You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-04-27] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:45 pm

Atlético Madrid will win
13%
It will end in a draw
25%
Bayern Munich will win
63%

Total votes : 48

Re: [2016-04-27] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:21 am

Pep: Bayern have time [source]

“The first few minutes were worse than the last few. I’m happy with the performance. In the last 25 minutes of the first half and the entire second, we played very well. I’m not happy about the goal we conceded. It was a fantastic goal by Saul but we still have 90 minutes to recover,”

“We didn’t score? We have to think about the opponent we were playing against. We lacked a goal, they had Saul. It’s not an excuse. I’m not worried about not having scored. We played to score. We didn’t score, but we played to. They defend very well.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ottackon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:25 am

I can't see them not scoring a goal, and I can't see us scoring more than 2 goals.
We've become spanish teams' bitch thanks to this charlatan.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:31 am

We definitely can score against them (maybe 2+ if they open up their tight defensive unit searching for a goal), but I'm worried about the kind of goals they usually nick away. Not goals like Saul's, as that was completely the fault of our defenders, but more like Torres' shot that hit the post and Griezmann's near-post shot that was saved by Neuer in the first half. I'm afraid those kind of chances are very hard to avoid against Atletico with our high defensive line, and this could spell danger for us. The tactics for the second game has to be cautious. We need to get a 1-0 and then change our approach.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:41 am

ottackon wrote:I can't see them not scoring a goal, and I can't see us scoring more than 2 goals.
We've become spanish teams' bitch thanks to this charlatan.

Now with Carletto I hope that we don't start to lose against the italians ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:45 am

MoFattal wrote:We definitely can score against them (maybe 2+ if they open up their tight defensive unit searching for a goal), but I'm worried about the kind of goals they usually nick away. Not goals like Saul's, as that was completely the fault of our defenders, but more like Torres' shot that hit the post and Griezmann's near-post shot that was saved by Neuer in the first half. I'm afraid those kind of chances are very hard to avoid against Atletico with our high defensive line, and this could spell danger for us. The tactics for the second game has to be cautious. We need to get a 1-0 and then change our approach.

Problem is that we played cautious yesterday (3 midfielders). I'd say we need to be aggressive. Müller from the start (obviously), Coman as a super sub against tired Atletico legs, Alaba as LB.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby mats19 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:46 am

MoFattal wrote:We definitely can score against them (maybe 2+ if they open up their tight defensive unit searching for a goal), but I'm worried about the kind of goals they usually nick away. Not goals like Saul's, as that was completely the fault of our defenders, but more like Torres' shot that hit the post and Griezmann's near-post shot that was saved by Neuer in the first half. I'm afraid those kind of chances are very hard to avoid against Atletico with our high defensive line, and this could spell danger for us. The tactics for the second game has to be cautious. We need to get a 1-0 and then change our approach.

If we play with properly CBs, maybe, in a ideal case, with lucky, we can decrease their chance of score from counter attacks
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:56 am

Pittbay wrote:Problem is that we played cautious yesterday (3 midfielders). I'd say we need to be aggressive. Müller from the start (obviously), Coman as a super sub against tired Atletico legs, Alaba as LB.

I agree. I didn't mean cautious as in the form of playing 3 midfielders. I meant with regards to controlling the tempo of the game and playing safer with whoever players we have on the field. That is, of course, if we manage to score the 1-0. Before that, yeah, we need to start aggressive to nick that goal.

mats19 wrote:If we play with properly CBs, maybe, in a ideal case, with lucky, we can decrease their chance of score from counter attacks

Yeah sure, but we need Boateng as he is the only one fast enough to stop those.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ottackon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:57 am

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby mats19 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:09 am

icewizard wrote:

This for me would be the best lineup for the moment.

Yeah, its the best, but Boateng would not be 100% i think, anyway, we are already with 1 foot out the final..I would try it
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:49 am

quaazi wrote:it's time for Guardiola to prove that he's learned his lessons from previous CL games.

Otherwise he goes on to prove that he is really crazy because as the saying goes ' The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results'
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:18 pm

ottackon wrote:

I had totally forgotten about the Pep-slapping-Thiago's-butt-repeatedly incident. What was that all about? Did Thiago submit a sexual harassment report to HR yet?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Verres » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Alonso and Bernat were horible and most responsible for the Saul goal. It's no coincidence it was like identically to Morata's goal. Like there was a Maradona in his best years running on the pitch. Exceept it was not. I have a feeling that FCB has more of a credit for those kind of goals than Saul. Maybe I am underestimating them,but I still wonder when will those two players score a similar goal on this level of CL. Imagine this happening in Jupp system - not.

I also agree it would be muchmuch more dificult for Atleti if we began with Muller. In the first part of the second half wewere dominating and were close,we just lacked that extra smart move that would create a 100% chance or to shake their defence and he could have provided just that. It doesnt mean that the result would be different but I still think we didn't play to our strenghts.

It's gonna be dificult in AA to keep the clean sheet let alone score two past Oblak, who didn't have a lot of work. We have so much more talent than they (just think about Alaba shoot that would almost put as favorits for the finals),but now I think they are going through, primarily because they are playing to their strenghts.
Verres
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:32 pm

What pisses me off above the rest, is that we're always in trouble after the semi finals 1st leg ...
Are we really that far behind the top 3 spanish teams ?
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:33 pm

To be fair, Alonso was indeed very bad in the first 15 minutes, but after that he was one of our best out there.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby mats19 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:36 pm

ottackon wrote:What pisses me off above the rest, is that we're always in trouble after the semi finals 1st leg ...
Are we really that far behind the top 3 spanish teams ?

No, what happened in the last semi finals was a ton of tactical mistakes, plus important injuries
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League