You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Barcelona will win
32%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
32%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby r4min77 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:39 am

If we had conceded only 3 goals, we would have been able to have a chance. 4 goals margin is just damn way too much :( Anyway, let's just be optimstic this time. We ain't got nothing to lose.
r4min77
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Personally, I am sure we're out, although like I already said I'm still dreaming of going through. But, let's just win at least, even if it's by a 1 goal margin.

For Klinsmann, he'd better do his best and make sure the players do their best. It's his best chance to avoid the sack. Eliminate Barcelona. Too bad it won't happen (for him).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:21 pm

yea, klinsi's only saviour is if we go through in CL.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby lacoweb » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Yeap Klinsi is good coach and my opinion is: bayern will win 4:0 hehehe, and the game finish in penallty shoot and bayern will win...
lacoweb
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:18 pm

lacoweb wrote:Yeap Klinsi is good coach and my opinion is: bayern will win 4:0 hehehe, and the game finish in penallty shoot and bayern will win...

lol you are way too optimistic .
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby elcalifornio » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:34 pm

I would be happy with a fighting effort. Even though the team gave a joke of a performance there is also the reality that Barca are in a different dimension than the Van Bommels, Lells and Schweini's. It just cant get any worse than in barcelona. Sosa should play for Schweini on the right and Ze for Lahm if he still cant play. I won't even comment on the Butt/Rensing thing :roll: . No Poldi, Borowski, or Altintop please.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby BayernRtheBest » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:51 pm

i bet u were either going to get destroyed once more. Or Barcelona will be lenient and generous towards our devastation this couple of weeks, and just to maintain a powerful relationship perhaps they would let us win by 1 or 2 goals. I swear to god if we get through this stage and actually beat Barca i'll die of overjoy. But thats just way to far fetched. I just hope we can do to Barca what they did to us.
BayernRtheBest

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:49 am

I cant tell what will happen this time. Klinsi has an excuse already: "there was no way back so losing doesnt matter", and the players arent very motivated unless we get an early goal. So a thrashin result against us is likely but maybe Barca feel sorry for us and leave it at a 3-0 vitory.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Snyde » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Considering who all we played on Saturday we can estimate a line-up:
Gleb (Henry?), Eto'o, Pedro;
Yaya, Xavi, Kieta;
Sylvinho (Cacares), Pique, Puyol, Alves;

+A fit Abidal might rest Sylvinho and perhaps defense may look like this: Abidal, Cacares, Pique, Puyol; Hence resting Alves.

Mentality: An away goal would mean Bayern would need 6 to win. Absorb early pressure and try to punish. An early away goal will end the tie and we can relax the rest of the match.

Main aim: Defend the hell out of this game. Xavi and others must try possessional defending first otherwise pressure + 9-8 men behind the ball. Hit on the counter. Forwards MUST defend from the front.

Subs: Pinto (GK)| Messi, Iniesta, Henry/Alves {offensive subs}| Busquets, Guddy, Sylvinho/Caceres{defensive subs}

Sub strategy: Begin offensive subs if down 2-0. Begin defensive subs from min 67 if less than 2 goals deficit or got an away goal.

Hopefully that's what Pep will do though I think I got the starting line-up right. I believe the players have arrived in Munich.

I know you guys are still suffering but I must say that a hand should go towards our boys for the second half performance since it's hard not to punish the opponent in Europe since there is always a danger in the second leg. We could've chosen any scoreline we wanted but chose to instead maintain good relations and a healthy match atmosphere. (which might have beome too physical, ugly if we scored a couple more)
Snyde
Getting the hang of it

Postby slyk » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:55 am

slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League