyone in a while. it's spring break and I'm going away. Take care and be nice and think positively.

ARGGG THOSE #@##@##$#$%!!!!! we will show them!

take care.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:10 am

Good call tracy, I got mad when I read that, nevermind how the team must've felt. I think these Italians are going down hard next week.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:52 pm

So eurosport is saying that Inzaghi is a doubt for this match. Being that Ronaldo and Gilardino are ineligible, that leaves just Oliveira as their striking options. I don't know how good or bad Oliveira is, but I'd have to say I really hope this is true, since Inzaghi knows how to beat Bayern! Would they maybe use Kaka as an all-out striker?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:14 pm

Well the truth is that Bayern doesn´t have faboulus players like Kaka or Ronaldo but we do have team play. Idividually they are better but football isn´t individual game.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi is a serious doubt for the Champions League quarter final second leg clash at Bayern Munich next week.

The Italy man is suffering from an ongoing muscle problem that affects the regularity of his performances. The Rossoneri boss Carlo Ancelotti has instructed his medical staff to do all within their power to get the player ready for Wednesday's match but it is looking doubtful.

Milan sold Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea in the summer and his replacement - Ronaldo - is cup-tied and ineligible for the tie, while Alberto Gilardinho is banned, leaving Ricardo Oliveira as the only senior option.

-------
FCBinNYC: I know this is what you said, just pasting the article here :)

I think this is great news for us, especially as they have to come to Munich looking to attack.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:34 pm

According to this news article posted on the Milan site today at 6:15pm, Inzaghi has trained:

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=43902
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:05 pm

Ugh. Damn.

I can't believe Bayern havent reached the semis since 2001. Surely this is our year, at least to make the semis.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fcelber87 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:55 pm

Oh, man do I hope Nesta eats his words on Wednesday. I can stand it when players say that, especially coming from a Milan regular. He shows no respect, neither did Real. Everyone thinks they can beat Bayern. I dont care who we might play in the semis or final ( if we we manage to get there), Wednesday's game is the biggest game of the season. It is time for revenge. I look forward to seeing Lucio and Van Buyten break Inzaghi, and the Milan fans weep on their way back to the San Siro. Needless to say, I am pumped.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Walls » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:58 pm

fcelber87 wrote:Oh, man do I hope Nesta eats his words on Wednesday. I can stand it when players say that, especially coming from a Milan regular. He shows no respect, neither did Real. Everyone thinks they can beat Bayern. I dont care who we might play in the semis or final ( if we we manage to get there), Wednesday's game is the biggest game of the season. It is time for revenge. I look forward to seeing Lucio and Van Buyten break Inzaghi, and the Milan fans weep on their way back to the San Siro. Needless to say, I am pumped.

hell ye! Milan tears will make our pitch water logged
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:38 pm

AC Milan face a 100,000-euro (133,000-dollar) fine from the state of German federal state of Bavaria if they play with the logo of their shirt sponsors, bookmakers bwin, next Wednesday in the European Champions League at Bayern Munich.

The Munich council said on Thursday that it is illegal in Bavaria (and other German states) to advertise the private Austrian company bwin. Under German law only state-owned betting companies are allowed.

The statement came the day after Milan said they planned to wear the jerseys in next Wednesday’s quarter-final return leg.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:42 pm

MILAN, Italy (AP) - Ronaldo and Alberto Gilardino scored first-half goals and AC Milan beat Empoli 3-1 on Saturday to keep alive its hopes of a berth in next season's European Champions League.

Ronaldo's goal in the 12th minute and Gilardino's in 44th gave Milan a 2-1 halftime lead. Giuseppe Favalli added an insurance goal in the 78th.

The victory moved Milan into fifth place in Serie A with 47 points, including an eight-point penalty for its involvement in the Italian match-fixing scandal.

The top two teams earn guaranteed berths in the Champions League, while the next two receive berths in the qualifying phase. Milan climbed within one point of fourth-place Palermo, which lost 3-1 at home to Cagliari.

In Milan, Ronaldo gave Milan the lead, befuddling Empoli's defence with some trademark stepovers and scoring into the roof of the net for his fourth goal in seven games. He also had a second goal disallowed in the 25th for offside.

Luca Saudati equalized with a scissors kick from the edge of the area in the 43rd, but Gilardino restored the lead a minute later by controlling a ball from Ronaldo with his head and volleying into the bottom left corner.

Favalli scored his first goal for the Rossoneri off a pass by midfielder Andrea Pirlo inside the penalty box.

Neither Ronaldo, who is cup-tied, nor Gilardino, who is suspended, will be available for Milan's second-leg of the Champions League quarter-finals at Bayern Munich on Wednesday. Milan drew with the German team 2-2 on Tuesday.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:41 am

Since I'm on spring break, I will be home watching the game live on ESPN2. I'll be prepared for this game and I hope Bayern will be prepared for this game. I hope they come out fighting.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League