You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-04-11] Bayern Munich vs AC Milan

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

FC BAYERN vs ac milan...your predictions

FC Bayern to hammer those Italians
67%
Draw
7%
Milan win
13%
Are you crazy? we are already in the semis!!!
13%

Total votes : 15

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:48 pm

I kept wondering from the 30th minute onwards why on Earth did Hitzfeld not introduce Karimi. We were clearly missing someone with technical skills in midfield, especially with the injury of Schweinsteiger.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SNAKE » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:54 pm

1) DONT and I mean DONT start throwing shit at Kahn, he did his part and did it decent, it wouldnt have made any difference with Rensing or Kahn.
2) Both Linesman and this "Ref" was horrible as always showing cleary favouritism, the favoured team wins all the time, Uefa rule, also we DID miss a lot of chances but thats life.
3) We did not miss Sagnol, we missed Bastian Schweinsteiger and also there is no creativity in the midfield, Hargereaves was crap, Van Bommel was a good fighter, Ottl sucked, But the best players on the pitch were, Lucio, Lahm and Van Bommel.
4) We might aswell concenrate on the damn league now, since Magath screwed us a lot this year and now its Ottmar's duty to clean it up.
5) I still beleive in Bayern altrough I will never beleive again in this stupid "competition".
6) If Mark or anyone starts to uselessly back talk what I said I wont be bothered much to reply. Read these words carefully and place them well in your heads, Champions League is home for the most richest teams, not the best teams.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Paddy wrote:It was well deserved for Milan overall. Bayern just isn´t top team. If a mediocre player like Scheini isn´t playing and its a big blow than it says all about the quality.

Hahaha, you should really get your own collum on this website :lol:

Sometimes I'm wondering whether you are not a Bremen fan who's trying to tease us :P

Im looking forward till next year, when hopefully Sosa can be our decisive man, like Seedorf and Kaka were tonight
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

GOD DAMMIT

Postby walter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:56 pm

I can't beleive this crap again! its always the italians! I am so depressed now...
We badly need a playmaker, it is quite obvious. Bayern system of brute strength and long balls into the box cannot harm an italian defence. What we lack is creativity and learn to play more "italian style" when we face italian teams and especially if we go into the game having the edge, like today.
Claudio Pizarro showed he belongs in the starting lineup and provided most needed creativity, especially when he set up Van Bommel on a couple occations, Hitzfeld needs to take that into consideration...

Well CL is over for us, I just hope Man United thrashes MIlan the same way they did Rome, I can't stand italian teams with their defensive football dominating international competitions.
Looking into future at least it seems Bayern has got a good replacement for Salihadmidzic. This kid Sosa from Estudiantes club in Argentina is having a very good season and he scored a sweet goal over the weekend. I think they play him mostly as a right midfielder and he is creative and also good on dead balls. Which reminds me that we currently don't have anyone who excels in that department. The last two freekicks taken today were such poor efforts it was embarrasing...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Apart from Sagnol, Schweinsteiger and Demichelis, I think there was one player we really missed who could have have made a difference... Sebastian Deisler. He has/had the qualities our midfield was desperately crying for.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Sam » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:03 pm

SNAKE wrote:1) DONT and I mean DONT start throwing shit at Kahn, he did his part and did it decent, it wouldnt have made any difference with Rensing or Kahn.

Snake I am not talking about just this game - I believe Kahn's performances in that last half dozen games have not been up to standard. As MUTU said, I cringe every time someone takes a shot at Kahn because he seems to have lost his trademark shot stopping ability. He still retains the screaming at the team afterwards though.

As for Sosa Walter, I believe we are going to need more than 1 quality signing to become a force next season. I think a player like Luca Toni would actually be a good move for us, providing it isn't too expensive. We can't continue to buy young players cheap, hoping they turn into the next Hargreaves. We need to buy some recognized players.
"Some people think football is a matter of life or death, but it's far more important than that." - Bill Shankley
Sam
Getting the hang of it

Postby soccerkyle » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:07 pm

I hope Manu beats these stupid italians 10-0
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:11 pm

The problem with Kahn is that he is letting in a lot of goals that he could potentially have saved, because his reflexes have suffered. Rensing on the other hand has problems with high balls, but he makes it up with lightning reflexes.

Anyway, I don't think I ever saw a Bayern team playing in the CL quarterfinals with such lack of quality players. You can blame the injuries, but the truth is that our team has no depth. Today wasn't a major injury situation, but we had Brazzo out of position at RB, Lell out of position at LM and Ottl out of position at RM. It was an experimental formation... never before had we played in this formation.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby diegis » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:14 pm

MUTU wrote:Apart from Sagnol, Schweinsteiger and Demichelis, I think there was one player we really missed who could have have made a difference... Sebastian Deisler. He has/had the qualities our midfield was desperately crying for.

i miss ze roberto :cry:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:16 pm

I am starting to really have a problem with Poldi....

He's just one overrated striker who gets benifited in the national set up because of the good midfield German NT has and not to forget, Klose...

We should stop running after german players and sign some real quality players for once...

FAT HOENESS should quit.....

Kahn can hang his boots...At least Rensing will get a chance to prove himself..I reallly think Kahn has reached the end of his career.

Stop getting medicore players from reserves to play in Chamions league..that's just awful...who are ottl, and goerlitz...and lell?...do they have enough experience to play in CL? That too in a knock out game? Hell No!!!!!!!!

We should just splash the money this year and form a good competitive team.

Bremen is a much better team when compared to us...they would have thrashed the same Milan at the weserstadion.

We can actually learn a thing or two from Bremen's transfer policy...They don't invest big but they buy what they need...

We just go after all average German NT players..
Last edited by fanOfBayern on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Before the game I thought he was crazy, but after having seen it, I have to say SNAKE was spot on. Only someone who's never watched a game of football in their lives or someone with some extreme bias would've made some of those calls. Gattuso and Nesta were on the floor more than they had the ball, and got a free kick every f---ing time. Plus, Inzaghi offsides? Anyone? Not that Bayern played well enough to deserve a win, but maybe if just half of those s--- calls had gone our way we could've gotten something happening. I knew Pizarro should've been in the starting 11 today, in these kind of games experience does a lot more for you than hoping a young player (Podolski) explodes. I also am clueless as to why Lell started on the left wing and Brazzo at RB, the team played so much better after they switched...Hitzfeld should know better than that. Another European embarrasment at the hands of Milan...hopefully we can do something in the Bundesliga so that we have another chance next year...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:23 pm

"As for Sosa Walter, I believe we are going to need more than 1 quality signing to become a force next season. I think a player like Luca Toni would actually be a good move for us, providing it isn't too expensive. We can't continue to buy young players cheap, hoping they turn into the next Hargreaves. We need to buy some recognized players."

Heck, I could not agree more with you Sam, but wheter such a point is realistic is debatable. We cannot compete with top teams of the italian, english or spannish leagues for the top, well recognized players, even if we make competitive offers in terms of money, most just don't want to come to the Bundesliga (e.g. Van Nistelroy). Which was the last high-profile player we hired? I can't remember. could we say Maakay perhaps? who could never establsh himself in the Dutch national team...or Vam Bommel, who was not a even a regular for Barcelona when we bought him. So obviously it is a lot more realistic to sign young talents and hope they will evolve into top players...

You know what? we should've made a good offer to Ronaldo (the Brazlian, to consider we would get Cristiano Ronaldo to Bayern is beyond anyones wildest dreams). He is probably just a shadow of the player he used to be, but he is having a great season in Milan (of course we would've not been able to use him in CL this year). I think he would have done great in Bayern...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:25 pm

supr4king wrote:
MUTU wrote:Apart from Sagnol, Schweinsteiger and Demichelis, I think there was one player we really missed who could have have made a difference... Sebastian Deisler. He has/had the qualities our midfield was desperately crying for.

i miss ze roberto :cry:

and I miss Ballack...hope he wins it with Chelsea this year....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:He's just one overrated striker who gets benifited in the national set up because of the good midfield German NT has and not to forget, Klose...

Good midfield from Germany, or bad non-creative midfield at Bayern? Or a mix of both perhaps?

fanOfBayern wrote:We should stop running after german players and sign some real quality players for once...

Well, we've been saying this for some time now. All we can do is hope. But let it be clear... real quality players generally do NOT want to play in the Bundesliga.

fanOfBayern wrote:Kahn can hang his boots...At least Rensing will get a chance to prove himself..I reallly think Kahn has reached the end of his career.

Agreed. At best, Kahn is not that much better than Rensing. Right now, he's simply halting the progress of (potentially) a future star.

fanOfBayern wrote:Stop getting medicore players from reserves to play in Chamions league..that's just awful...who are ottl, and goerlitz...and lell?...do they have enough experience to play in CL? That too in a knock out game? Hell No!!!!!!!!

We have a very big problem with lack of depth. Next season looks more promising as regards depth, but not sure about the quality, at least for now.

fanOfBayern wrote:We should just splash the money this year and form a good competitive team.

Bremen is a much better team when compared to us...they would have thrashed the same Milan at the weserstadion.

We can actually learn a thing or two from Bremen's transfer policy...They don't invest big but they buy what they need...

We just go after all average German NT players..

Bremen were lucky, to say the least, with Diego. Apart from him, which important players did they buy? Frings who was playing so badly with us? Mertesacker who looked so clumsy in defence ahead of the World Cup?

I think the team which is doing best with transfers in Germany is Hamburg, as they managed to obtain Sorin, Van der Vaart and Kompany.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fcelber87 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Bayern played very bad. This game was being shown across the globe. The team let all their fans down. It's okay to lose to a good team, but not the way Bayern did today. What happened in the last 20 minutes?--nothing--no passion, no heart. This team has dissapointed me extremely. I can tell you how upset i am. They better make some good transfers this summer or I'll be sending Hoeness and co. a nasty letter.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League