You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern Can Win The CL

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Bayern Can Win The CL

Postby tigercup » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:47 pm

I reaallyyy think that if we get past sporting lisbon we can really win the cl..A win against sporting will surely give boost to this squad and we could aim so high that trying to win it is a reality.Imagine people Rensing playing like he is doing lately (especially against lyon) with altintop lahm demichelis and lucio(or van buyten) in their top form Ze roberto Van bommel schweini anf magnificient Ribery with toni and klose (donovan as backup) i think we are scaring the big guns... Lets hope MVB celebrates with the trophy in his hands and ribery runs with the trophy like he did with the dfb pokal

Theres only Fc Bayern one Fc Bayernnnnn Theres only One fcbayernnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern Can Win The CL

Postby Jorge » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:06 am

You probably need to post this on the CL thread, but anyway it will be hard to win the CL.

To win the CL you need a combination of factors and usually those come together after I system is put in place, tested, refined and then make versatile. Klinsmann is only in his first year with basically no player that he has chosen to consolidate his team, he is working with what we had. Bayern has a lot of talent and Klinsmann seems to be finding what he wants but the start of the season ghosts are still too fresh in everyone's memory (who can forget the Bremen sparring at Allianz Arena?). At any given game this Bayern team can fall apart, and that's all it takes, a couple of mistakes and you are out. For sure we have the fire power up front, we have midfielders that can match offensively anyone in the world, specially as a system, but we lack defense. Our midfield does not hold as it should and our back line is not close to our rivals in Europe, in some cases as a system, in some cases some individuals. A chain is a strong as its weakest link, I am not an expert and I can see our potential shortcomings.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby shwas55 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:38 am

We all can hope.........But sadly the reality is different, if you break down the team you see why and where we have weaknesses that will stop Bayern from winning the C.L this year.

Attack: Our forward line is one of the best in the world, we have 2 of the most lethal strikers in the world, and when one is out of form the other stands up and delivers, i think Bayern, Barca, and Man u have the best forward lines in the C.L.

Midfield: Offensively we are very good. Our attacking midfielders (Ribery, Schweini and even Ze when he goes forward) can mix it with the best in the world, we got the skills the crosses the vision to cause troubles to any defense.
Defensively: is a total different story to be honest i dont see MVB stopping players like Ballack, Gerrard, Messi, Ronaldo.......etc from delivering quality balls into the box, and breaking down our defense.

Defense: Well here where it gets tricky, we have Lahm who is one of the best if not the best LB in the world. Our central Midfielders well... Im a huge fan of Lucio but i have to say he looks half a step slower than what he was last year, dont get me wrong he is still good, and solid but sadly not great. Demi is very good for any team, he started slow this year but i think he is back in top form and im sure he will be part of our next C.L glory. Oddo was just one of the worst signings we had in the past few years, and the quicker he is out the team the better.

Goalkeeper: No doubt Rensing came along way since the start of the season, he really is getting better and better all the time. however you cant help but be scared every time a cross or a corner is delivered into the box. Jumping should be an instinct for a goal keeper but its not the case with Rensing, if you watch him in corners you can see that he thinks way too much before he jumps or to stays put (he takes a step then stops, then jumps or goes back he looks not sure whether he will get to the ball or not).

We have many weaknesses to win a tournament like the C.L. You dont have to be the best team to Win a trophy, you just gotta have solid players in every poistion hitting their peaks at the right time, and ofcourse some luck. But when you have few weaknesses its just hard for that to happen.

If the Board worked on fixing those weaknesses last summer i think we would have been one of the top 3 favorites (alongside Barca and Man U) to win the C.L this year. However our board is a group of stubborn old men who only choose to react and never act ahead, I mean we only got Ribery, Klose and Toni after we finished 4th and missed out on the C.L, and this time they only decided to act on getting a DM after we had the worst start in 30 something years, even thought since last year the team was in need of a world class DM to take us to the next level. Better late than never i guess.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tigercup » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 pm

With Ribery anything can happen and iguess he is our talisman of winnig the CL.

In attack i agree with both but with MVB I think he is a good player all he neeeds is to be mentally clear and we can win anything.
In the defence we have some ditches we need to arrange maybe klinsmann needs to make breno ready and dangers lucio position and if he makes mistakes he should be replaced by breno who is by far the best prospect for a defender in the world.Bayern must play him.As fullbacks we have really two good fullbacks with altintop and lahm in both positions.i think oddo could be good tooo in decisive games but he is not the best player in that position :wink:

With klose toni poldi and donovan i feel sorry for any team who have to play against these wonderclass strike force maybe a hat-rick by donovan against sporting woud be a flying prospect for tha american.

And if we have to say to rensing i think he has a good mentor with butt whom once he played in the cl final if i remember well and lost to a magnificient goal by the greatest player of all time zinedine zidane.So lets hope!!!!!!!
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Yes, we can do it! Our GK is getting better and better. BUT- we have one of the best LEFT sides in the world and CL!! Lahm, Ze, Ribery, magical triangle! BUT, our right side is much weaker! We need to sign Rafinha/Beck[TSG], to improve right side.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:17 pm

tigercup wrote:With Ribery anything can happen and iguess he is our talisman of winnig the CL.

One player cant win championships for you
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:56 pm

shwas55 wrote:
tigercup wrote:With Ribery anything can happen and iguess he is our talisman of winnig the CL.

One player cant win championships for you

It was already proven with Maradona and the 1986 World Cup. Sure he cheated against England but the Argentine team was not good except for him. He took that team to the finals. Without him I dont think they would have made it past the round of 16. Now Im not saying Ribery is Maradona. But Im saying it could be done in the right circumstances. If it was done in the World Cup it certainly can be done in the CL. Plus I like Ribery more because hes not a cheat!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm not getting my hopes up, I thought we were indestructible back in '05 with Makaay, Ballack, and co. and Chelsea brought me back to earth. I just want to beat Sporting right now, we'll see what happens after that. This team has the talent to beat anyone, but then so do all the other teams. If we get through, we'll have a much better idea of our chances when the next draw happens. But for now, I just want to see us get there, then we'll see.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:14 pm

u cant never be sure in CL everyone can win anyone so cool down a bit
we gotta need a lot of luck sure we have a class but i think behind 70% of class there is like 30% of luck (injuries,form and after all drafting ... )
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tigercup » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:04 pm

Are you serious???????????????
I really think if you have a class player you could win anything
Man utd won the cL with ronaldo only there main point
Barcelona with Messi and Eto
Milan with Kaka (and some really lucky performances when playing with inzaghi)
All of these teams won cl with one or two or three players and bayern have Ribery Toni Klose and Ze roberto what you want more????????????
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:06 am

No one says that Ribery will win CL! BAYERN can win CL! Ribery can be our leader. Not the man who can win CL alone :D

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:10 pm

:lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:06 pm

tigercup wrote:Are you serious???????????????
I really think if you have a class player you could win anything
Man utd won the cL with ronaldo only there main point
Barcelona with Messi and Eto
All of these teams won cl with one or two or three players and bayern have Ribery Toni Klose and Ze roberto what you want more????????????

but then our defense...

The teams u mentioned have other players too that helped them a LOT. Think of Gatusso and especcially Seedorf with Milan.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:59 pm

SilentStrike wrote:The teams u mentioned have other players too that helped them a LOT. Think of Gatusso and especcially Seedorf with Milan.

I know that you are from Nedherlands, BUT Seedorf was worse than Pirlo or Gattuso. Gattuso deserved to fight for Ballon d`Or that year, he was brilliant :@ I hate people who can`t see talent of defensive minded players. Without Gattuso Milan wasn`t even on that final. Did you saw HOW Gattuso owned CR?

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm

i've seen that, but remember seedorf knocking us out, and then against manchester.. WOW, he really was awesome there. In the final he was invisible but he was vital for milan to even get there.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League