You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-04-27] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:45 pm

Atlético Madrid will win
13%
It will end in a draw
25%
Bayern Munich will win
63%

Total votes : 48

Re: [2016-04-27] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:56 pm

MoFattal wrote:
CaptainLahm21 wrote:im confused about people mentioning all the chances we had i dont remember anything but long shots and a tight angle for lewa where he wasnt going to realistically score we deserved to lose and are lucky torres didnt finish the tie with a genuine chance.

Well, I am also upset about many things from last night, but we did have many GOOD chances. I can recall the following:

1- Alaba's long range shot hitting the post (as you mentioned)
2- Lewa's tight angle shot (as you mentioned)
3- Vidal's long range shot saved by Oblak
4- Martinez clear header from a corner saved by Oblak
5- Costa's "ugly" lob from a precise Lahm long ball
6- Benatia's header in stoppage time
7- Vidal's mis-shot in stoppage time after Muller's set up

Anyone one of those, with a tiny bit of luck and/or precision, could have been an equalizer and more.

Wouldnt describe most of them as chances would have taken a ridiculous strike or header for most of them the only clear cut one there imo is martinezs header
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Jorge » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:14 pm

JANCKER wrote:We struggled most against Italian sides some time ago(mostly Milan)... not against the Spanish that much... no Spanish team ever won on German soil before 2014 against any opposition, not only Bayern(in the CL). Spain had an awful record playing Germans in Germany... things started to change after 2014.

Not necessarily true. Barcelona has a decent record on German soil throughout history (vs Bremen, Leverkusen, Stuttgart) You may be talking about Real Madrid that had won only once on German soil before it trashed Bayern in 2014: year 2000 at Leverkusen on the Group stage 2:3. The trend of bad results continued when it visited Wolfsburg this season.

I remember back in the 80's Real Madrid being trashed year after year on German soil by the likes of Kaiserslautern, Hamburger and Monchengladbach. Interesting enough, until our "Spanish Genius" gave us the negative record of losing against Real Madrid on German soil for the first time by a historical (and hysterical) spanking Real Madrid not only had never won in Munich against us, but also failed to beat our crosstown rivals TSV 1860 Munich in 1966.
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:27 pm

All those people bragging about our great and numerous chances... You saw Griezmann and Torres, didn't you? they were better than EVERYTHING we produced... EVERYTHING!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:38 pm

In the first 15 mins we couldn't cross the midfield...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:43 pm

#12 wrote:All those people bragging about our great and numerous chances... You saw Griezmann and Torres, didn't you? they were better than EVERYTHING we produced... EVERYTHING!

What do you mean by that (serious question)? Granted it was one absolutely dangerous chance which Torres almost finished, but they created nothing else.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:49 pm

I mean that we had NOTHING that came close to it... Yes, Alaba hit the bar, but he shot from Neuer's domain for crying out loud! We were unable to create a single clear shot... And Griezmann had one in the first half, about 5 mins after the 1-0... A little thrown off track by Javi in the last second which didn't let him finish clinically so Neuer could save it...
We had NO shot from inside the box... That Javi header was not very dangerous either...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:05 pm

#12 wrote:I mean that we had NOTHING that came close to it... Yes, Alaba hit the bar, but he shot from Neuer's domain for crying out loud! We were unable to create a single clear shot... And Griezmann had one in the first half, about 5 mins after the 1-0... A little thrown off track by Javi in the last second which didn't let him finish clinically so Neuer could save it...
We had NO shot from inside the box... That Javi header was not very dangerous either...

Well with the Griezmann and Javi one, credits to Javi no? Just like how their defense had been stopping our offense. If you're saying it's our fault that we didn't manage to score, then you can similarly say Griezmann is shit pretty much.

Torres' shot was equally as not dangerous as Javi's header. They didn't go in all the same, and you'd be saying something different if Javi had put that in. They're not better than us at creating chances.

I'm **** mad at Pep, Alonso, Bernat and Alaba that we conceded the goal because we should NEVER concede a goal like that, but I can't say too much else about our attack. The first 15 minutes killed the game. At the end of the day, Griezmann and Torres did nothing. The goal was uncalled for and should never be conceded and it made us look way worse than we were (not saying we were good). If we play 90 minutes in Munich the way we did for 75 minutes in Madrid, we'll score 2 and they'll score 0. Not saying that will happen, but don't be too negative because it's not doing anyone any good and it only stresses yourself out too.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Let's just overplay Muller so he can end up like MSN at barcelona and drop 11 points out of 12...

You guys are crazy. Muller started 6 games already in the month of April and yesterday would of been number 7.....

IF anything, Pep should of dropped Robert in place for Muller, but not played both muller +robert in the beginning.....The team has too much confusion imo. Bernat doesn't know what he's doing since he plays more like a rmf, alaba isn't a cb and alonso is immobile...

However, fairplay to Madrid. They pressed us extremely well in the beginning and had very good chances....
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Torres' shot was equally as not dangerous as Javi's header. They didn't go in all the same, and you'd be saying something different if Javi had put that in. They're not better than us at creating chances.

That was a corner... (funnily enough...)
And I didn't say they were neccessarily better at creating... They didn't have to, they have a perfect result, through after one game... What I said was that it's pure BS to claim we deserved a draw or we had like sooo many chances, when clearly they had better opportunities to score and we barely made Oblak move at all...
Your last paragraph is exactly it... It's the third **** time... (I saw only 40, not 70, and not good, but half-decent minutes, by the way...) I don't believe we still have to point that out here: You have to play for NINETY minutes... TWICE... In order to make it in this competition...
And I need this, it's my way to deal with yet another elimination... :P :mrgreen: #-o

National Flag:
Germany

[2016-04-27] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:14 pm

In a CL semifinal against the best defense in world football, with us all but mathematically secured the BL and qualified for the Pokal final, not playing both of Lewa and Muller is tactically a poor decision. One has to admit that. And if it were due to one or both them being tired, then it is due to poor squad management (unlikely case).
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:15 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Torres' shot was equally as not dangerous as Javi's header. They didn't go in all the same, and you'd be saying something different if Javi had put that in. They're not better than us at creating chances.

That was a corner... (funnily enough...)
And I didn't say they were neccessarily better at creating... They didn't have to, they have a perfect result, through after one game... What I said was that it's pure BS to claim we deserved a draw or we had like sooo many chances, when clearly they had better opportunities to score and we barely made Oblak move at all...
Your last paragraph is exactly it... It's the third **** time... (I saw only 40, not 70, and not good, but half-decent minutes, by the way...) I don't believe we still have to point that out here: You have to play for NINETY minutes... TWICE... In order to make it in this competition...
And I need this, it's my way to deal with yet another elimination... :P :mrgreen: #-o

I have to disagree that Oblak barely moved. First of all, we fired our successful shots relatively close to him, so that means chances were created, but not finished. Second, I counted he caught a shot 3 times, but that doesn't mean those weren't hard just because it didn't look pretty for the camera. It looked easy because Oblak had a tremendous game, and he must know it.

Oh, and you're winning in the cook-off. Maybe that'll get you better in a more positive manner...
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Jorge » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Alexi Lalas, Eric Wynalda and Thomas Hitzlsperger in the post game show were commenting that it gave the impression that based on how both teams left the field if someone asked Simeone if he could hold on to the 1:0 result for another 90 minutes he could shrug his shoulders and say: "sure, why not".

That's the impression that it gave, obviously the game in Munich could be a different story unless Atletico is presented with another sublime tactical change and we finish this era on the same note that we play Semifinals against Spanish teams.

BTW, going back to the debate that we had here a while back after Ottmar Hitzfeld critized Guardiola for not preserving Bayern identity and Pep hit back saying that on any given day "he fields more German players" than Hitzfeld started for his winning side in 2001 (4 germans), well Pep started with 2 Germans yesterday and 4 Spaniards.............and still lost. So I hope he redeems himself in the second leg.
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:18 pm

MoFattal wrote:In a CL semifinal against the best defense in world football, with us all but mathematically secured the BL and qualified for the Pokal final, not playing both of Lewa and Muller is tactically a poor decision. One has to admit that. And if it were due to one or both them being tired, then it is due to poor squad management (unlikely case).

Thing is that Coman has been injured, Robben's been out and Gotze is gotze, so pep has been forced to play muller, robert, ribery and costa a lot.

Looking at both champs league winners from Spain, both of them died out because everyone wanted MSN and BBC to start every game. Both were the top team the season after they won and both died out near the end.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:23 pm

MoFattal wrote:In a CL semifinal against the best defense in world football, with us all but mathematically secured the BL and qualified for the Pokal final, not playing both of Lewa and Muller is tactically a poor decision. One has to admit that. And if it were due to one or both them being tired, then it is due to poor squad management (unlikely case).

Well, with the usual downfall in the last third of the season, I think that claim is not too unlikely... Uli Köhler - who I hate - (SSNHD Germany reporter) said the same thing...

Dumbledore7 wrote:I have to disagree that Oblak barely moved. First of all, we fired our successful shots relatively close to him, so that means chances were created, but not finished. Second, I counted he caught a shot 3 times, but that doesn't mean those weren't hard just because it didn't look pretty for the camera. It looked easy because Oblak had a tremendous game, and he must know it.

Oh, and you're winning in the cook-off. Maybe that'll get you better in a more positive manner...

I'm really sorry, but I honestly can't see anything too special in that... Yes, he didn't suck, but if that was a great keeper game, then what the **** did Kahn do in Madrid 200?! :D

Also: of course I am, you're a wuss (no offense, you know, the usual trash talk :P :mrgreen: )
And if that's the precondition, I'd rather lose to be honest... :(

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:

Thing is that Coman has been injured, Robben's been out and Gotze is gotze, so pep has been forced to play muller, robert, ribery and costa a lot.

Looking at both champs league winners from Spain, both of them died out because everyone wanted MSN and BBC to start every game. Both were the top team the season after they won and both died out near the end.

Bullshit. Lewandowski and Costa played why shouldn't Müller (who has the most stamina) be played. Either him or Costa could have taken a nominal position in midfield instead of Thiago or Alonso. The decision was purely tactical, it was a poor one, and it's Pep's fault.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League