You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-04-27] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:45 pm

Atlético Madrid will win
13%
It will end in a draw
25%
Bayern Munich will win
63%

Total votes : 48

Re: [2016-04-27] Atlético vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:38 pm

They're the perfect team to exploit Bayern's weakness but that doesn't change the fact Bayern have the quality to burn them bad.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Homawk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Hey there, guys! First time posting, although I'll admit I have been stalking you all for a while.

Thought it was appropriate now to join in, my whole family are Atlético fans and so I've seen this team play very very often, both through good games and bad games. At their best they're a very good team; defensively they're (almost) air-tight and offensively they have some very good forwards. Obviously the highlight of their attack is Griezmann, and as far as forwards go I think he's the only one I'd label as excellent, mostly because I feel he's the only one that's very consistent. The rest of their forwards, apart from Torres, are young and it shows, even if they do have the potential to be world-class. Their midfield is good, too. Koke is a powerhouse and he'll rarely have a bad game, whereas Gabi can run and run for days. Saúl is also good but he can also disappear for entire games. As for the defense, I don't think there's much to be said about Godin: the man is one of the best defenders and his positioning is excellent. Giménez is also very good but he has the same problem the younger forwards do: his age. Juanfran is more efficient on offense than defense and Filipe Luis is the opposite. Oblak will be one of the greatest goalkeepers in the game in a few years. He's not at Neuer's level (not matter how hard my brother tries to convince me otherwise), but he's getting there.

All in all, they're a force to be reckoned with. The only department I feel that they have the advantage on us is in the defense. We have some injured players, yes, but even so their organization in the back is astonishing. Their weakest point is their attack. If we can properly mark Griezmann, it'll make our job a whole lot easier. If Griezmann can't score, they begin to have a lot more problems, I feel. Whereas if Lewy can't score, Müller can, or Coman, or Ribéry, etc. Not try to downplay their offensive threat, but I'm just pointing out that they've relied heavily on Griezmann's attacking prowess all season. It's been said already, but they do play a lot like Juve, so hopefully that's the strategy Pep will go with.

We can do this, guys! Don't forget that.
Homawk
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:48 pm

The best medicine against this particular team(Atletico) is to give them a taste of their own style, bodycheck, hard tackles, exhausting high pressing, playing with two DMF at the midfield such as Javi+Vidal partership who are perfectly against Atletico providing strength,tackles,hard defending and good at headers. Our players attributes can fit in any style, Atletico knows how to handle teams who like possesion, we have seen that numerous times we must not fall in that trap! Let them have some possesion and hit them with gegenpress like Heynckes did with Juventus, their defenders are not technical they will struggle. Except Koke their midfield is not as technical as ours nor their offense.

Carrasco & Griezmann can kill us on the break if they find spaces, both of them and especially the Frenchman(I admire him very much) are better than Mandzu-Morata or Jonas/Pizzi/Mitroglou. We saw that ruthness against RM at their victory @Bernabeu and against Barca at QF.Our defensive errors and spaces between the lines must shrink, if I see our CB playing high line till the middle I swear I'll smash the TV...

Atletico fought hard against PSV and they were extremely lucky to qualify,PSV performance defensively was near to perfection at both legs except two occasions, offensively they were good too but they failed to score in 4 times... the got punished but from the stage of "16" till now Atletico is full of confidence and have a great momentum.

We can definetely manage Atletico,they are vulnerable and overall they don't have the quality Bayern has that's a fact but as it seems with their toughness,athleticism and passion can overcome this difference and play equally good against anybody, it's for our team to show some guts and overcome a conceding goal, everytime we concede a goal we are on panic attack for 10' these ten minutes in a SF can cost you a qualification, same happened with Juve & Benfica and I hope that WON'T happen again.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dalv » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:58 pm

ouch, very tough game
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:00 pm

In my opinion we don't stand a chance against this team.

We have like 5% chance to go to the final with this Bayern, 25% with Boateng and 35% with Robben.

And I'm serious.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby bastos80 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:02 pm

k thanks bye
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 pm

One thing nobody talked about so far and that it seems to me more important than anything else, is that Atlético Madrid are hitting top form at the right moment of the season, while we are still looking for our best level of play. We have 3 matches to sort that out.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby KrampusIsReal » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:08 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:Road to Milano, we can do it! #Miasanmia

#milanosanMia
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:11 pm

All we have to do to win is simple: play our freaking best football, the most Pep Guardiola, possession-heavy, box bombardment. No bullshit alternative tactics, no playing safe, nothing outside our comfort zone, no 4-2-3-1. Certainly not the textbook shit Tuchel tried to pull off last night in Anfield. Atletico are a brick wall, but they'll break eventually if we keep hitting them. I want to see the football that demolished Arsenal 5-1 and Leverkusen 3-0 as well as the magical first 60 minutes against Juventus. No parked bus work against our best football. They can put all 11 on the goal line and Lewandowski can beat the shit out of them.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Ollio » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:All we have to do to win is simple: play our freaking best football, the most Pep Guardiola, possession-heavy, box bombardment. No bullshit alternative tactics, no playing safe, nothing outside our comfort zone, no 4-2-3-1. Certainly not the textbook shit Tuchel tried to pull off last night in Anfield. Atletico are a brick wall, but they'll break eventually if we keep hitting them. I want to see the football that demolished Arsenal 5-1 and Leverkusen 3-0 as well as the magical first 60 minutes against Juventus. No parked bus work against our best football. They can put all 11 on the goal line and Lewandowski can beat the shit out of them.

Exactly! And we need those friggin overlaps by Lahm and Alaba. Instant impact everytime, already looked promising against Benfica. Put that in your training schedule for the next couple of weeks guys. Go old school.
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:22 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCB general wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Bernie will meet another bear... :P

German Burgos aka El Oso? :mrgreen:

hahha
no I was not refering to him... But don' t they have a bear on their coat of arms?

Yes, they have. :)

Spoiler: show
But when you see non-playing Burgos, you get the impression of seeing a bear, especially when he is pissed off. :D

Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Well, i don't think cross are going to be of much use against this defense. Best X11 for me would be:

Lewy
Ribery-Müller-Robben
Thiago-Vidal
Alaba-Boateng-Benatia-Lahm
Neuer

Costa and Coman as traditional wingers would just cross into Godín's head all game long and as inverted wingers aren't as good. We could use Robbery's penetration for this one.

I'd like Javi in there too, but I don't know how to add him.

PD: Burgos is called "El mono" (The Monkey), not the bear. But close enough xD

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:29 pm

My preferred formation:

CDM: Neuer
CM: Vidal
CAM: Javi and Boateng
LW: Alaba
RW: Coman
LF: Costa
CF: Thiago
RF: Lahm
ST: Lewandowski
Raumdeuter: Müller
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:29 pm

3-3-3-1 the best formation for this one...

if we have Benatia and Boa 100% I'd go with this... (it can transform into a 5-4-1)

Yes I'll bench Thiago for this one... Ribery?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby longeleven » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:30 pm

3 seasons, 3 semi-finals, 3 first leg away home. All from top 3 strongest team of La Liga.
I hate my feeling now. :oops:

If we lose again, with this Atletico, I would kill this Pep 9023479123048123 lifes.
longeleven
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League