You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Barcelona will win
32%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
32%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby shileno » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:16 pm

----------------------Addler/Butt--------------------------
Torosidis/Beck---Lucio---Van Buyten/Micho---Lahm
-----------------------Tymoschuk------------------------
Sosa/Altintop-----------------------------Schweni------
-------------------------Ribery----------------------------
-------------Klose-------------------Ibisevic/Olic-------

Maybe instead Sosa/Altintop we can get someone else. If Ribery leaves (Which I'm 70% sure he will go) we definitely need another top class "engine" player, hope he stays though :(

I wish we could get Alexis Sanchez from Udinese before ManU (just kidding :mrgreen:)
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Zapatista » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm

are you joking?

van buyten is good enough for first 11 ?
schweini is dumb an lazy
ibisevic(i'm bosnian) is not good enough, sosa also

imagine this players at any other top team in CL !

guys we need players that can compare with players at those teams
Zapatista
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:44 am

only hope that this will give the backroom staff a massive kick up the arse that they need, we are NOT one of the strongest teams in europe anymore, only one of the biggest NAMES, this team needs some serious tweeking and they need to dig out their wallets and make it happen, apart from Ribery, Ze, Lahm and Lucio I wouldnt be sad to see any of the current lot go. How are we gonna keep Ribs here if Barca come in for him, he's not gonna want to stay here when he can go to a team who can actually win somethin in europe.

Rensing: Good keeper, think we shud be keeping him but get a better back up
Oddo: Shite, past it, send back asap
Micho: One of best CD's in the world, but still not sure if he's any better than VB
Lucio: Our 2nd best defender, can be brilliant but is getting slower
Lahm: Best full back in the world, should be kept no doubt

Schweini: Frustrating player, can be brilliant but doesnt show it enough, not sure if we shoudl keep him or not
Ze: Should def be kept, still one of our most attack minded players at 34
MVB: not good enough anymore, can be great in controlling a game but too unpredictable and again gettin slower in reading teh game
Ribery: Our best player but I think we need to be looking at alternatives, wont be able to keep hold of him after this result.

Klose: Can change a game and still deadly, world class striker on his day, past his best now and is becomming injury prone
Toni: No doubt a world class striker but not the player we need, need a player with more pace who can run at defenders

fringe players
----------------

Altintop: When fully fit should be in the starting 11 imo
Borowski: Can change the game, often does when he comes on and should be playing more
Lell: shouldnt be allowed near the first 11, amazing to think we have players like this at bayern, not good enough
Ottl: See Lell
Poldi: When fit should be in the starting 11
Kroos: clearly has talent, not yet ready for starting 11 but def 1 for future
Breno: See kroos
Butt: not good enough for BAYERN MUNICH
Sosa: still think he could make it here, needs to be given time
Van Buyton: Should be in the starting 11 for his no nonsence style of play, good defender
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby superstar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:40 pm

As a Bayern fan I was shocked at the performance although to be fair Barcelona are the best team in Europe at the moment and will probably go on to win the competition. If you saw the Liverpool and Chelsea match Liverpool lost and were outclassed by Chelsea but weren't played off the field like Bayern were. It was embarrassing and like Beckenbauer said - like watching beginners football. If Bayern lose to Frankfurt this weekend I think Klinsi will be shown the door.

Coming on top of the defeat to Wolfsburg the scenario is troubling. I'm a Klinsmann fan but what we are seeing is not good enough.

Note that I think it was unacceptable that Van Buyten was given leave - I don't care what's going on with his family - players like him have to be around when big matches like this come along. That's the whole point of paying big euros for players so they can be around for matches like this - a bad decision by Klinsmann.

Another thing that annoys me is that when it became clear that the up front stikers Toni etc weren't going to score why didn't Jurgen bring on Podolski i.e. make a change in the strike force? It was obvious by 70 minutes that they were not going to score - it was time to make a change up front.

What do you guys think?
superstar
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Rensing: Good keeper, think we shud be keeping him but get a better back up

Butt: not good enough for BAYERN MUNICH

:lol: I think you should swap the descriptions :!:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Top 25 clubs: (€, 000,000's)

1 Manchester United 1,423
2 Real Madrid 1,030
3 Arsenal 913
4 Bayern Munich 845
5 Liverpool 768
6 Milan 753
7 Barcelona 730
8 Chelsea 609
9 Juventus 457
10 Schalke 04 388
11 Tottenham Hotspur 339
12 Olympique Lyonnais 322
13 Roma 290
14 Inter Milan 281
15 Hamburg 251
16 Borussia Dortmund 247
17 Manchester City 236
18 Werder Bremen 222
19 Newcastle United 217
20 Stuttgart 201
21 Aston Villa 183
21 Olympique de Marseille183
23 Celtic 166
24 Everton 158
25 Rangers 148

This was on goal.com. I dont know if its true, but if we're worth that much, we should have a team to match our financial firepower. Who agrees with me?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... d-of-real-
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Matakos » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Top 25 clubs: (€, 000,000's)

1 Manchester United 1,423
2 Real Madrid 1,030
3 Arsenal 913
4 Bayern Munich 845
5 Liverpool 768
6 Milan 753
7 Barcelona 730
8 Chelsea 609
9 Juventus 457
10 Schalke 04 388
11 Tottenham Hotspur 339
12 Olympique Lyonnais 322
13 Roma 290
14 Inter Milan 281
15 Hamburg 251
16 Borussia Dortmund 247
17 Manchester City 236
18 Werder Bremen 222
19 Newcastle United 217
20 Stuttgart 201
21 Aston Villa 183
21 Olympique de Marseille183
23 Celtic 166
24 Everton 158
25 Rangers 148

This was on goal.com. I dont know if its true, but if we're worth that much, we should have a team to match our financial firepower. Who agrees with me?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... d-of-real-

Of course we should.Thank the board(a bunch of money collectors) for the state we are in....
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby shileno » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Zapatista wrote:are you joking?

van buyten is good enough for first 11 ?
schweini is dumb an lazy
ibisevic(i'm bosnian) is not good enough, sosa also

imagine this players at any other top team in CL !

guys we need players that can compare with players at those teams

All of them are good enough, we need a better coach and different formation. For example, see Porto, they doesn't have a team full of stars and yet they owned ManU and I would like a lot to see them on the final. Or even the same ManU, they don't have a team full of top class players (only about 3, maybe 4) but they have a great coach. I'm sure we don't want Bayern to be like Real Madrid :roll:

Van Buyten is a good defendert, he deserve to be in the first 11 (And for me, he's better than Micho). Maybe Ibivisevic is not the best choice but we need a young, fast and good striker (Olic doesn't convince me). Sosa and Schweni are good enough also, I was really impressed when I saw Sosa on the right and Schweni on the left against Hannover, both played great and they proved that can make it even better.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCB_Maestro » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:55 am

Hello friends. What is Bayern´s expected lineup for the 2nd leg match ?
FC Barcelona Representitive
FCB_Maestro
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:39 am

FCB_Maestro wrote:Hello friends. What is Bayern´s expected lineup for the 2nd leg match ?

Does it matters any more? .... :(
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:58 pm

superstar wrote:Another thing that annoys me is that when it became clear that the up front stikers Toni etc weren't going to score why didn't Jurgen bring on Podolski i.e. make a change in the strike force? It was obvious by 70 minutes that they were not going to score - it was time to make a change up front.

What do you guys think?

I kept expecting Podolski to come in. Actually, I was surprised that Klinsi played Toni over Podolski. Toni has been playing bad recently (with the exception of the game agaisnt Frankfurt) while Podolski is a good player (I've always been a fan of his) and he can play well in midfield (as we saw in EURO 2008), which would be good to help defend against Barca.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:05 pm

walter wrote:
FCB_Maestro wrote:Hello friends. What is Bayern´s expected lineup for the 2nd leg match ?

Does it matters any more? .... :(

Probably not, but I'm still dreaming of that 4-0 win. :lol:

About the lineup, Lahm and Van Buyten will be back, so our defence should be good this time. I think we'll be seeing something similar to our lineup against Frankfurt.

--------------------------Butt/Rensing, probably Butt-------------------------
---Lell/Oddo-------------Lucio-----------Van Buyten----------------Lahm----
---------------------------------Van Bommel/Ze--------------------------------
---Sosa------------------------------Ribery------------------------Schwieni---
-------------------------Podolski-----------------Toni--------------------------

Sosa is doubtful, but the rest can be expected. If Sosa doesn't play, Schwieni moves back right, Ribery takes Schwieni's place, and Ze plays behind Toni and Poldi. I think we'll opt for the above lineup though, since we desperately need to score goals.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shileno » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:42 pm

^ Good formation, hope we use that one. Sosa and Schweni on that positions can make a lot of goal chances, along with Ribery on the center.

We can always dream [-o<
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:25 pm

shileno wrote:^ Good formation, hope we use that one. Sosa and Schweni on that positions can make a lot of goal chances, along with Ribery on the center.

We can always dream [-o<

And a dream it will remain. :wink:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby shileno » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:07 am

mackoy wrote:And a dream it will remain. :wink:

Sad but true :cry:
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League