You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Barcelona will win
32%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
32%

Total votes : 37

[2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:15 pm

We got Barcelona, but at least the second match will be at home. If we make it we will play Chelsea or Liverpool in the semis.

I cant believe the two weakest teams Villarreal and Arsenal playing each other.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2009-04-08] Barcelona Vs Bayern

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Seems like we got the short end of the stick. Meeting what's probably the best team with our top striker out. This is the first real Klinsmann (and this season's squad) test. I'm only hoping we don't get humiliated.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm only hoping we don't get humiliated.

That's not gonna happen. The character of the squad is too strong for that. It's gonna be 2 great offensive matches to watch for a neutral viewer. You have some great duels to look forward - Lahm vs. Messi , Alves vs. Ribery.

This is probably gonna be the first game this season in which we're not gonna be considered favorites. I look forward to some great football and may the better team of the 2 FCB's win ! :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:24 pm

indeed, lahmn vs messi and ribery vs alves is cool.

but xavi vs van bommel and our right vs their left = pwnage.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 pm

best draw ever:D

I think they are more afraid than we are!

Noone wants to get drawn against Germans...thats a fact!...They had a lot of problem against Werder Bremen.

I think they shown their strenght in La Liga who we all know it's not that good anymore...only two teams barca and real madrid are good...others are noting special

I hope for good match in Barcelona...so we dont loose 2-0 or 3-0
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:07 pm

I love Bayern with everything I have, but I cant see us getting through this one. Not with the defense the way it has been lately. IF the same Bayern that beat Lisbon 5-0, and 7-1 turns up, we have a chance, and I certainly hope we win, haha.

It should be a good match from a neutral perspective, but I think its gonna be pretty stressful for me. All the best to the team though, I have hope.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernJ » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah!! Awesome game!! I´ll can´t wait! Sad that Klose is injured, but i think we have change to without him too. SUPER!!!!!! :D
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Snyde » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:15 pm

I wouldn't say we are more scared. I think most cules underestimate Bayern. Though I'm more wary than them since I know about your team a bit more and well, your manager is more experienced esp. in cup football. I would admit that would "Ze Germans" cause us problems. I can't remember when we last won against Bayern?

On Lahm, well I can't honestly say, I mean yes, he probably is the best left back (could be between him & Evra IMO) but he is prone to attacking alot (like Alves, who is the best right back) so can be caught out. BTW is that good defensively? He didn't look so in the Euros and quite a few people said he couldn't defend.

How would you rate your CBs? For us, we are likely to suffer because of your forwards' heading abilities as we are aerially non-existant. Henry and possibly Iniesta will cause you troubles. Hopefully the ball will be given on the left as much as on the right. (A mistake we usually suffer from as a result of Messi being there)

Our best XI would be:

---Henry---Eto'o---Messi--A
------Iniesta-----Xavi------L
-----------Yaya-------------V
Abidal--Marquez--Puyol---E
----------Valdes------------S

Where if Abidal and Puyol haven't recovered (which they should have) they'll be replaced by Sylvinho (or maybe Caceres) and Pique. That could make our defense more suspect. Further Yaya might be replaced by Busquets whereas Iniesta by Keita or Gudjohnsen. Also Iniesta might play instead of Henry on the LW though I doubt that'll happen. That would be the expected line-ups barring injuries.

So all in all a pretty strong squad. What would be your best XI (overall) and your expected line-up (considering presently known injuries)? I hope we have spectacular attacking football in both legs.
Snyde
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Man to man marking with every player and we can win this. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby KieranD » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:27 pm

That draw has to be a set up look who man u got and look who we get! Realistically barca are favourites but i wouldnt write us out yet, come on look whos left we could easily take those english! this is our best chance yet to take the CL home!

We have a strong defence lucio is our best defender and takes one for the team far to often than hes asked, ribery is a player who can change games, schweni is another player who when he performs does some of the best crosses and balls ive ever seen! old ze roberto is still doing well, van bommel is actually fitting into the team more and more this season doing nice passes and holding the ball, the whole team goes forward now as a unit/we defend as a unit, toni is excellent with his head which barca HATE :D even tho podolski is leaving he is doing well and scoring

we will miss klose tho he was the main man in the attack and strike force, hopefully we can prove we dont need to rely on him and we will actually do better since we are a man down and need to push that little extra

barca have had some bad games with late goals we can worry them into this i think

they have a better technical midfield but we have a better defence than them and i think we can pressure their defence

i think we have a good chance we just have to take it otherwise it will be a demolition job by barca
KieranD
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby walter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!! We had to draw the strongest team in the competition...

Mouthwatering match. If we beat them that is almost as good as winning the whole thing. Lahm will have to focus on defense and hopefully our CDMs will be up to the task. We need Toni in good form more than ever...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby walter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:30 pm

mackoy wrote:Man to man marking with every player and we can win this. :P

Should we use a libero too? :D
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:44 pm

This is the draw I wanted, so I'm glad it's come! Obviously I'm pleased that the return is at Allianz as well, that could be crucial. We may lose at the Camp Nou, however I'm confident that we can get an away goal or two, so if our defense shows up it could be a pleasant evening of football. More likely, however, is that it will be a knock-down drag-out fight to the finish, with a lot of goals. Although, since that's everyone's expectation, I'm sure in the end it will be 0-0 with Bayern winning on penalties! :lol: But seriously, I can't wait. There's nothing to be afraid of. If we lose, nothing happens, everyone will say "I told you so" and that will be it. But if we win...look out!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby KieranD » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:49 pm

i dont doubt the team at all i mean i always thought bayern were good i mean if we get beat but perform good i can take that but if we roll over and take a hammering :evil:

we have a good chance we just need to be on top form that night, hope barca come a little under form that night and we are sorted, we need to defend well i think that will be key! barca defence isnt that good i mean puyol is good but alves and that are way to attacking, lahm has the quality to defend well hope he just shows it on the night

we didnt even expect to be in with a chance of winning it this season, i mean the goal was to set ourself up for next season to have a crack at the CL, all i want is to get far and win the bundesliga but to be in this position is even better i mean this time we could win it after barca it looks easy
Last edited by KieranD on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KieranD
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:54 pm

walter wrote:
mackoy wrote:Man to man marking with every player and we can win this. :P

Should we use a libero too? :D

We can use Rensing as a libero :!: :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League