You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Barcelona will win
32%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
32%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2009-04-08] Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby thulkazal » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:22 pm

well after 1st half I stoped to watch game

For me last night ribery never wanted it.He was so whatever lose or win.He gonna quit,HOPE I JUST HOPE that MOFO GERMAN ULI realise that and bag some money get marin as replacement and GIVE Jurgen position of manager and he can gtfo in board or where ever he wanna.

Goalkeepers : ok I cant blame Butt for last night but if we wanna top 4 fight,we gonna need a better goalkeeper coz Rensing sux and Butt is just there to fill slot but he cant be our 1st choice.

Defence : Well Lell or better to say LoLL that guy always was avrg and gonna stay forever avrg.Demichelis out of form anyway thou if he was in form he couldnt to anything vs that barca middle assist.Breno need time quess or he gonna be our big FLOP!!And get a RB Oddo got owned last night vs Henry gg and his defend skills xDDDDDDDDD

Middle : I never thou that Bommel can stop anyone.He isnt the DM!!!!He cant tackle.He dont have inteligence for DM,he cant close the enemy team,he cant move to stop opponent.He can only send long ball and my hat down he doing that well.
About Bastian well he got new contract,he can stop giving good games.Ze Roberto quess that guy was only pure and always gonna be he is loyal and always fighting till end if someone would ask me I would get him as cpt (or lahm ofc).

Strikers : TONI TONIIIIIIIIIIII TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GOAAAAAAAAAAAAL after all midd do for him from 5 times 1 goal he isnt deadly he sux rofl I had that thinking last year and he keeped my mouth shutted up after he scored a lot goals(when others do that for him).

I just hope Lahm wont quit for rest I DONT GIVE A FUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I wonder does our team make some improvement in shooting,tactical position,tackling,heading or w/e.Does they train,does they improve their skills at all ?!?!?!?WTF Jurgen doing with them in training T_T or they just get fukin fitness and nothing else.You can't say that Bayern youth school OWN.Lahm maded it up with VfB and he isnt "our player" and he is worldclass.For Bastian dont just say he is worldclass ...Bayern buy a wonderkid he get ruined T_T tnx god we loaned Kroos

Anyway I cant forgive coz we didnt had Full team,all players away from injury so we could lose with same result and then they wouldnt have excuse "Oh we was missing 4 first team players"
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:07 pm

First of all I’d like to say that this was obviously a very sad day for any Bayern fan all over the world , but I’m a supporter for quite some years now and this defeat – or any other harsh defeat for that matter – won’t make my love for this club fade. No matter what happens ! 5-1 in Wolfsburg , 4-0 in Barcelona … this was probably one of the darkest weeks in the long history of this club.

As for the match itself , the writing was on the wall really. Lahm + Lucio out , there was no way we were gonna replace our 2 most important defenders without a loss of quality. Our bench just isn’t strong enough for that. We were outplayed in every aspect of the game , the first half was a lesson for our players – defensively and offensively. Barca deserved the win 100 % and I don’t really see anyone beating them in this year’s CL.

The thing is that everyone on here hopes this season and its transfer policy will be an “eye-opener” for the board. I ask you my friends shouldn’t have the season 2 years ago been an “eye-opener” for them already , when we finished 4th ? Do we need to play badly and finish the season without a title so the guys up there in their offices realize something has to be done ? The talk 2 years ago was that the money was gonna be spend in quality and not quantity , and at least one top-quality player was gonna be signed every year . The year after we add Borowski to our squad who’s been out of form for 2 years now and never represented a quality improvement for the team , even though he scored a couple of goals by getting lucky and being at the right place in the right time in a couple of occasions. The other player we get is a “burned out” 32-year old Italian RB who is clearly past his best and Milan were lucky to find a club to offload him to. They labeled Rensing as the legitimate Kahn-successor , which wasn’t a mistake I’d say. They tried it out with him , but the season so far has shown that he doesn’t possess the quality to be the undisputed #1 at a club of the standards Bayern has and it didn’t work out , let’s see if they’ll stick with him next season , I doubt it. Klinsmann putting Butt in goal for the Barca match only rounds up the whole thing.

So yea , instead of getting a DM , that was desperately needed , or a real ROM , the chiefs decide to get yet another CM , and give him a huge contract he probably wouldn’t have gotten anywhere else. Can you guys imagine that Ribery only makes around 1 million a year more than Borowski ?! With deals like that you get 150 million personnel costs a year , but you still don’t have a squad that’s gonna be competitive , let alone superior at the highest level.

After the Jansen departure , they get a RB , but they leave it at that and don’t get a proper back-up for Lahm on the left. That negligent transfer-policy came back to haunt us against Barca. Lell had to defend out of position in the back-four against the best player in the world at the moment.

In attack we stick with 3 strikers only. Maybe the board was actually ruling out the possibility of players getting injured during a season and considered them robots. Long Klose injury + no useful striker to replace him = Bayern a lot more predictable and harmless.

As for our coach , I don’t think he should be the only one blamed for the misery at the moment. The board clearly made huge mistakes when planning the squad for this year , and the players simply don’t look motivated , fired up , haven’t performed to their full potential and have been lacking consistency , which is the most important thing for a successful season. Still it is partially his fault. When you take over a team that broke the record for the least conceded goals in one season ever , and you turn it into a defense that looks helpless , lacks concentration and makes loads of mistakes you can’t expect your work not to be questioned. Attractive football won’t take you anywhere , if you sacrifice your defense for it , and switching Ze to a more offensive role in midfield without having a proper #6 behind him to cover up the space , never proved out to be a good idea. Especially when your LOM is named Franck Ribery and does as much work defensively as one of your strikers. Tactically the team hasn’t made a single step forward , much rather it has been regressing in the tactical development. I can’t even count the number of times in which the players were just running forward like wild animals , and letting the opponent hit them on the counter , by outplaying the whole defense with one simple pass. What has also happened several times , was Bayern being ahead by a 2-goal margin but at the end only getting a draw out of the match (Monchengladbach , Bochum , Hamburg etc.). Making van Bommel captain was a mistake as well , he should have taken more time to think about it before making that hasty decision. I think Klinsmann himself would do several things differently if he would have the chance to start all over again. The change of the system at the beginning of the season , the change of the training methods , the change of the style of play. Guess he overdid it with all of the “change”-mentality and it went wrong. I doubt he’s gonna be our coach next season. Due to the lack of options I think we're gonna be sticking with him until the end of this year though.

Nobody is asking for 22 STARS in the squad , what I (and probably most of the other Bayern fans as well) ask for are quality players with personality who are willing to give it all for the club. The salary that is given to Borowski – a totally unneeded player in the squad – could have been separated , and one part of it could have been given to a back-up for Lahm , the other part could have been used to pay a decent 4th striker that’s able to come in whenever and at least try to make a difference. Even a 15 year-old kid playing FM knows that you are supposed to have one decent back-up for any position. Instead of doing that the board get CM number 5 into the squad. Wrong is the only word that comes to my mind when thinking about the way this squad was build.

There are also no leaders in the squad. No one that takes a firm stand and that is a role model for the other guys on the pitch. MvB has the personality but he doesn’t have the footballing qualities to be accepted as “the one to follow”. Kahn’s departure left a vacuum in the team’s hierarchy that no one’s been able to fill out properly yet.

The result of all these factors coming together is our season so far. All we can hope for now , is that they pull themselves together and achieve at least a CL spot in the BL , which is gonna be hard enough. Personally I am very disappointed but I’m gonna continue to support this team through the good and the bad times !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 pm

This match made my mind clear! Players who should leave- Butt,Oddo,Lell,Sosa,Altintop,MvB,Borowski,Toni,Podolski. Players who should come- Adler/Mandanda, Torosidis, Rafinha[yes, BOTH for depth], backup for Lahm, Hleb[or some other FAST RWM],Gourcuff/Van der Vaart, Džeko/Ibisevič and Negredo/Pazzini and done transfers- Tymo, Olič, Baumjohann.

This means- 1 Goalkeeper, 3 wingbacks, 1 winger, 1 CAM/playmaker, 2 strikers and Tymo, Olič, Baumjohann. I mean- Rensing should be a backup keeper. This is how our squad should look in next season-
-----------------------------------------------------------Adler/Rensing-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----Torosidis/Rafinha----------Lucio/Breno----------------Van Buyten/Demichelis----------Lahm/His backup-------
----------------------------------------------------------------Tymo/Ottl-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--Hleb/Schweini-----------------------------------------Gourcuff or VDV/ZE----------------------------Ribery/Baumjohann----
--------------------------------------------KLOSE/Negredo or Pazzini -----------------Džeko or Ibisevič/Miller or Negredo/Pazzini-------

This wouldn't come cheap, but this would consider us again as a serious CL contenders!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:45 pm

I think we should switch to 4-3-3 next season. Barca uses a very effective play that Bayern could possibly adapt (Ribery sometimes will do it), the play is pretty much your "pick n' roll" basketball play. One of the wingers will run horizontally on the field shaking of the defender marking him and also dragging one of the CB or fullbacks out of position, at the moment he will send a through ball to the open player (who has to coordinate a run). I think 3 of the 4 Barca goals came from that play and also many of the other danger situations they created. To perform this play it is absolutely necessary to have fast wingers, like Ribery. Ribery actually will do that play but he can do it more often if he was playing without much defensive responsibilities.
I think the team could do it next year with this lineup:

RIbery/Olic ---------------------------------------- Klose/Toni------------------------RIbery/Muller/New player (e.g. Obasi)

Schweini/Kroos/New player (e.g. Trochowski)-------Tymoschuk/New player (e.g. Rolfes)-----Altintop/Sosa/Schweini

Lahm------------------------------------------------Lucio---------Breno/Micho/VB-----------New player (Rafinha/Beck)

-------------------------------------------------------------New Goallie (e.g. Adler)
Last edited by walter on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tomas » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Bayern are missing a spine at the moment. Gone are the days of Kahn, effenberg and Lizarazu. These were the types of players that stood up when the team was down. I cant see any of those types of players in this current bayern team to be honest, players who give everything they have in order to win, van bommel shows the same spirit, but hes just not good enough. Bayern need a player like Gerrard for Liverpool, how many times has he rescued them in times when it looked as though a Liverpool loss was the only result? His loyalty to the club and ability to inspire the players around him are the qualities Bayern need.

Having said that, we also need to spend up big, money is only good if it brings results, and right now it isnt.
Ill be a bayern fan through thick and thin, but games like the one this morning make me cry. Lahm and Bastian need to step up and become the next leaders, the ones who never give up and who take pain killing injections to get through any game in which they're needed. Heart and courage are sometimes far more valuable to a team than silky skills, and at times against barca, bayern look absolutely demoralized.

I couldnt agree more. I think we all know Lahm, Schweini and MvB (which I really dont like) all are 100% commited to Bayern... but like you said, we need someone that we could put in "Gerard's" position. Nothing brings a team back to life quicker than a goal. I know defense wins big matches but offense brings life back through a dark and bleak outlook... and this is what Gerard does time and time again. We need to find either an attacking mid, wing or striker that can find a way to score when it looks impossible... like yesterday.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Tomas wrote: We need to find either an attacking mid, wing or striker that can find a way to score when it looks impossible... like yesterday.

maybe

1) Thomas Hitzlsperger: (who can score with long range missiles) , he is a very dangerous player when playing in an advanced role (and he is very good defensively)

2) Marko Marin: creats chances out of nothing, can set up goals and score some himself, although can we afford to have 2 players in the side that know nothing about defending? ( i mean Ribery and Marin)
Last edited by shwas55 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby kist160 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Rate players' output in game versus Barcelona
[url]http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches/FC-Barcelona-vs-Bayern-München-04082009-3307.aspx[/url]
kist160
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:18 pm

We should get Marin and give him first team roll.
If board dont wanna Bastian lose spot then move him to CM and play Marin on right as WINGER not ROM same goes for Ribery.So we get formation 4-3-3 that would be nice as I readed up and ASAP get RB maybe Beck hoffenhaim.
For Tymo replace I cant count on Bommel so I say get Rolfes.

Anyway I wonder what would our old leaders do on pitch if we get like that trashed.I saw Bommel screaming,telling something defence(Demichelis and Lell) but they didnt give a fuk about him xD
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby raz25 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:29 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:This match made my mind clear! Players who should leave- Butt,Oddo,Lell,Sosa,Altintop,MvB,Borowski,Toni,Podolski. Players who should come- Adler/Mandanda, Torosidis, Rafinha[yes, BOTH for depth], backup for Lahm, Hleb[or some other FAST RWM],Gourcuff/Van der Vaart, Džeko/Ibisevič and Negredo/Pazzini and done transfers- Tymo, Olič, Baumjohann.

This means- 1 Goalkeeper, 3 wingbacks, 1 winger, 1 CAM/playmaker, 2 strikers and Tymo, Olič, Baumjohann. I mean- Rensing should be a backup keeper. This is how our squad should look in next season-
-----------------------------------------------------------Adler/Rensing-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----Torosidis/Rafinha----------Lucio/Breno----------------Van Buyten/Demichelis----------Lahm/His backup-------
----------------------------------------------------------------Tymo/Ottl-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--Hleb/Schweini-----------------------------------------Gourcuff or VDV/ZE----------------------------Ribery/Baumjohann----
--------------------------------------------KLOSE/Negredo or Pazzini -----------------Džeko or Ibisevič/Miller or Negredo/Pazzini-------

This wouldn't come cheap, but this would consider us again as a serious CL contenders!

Totally agree with you. There's only one thing that I'm not sure of: which are those teams that are interested in Butt, Lell, MVB ?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Sounds funny a bit but most of these players being brought up... sounds like we are going to turn Bayern into Die Nationalelf! lol
Hitzl does have a cannon and definitely can score from long range. Marin... I have always liked him.
This summer I hope we look for a quality GK, a quality RB, a quality sub for Lahm, replace Toni with a younger quality striker. Groom Müller as a sub/replacement for Klose. Start looking or Ribery's replacement. Offload Butt, Borowski, Ottl, Althintop and get replacements. Turn Rensing into #2 and not #1 GK. Then lets start replacing boardmembers!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:41 pm

I don't give a **** who leaves Bayern as long as Lahm stays here.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby thulkazal » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Tomas wrote:Then lets start replacing boardmembers!

well I quess they wont replace them self alone xD haha long process like 10-15 more years till Uli forever LEAVE Bayern.
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:07 pm

In the next season i would like a 4 - 3 - 3 formation.
I play manager games to much and probably this is not going to happen but i like thinking about this line up.

...........................Adler

Torosidis.......Lucio.........Van Buyten.........Lahm

...........................Tymoschuk

............Van Bommel.................Gourcuff

Marin..................................................Ribery

.........................Dzeko

Subs:Rensing , Beck , Demichelis , Breno , Bale , Ottl , Ze Roberto , Baumjohann , Altintop , Olic , Muller , Klose.

Coach: Martin Jol

It's pretty much like reinksrobis's idea with some small changes.
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Personally, this is my new dream team for Bayern (which is quite possible). My real dream team is obviously different (Gerrard, Messi.... need I say more) but it is HIGHLY unlikely that the board will buy a team like that.

--------------------------------------------------Adler------------------------------------------------
--Rafinha---------------Lucio---------------------------------van Buyten------------------Lahm--
---------------------------Tymoschuk-----------------------van Bommel---------------------------
--Schwienstiger-------------Ze/new player (I would like Giovinco from Juve)------------Ribery
-------------------------------------Klose/Ibisevic/Dzeko/Grafite-------------------------------------

or else

--------------------------------------------------Adler------------------------------------------------
--Rafinha---------------Lucio---------------------------------van Buyten------------------Lahm--
-------------------------------------Tymoschuk/van Bommel---------------------------------------
--Schwienstiger--------------------------Ze/new player------------------------------------Ribery
-----------------------------------Klose/Grafite---------Ibisevic/Dzeko-------------------------------
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm watching HSV-Manchester City match right now, I wish Olič was at Nou Camp yesterday, he is VERY fast and does much pressure on opponents defence. And he really is better than Toni!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League