You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-04-11] Bayern Munich vs AC Milan

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

FC BAYERN vs ac milan...your predictions

FC Bayern to hammer those Italians
67%
Draw
7%
Milan win
13%
Are you crazy? we are already in the semis!!!
13%

Total votes : 15

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:39 pm

walter wrote:You know what? we should've made a good offer to Ronaldo (the Brazlian, to consider we would get Cristiano Ronaldo to Bayern is beyond anyones wildest dreams). He is probably just a shadow of the player he used to be, but he is having a great season in Milan (of course we would've not been able to use him in CL this year). I think he would have done great in Bayern...

They actually asked Rummenigge this question, on whether he'd be interested to buy Ronaldo when it became apparent that he was leaving. His reply was a very arrogant "we only buy quality players", which is baffling when put in light with our recent transfer policies.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Now, imagine we had played the 3-5-2 system. We could have really made up the losses of Schweinsteiger and Sagnol!

Kahn - Ismael, Lucio, Van Buyten - Lahm, Van Bommel, Hargreaves, Ottl, Salihamidzic - Podolski/Pizarro, Makaay

Almost the same team except for Ismael instead of Lell, but everyone would have been playing in his preferred position.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:We should just splash the money this year and form a good competitive team.

Bremen is a much better team when compared to us...they would have thrashed the same Milan at the weserstadion.

We can actually learn a thing or two from Bremen's transfer policy...They don't invest big but they buy what they need...

We just go after all average German NT players..

Bremen were lucky, to say the least, with Diego. Apart from him, which important players did they buy? Frings who was playing so badly with us? Mertesacker who looked so clumsy in defence ahead of the World Cup?

I think the team which is doing best with transfers in Germany is Hamburg, as they managed to obtain Sorin, Van der Vaart and Kompany.

Bremen have a style of playing and they managed to recruit the players who fit their style..ex: Naldo...
Almeida is not a bad buy either...he's definitely doing better than what Podolski is doing.

Add De Jong to the list of players Hamburg managed to attract...Yes, they did sign some good players but it didn't pan out well for them..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby soccerrules » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:13 pm

Well, not much to say...Milan deserved the win. I actually felt Bayern was lucky to get a draw in the 1st leg. Yes I am frustrated too,but again Milan was the better team, better in the sens that they stood well defensive and scored out of the few chances they had. Something else....this is a perfect example where german soccer (not the natl. team) but the league stands...1. England 2. Spain 3. Italy 4. Germany (but just a bit ahead of France) in my opinion. It has been said by someone before...Lell, Goerlitz, etc...are no Champions League players. Poldi has not delivered at all since he came to Munich...can't wait to see what Hoeness has to say.
soccerrules
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:14 pm

MUTU wrote:
walter wrote:You know what? we should've made a good offer to Ronaldo (the Brazlian, to consider we would get Cristiano Ronaldo to Bayern is beyond anyones wildest dreams). He is probably just a shadow of the player he used to be, but he is having a great season in Milan (of course we would've not been able to use him in CL this year). I think he would have done great in Bayern...

They actually asked Rummenigge this question, on whether he'd be interested to buy Ronaldo when it became apparent that he was leaving. His reply was a very arrogant "we only buy quality players", which is baffling when put in light with our recent transfer policies.

Exactly...he should shut his mouth when it comes to transfers...
I remember him/ fat hoeness saying that Riquelme is not Bayern quality...wtf?

he is better than each & every player of the current Bayern Midfield and probably he would have scored more goals than each of our strikers too.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:22 pm

I don't know what we were doing out there. The one match I ever get to see on TV, and they couldn't pull through. That offside goal was terrible, but this game really exposed our lack of depth/creativity. The long bombs weren't working, and yet we still go at it. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. Bayern needs to open the floodgates this summer. Get an established player who can patch up the gaps in our team.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby soccerkyle » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:29 pm

We should stop running after german players and sign some real quality players for once...

No this is a german team and the bulk of the team should be German and are u saying germans dont have quality.

I find this funny coming from an Indian who is a fan of bayern
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerrules » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:35 pm

By the way, watching Manchester vs. Roma yesterday and seeing Manu on a roll...boy oh boy...i don't even wana imagine...maybe it is better this way. Back to the drawing board, Hoeness & Co....such a great arena where soccer could be celebrated, but not with this team.
soccerrules
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:40 pm

soccerkyle wrote:We should stop running after german players and sign some real quality players for once...

No this is a german team and the bulk of the team should be German and are u saying germans dont have quality.

I find this funny coming from an Indian who is a fan of bayern

what I said doesn't mean that there are NO quality German players ..they are the best team around...

I have a problem with signing a young striker and shutting down the shop..he is just not experienced at this level and he is not proven yet...

The same applies for using the german reserves in the first team...

I don't mind having a bulk of german players in the team..but they will have to prove that they can match other players at this level..and to be honest...I don't think there are TOO many quality german players.
One more point...If you look at the teams playing in CL and succeeding, most of the teams are full of foreign(NOTE: AND PROVEN BOTH INTERNATIONALLY AND IN CLUB FOOTBALL) players..

So, if you want to succeed in Europe, you just have to have quality..plain and simple..
If you want to just keep winning Bundesliga and feel as if you won the world, then you can rob other bundesliga clubs of their players and be happy..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:10 am

First of all, I'm sad that Bayern lost. However, I am happy because they went farther than what any one of us expected. Most folks didn't think they would get past Real but they did. With all the problems and injuries that they've had this year, going this far isn't all that bad.

Secondly, this team did not look like they wanted to play today. They looked like pedestrians and not players. That was not good. I wonder if all the crap that the Milan players were saying got to them?

Thirdly, Pizarro should've started in place of Podolski. I think he didn't because I really do believe that Pizarro is leaving and they are trying to get Podolski comfortable with his role.

Fourth, hopefully Honess and Rumy need to waken up and try to get someone who can create some magic. They need to stop blaming the players and need to take a look in the mirror. It starts with them. They have to make the move to want to strengthen the team.

Finally, I'm available so Bayern can get me. LOL!! I'll create the magic on the field. (this is to help put a smile on your faces)
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby SNAKE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 am

......It doesnt matter who we sign, in Europe only MAJOR clubs will progress, hence Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Milan, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, am I forgeting someone? Bayern arent favourites with Uefa or with Europe, in fact we are almost the most hated club and the most likely to get pushed over along side PSV and Roma. I think it will be good IF we ever go to the Uefa Cup so that we wont have too much pressure on us.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SNAKE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:36 am

tracylynn wrote:First of all, I'm sad that Bayern lost. However, I am happy because they went farther than what any one of us expected. Most folks didn't think they would get past Real but they did. With all the problems and injuries that they've had this year, going this far isn't all that bad.

Secondly, this team did not look like they wanted to play today. They looked like pedestrians and not players. That was not good. I wonder if all the crap that the Milan players were saying got to them?

Thirdly, Pizarro should've started in place of Podolski. I think he didn't because I really do believe that Pizarro is leaving and they are trying to get Podolski comfortable with his role.

Fourth, hopefully Honess and Rumy need to waken up and try to get someone who can create some magic. They need to stop blaming the players and need to take a look in the mirror. It starts with them. They have to make the move to want to strengthen the team.

Finally, I'm available so Bayern can get me. LOL!! I'll create the magic on the field. (this is to help put a smile on your faces)

Well we are all sad about this bitter, bitter defeat, but move on, In CL we dont stand a chance, not with these open cheque book, bank cracking, pockets filled owners, I hate to say this but WE NEED a 2nd Abramovich or Gillette. Until then no chance for CL. But Tracy, Bayern didnt play bad, the 1st 20 mins and the 2nd half we crushed them too bad for 2 chances like Lell's and Podolski's. They did their part, it wasnt ment to be thats all. We made a surprise against Real but it was ment to be over sooner or later, Im glad it happend sooner than against Man Utd, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BITTER MEDICINE! Lets cheer up guys and watch Bundesliga and DFB.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby charger256 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:10 am

:roll:
The result is fair. How can this team progress when we have an invisible Makaay, Podolski that did not deserve to start the hole season but still he's got a lot of credit from Hitzfield, a nervous Salihamidzic, Santa Cruz (no comment), Hargreaves was thinking of Ferguson that was looking at him, Lell and Gorlitz (no comment) and Kahn just needs to pack, he's just no different from any average goalkeepr anymore. And this team ain't got chemistry :?
I am disapointed. I really felt that we could get into the semis. Having a 2:2 in hand and conceeding 2 goals at home, and after the putting pressure just in the end of the game, that just doesn't work. So the first leg was pure luck. :(
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Paddy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:57 pm

fa wrote:
Paddy wrote:It was well deserved for Milan overall. Bayern just isn´t top team. If a mediocre player like Scheini isn´t playing and its a big blow than it says all about the quality.

Hahaha, you should really get your own collum on this website :lol:

Sometimes I'm wondering whether you are not a Bremen fan who's trying to tease us :P

Im looking forward till next year, when hopefully Sosa can be our decisive man, like Seedorf and Kaka were tonight

Isn´t it true?? Is Schweini as great as Ronaldo, Ribery, Quaresma, Robben, Sneijder, Seedorf, SWP, Duff, Ronaldinho etc... This players are all far better....Schweini has his moments but so does Van Bommel...and if those two are the best we have in attacking midfield we are ****....and no bundesliga doesn´t count....even there schweini is crap most of the time....and don´t get me started on Poldi....Pizzaro a 2nd rate striker is much more usefull than Poldi...

We need quality not haltitop for **** sake....
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:36 pm

Bayern just need to make the correct signings. We are still a rich club. There's nothing I'd like more than to show we can still compete with the big boys.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League