You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-09-28] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:45 pm

Atlético Madrid will win
25%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win
63%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2016-09-28] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:06 am

I woke up this morning and I think I read the word Pep more than Carlo. Stop the comparison! If anything, Pep suffered a bigger embarrassment last night IMO.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby rthebest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:07 am

ottackon wrote:I don't want under any circumstances dig up the hatchet, but I note that last season against Atlético, only individual errors cost us the qualification, not the game system because we were the better team for the 180 minutes, but tonight there was no game plan, all we saw was the famous "U" hoping for a flash of genius. Ancelotti's Bayern will need time to rival the best teams.

just disagree with needing time, this is stepping backward.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby rthebest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:11 am

MUTU wrote:I woke up this morning and I think I read the word Pep more than Carlo. Stop the comparison! If anything, Pep suffered a bigger embarrassment last night IMO.

that was typical Pep's away performance. :) it seems that as soon as you say something about Mr. Carlo, the comparison comes up. I am guiltily of doing it myself even though promised not to do it.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Pelin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:12 am

We suffered vs Dortmund, we suffered vs Schalke, we suffered vs ingolstadt, vs Hamburg. We only didn't suffer vs H.Berlin just because they were missing some key players.

Carlo still didn't fix the debole points from Pep's era. since we need a strong midfield set up desperately.

Above all, we lacked ideas about how to attack with Carlo thanks to unclear roles in midfield set up as well and we became static and predictable. As much as l like Carlo, he needs to act now.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby rthebest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:15 am

JANCKER wrote:OK man... when the same things happened under Pep, you probably accused others of being Pep haters and negative, so... there's no point to argue.

we are not arguing just having a discussion. and I have never accused anyone of being a Pep hater. I believe hate is a strong word and it never should be used.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:17 am

rthebest wrote:
JANCKER wrote:OK man... when the same things happened under Pep, you probably accused others of being Pep haters and negative, so... there's no point to argue.

we are not arguing just having a discussion. and I have never accused anyone of being a Pep hater. I believe hate is a strong word and it never should be used.

So you hate the usage of the word hate?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:12 am

Pretty dissapointing performance but still is a group game, cool down! Maybe we can become better after this defeat, we can use this games as a wake up call to become stronger! If it was a knock out game, yes it would be catastrophic.

Even Lahm was sh!t yesterday, we had many star players underperforming, Thiago as always against physical sides, Vidal for the first time he runned like a headless chicken, Muller was so so bad that I can't find words etc
Atletico outplayed us and they won fair and square, we hardly found ourselves in a position to score. The only good ball to our striker Lewandowski was a cross from Alonso in the 2nd half, could I say anything else? Only Neuer stood up to his name!

I don't know the age of some users here but it seems that they are very young because I can't understand the impatience they have and why they need to compare a 3-year coach's job at Bayern to a 2-months job coach at Bayern, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:40 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:34 am

MUTU wrote:I woke up this morning and I think I read the word Pep more than Carlo. Stop the comparison! If anything, Pep suffered a bigger embarrassment last night IMO.

He didn't suffer any embarressment, he has a new team who aren't considered 'great' in European arena. He's said it over and over again that their job is to build that team to slowly become a consistent top 4 side eventually. What's important is the football played on the pitch. They may not be one of the best teams in Europe yet but I believe he will help them win a European trophy eventually by building a foundation for it for future, they're trying to build a young team playing good football.

Ever since Ancelotti took over, Bayern went from a very good team to a very average, boring team that I even switched to watching Dortmund game around 20th minute of Ingolstadt game because of how boring Bayern looked, knowing he'll just win the game with a few counterattacks like any other boring Italian teams of his era, which is what happened. Dortmund are more fun to watch nowadays.

Yesterday Bayern weren't only beaten but were soundly outplayed in every imaginable way and stat possible. Atletico players looked individually better than Bayern players, in tight spaces, they could've won the game 3-0 easily. I think they'll walk away with at least 1 point at the AA too. Ancelotti is a downgrade from Guardiola, this isn't just a deduction from the game last night. Jupp and Pep just played better football, were more satisfying to watch, whether they won or lost.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:47 am

rthebest wrote:again you went back to Pep. The fact that Bayern have not been as dominant as before , they are dependent on the old stars , and are playing bad football has nothing to do with Pep. I know you would say they are wining etc but do you really enjoy watching this team?

Contrarily, what Pep gave us - what even Heynckes lacked despite the treble - is the ability to win without Robbery and Schweinsteiger. And that's what has me worried most at the moment. Increasingly over the last couple of weeks we've seen both of Robbery making their way into many members' lineups, and I agree, we clearly need them. Just last August many were saying we shouldn't extend both. It's very worrying if we are suddenly unable to win without them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:49 am

rthebest wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ottackon wrote:Guardiola's Bayern never gave the impression of being outplayed by this hell of a team.
Now we're obviously the fourth best team in Europe, way behind Atléti and the other two spanish sides.

I feel it's too early to make such statements but tonight we were evidently the worse team. We'd probably have been better off playing against the other team from Madrid.

I disagree

we were outplayed by
- BVB in the supercup
- outplayed by Schalke
- by ingolstadt
- by Hamburger SV
- and definitely today

I missed the Ingolstadt and more than half of the Schalke games due to travelling. We were very bad vs BVB and I commented on that at the time, but it was a very early game. We certainly weren't at our best vs Hamburg, but we also weren't outplayed.

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 am

I am worried as well.
I think the day when Robbery + Lahm retire we will be surrendering our dominance; (both domestically and in Europe) for a good number of years.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 am

Just a thought... Maybe you should start tagging the US account instead. They tend to retweet a lot.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:39 am

fashiondesign_guru wrote:

He didn't suffer any embarressment, he has a new team who aren't considered 'great' in European arena. He's said it over and over again that their job is to build that team to slowly become a consistent top 4 side eventually. What's important is the football played on the pitch. They may not be one of the best teams in Europe yet but I believe he will help them win a European trophy eventually by building a foundation for it for future, they're trying to build a young team playing good football.

In my opinion he did. His former club Barcelona beat Celtic 7-0, and Man City needed to come back not once, not twice but three times in order to obtain a point. I saw some five minutes of the match and it was all Celtic... they could easily have scored 2 or 3 goals in those 5 minutes.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:42 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Just a thought... Maybe you should start tagging the US account instead. They tend to retweet a lot.

I'll keep that in mind, but they're probably sleeping right now anyway.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League