You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ask Manchester United fans...

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Ask Manchester United fans...

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Everyone has a chance to ask a question about the upcoming duel, their club, our previous encounters, their players, tactics etc...
Questions will be posted on their forum so we get some insight from their POV. We had some historic encounters and it is a nice thing to hear something what their fans think about all of that as they are one of our biggest rivals when it comes to European football.

My question...

1. What is your opinion on FC Bayern Munich?
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Ask Manchester United fans...

Postby JJJ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:17 pm

2. If you could choose, which player you would take from our team?
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Good idea.

3. Do you think that the difference between the two teams is bigger than in any previous encounter between the two teams?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Nice idea!

4.) What tactics and approach do you feel gives your team the best chance of defeating Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals?
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby United83 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm not sure which forum you are going to ask, but as a United fan I'd say Redcafe would be best if you are looking for some decent, educated responses. A very similar thing has just been posted on there from an Aston Villa forum and already has quite a lot of replies. You can PM an admin on there so the questions can be posted on the main forum (which isn't accessible to new members for posting).

I think the general view of Bayern from United fans is a mixture of envy and respect. Don't think you'll get too many haters responding.
United83
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Is Moyes to blame for the bad Premier League campaign or are the players just not good enough anymore?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FlowersOfManchester » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Everyone has a chance to ask a question about the upcoming duel, their club, our previous encounters, their players, tactics etc...
Questions will be posted on their forum so we get some insight from their POV. We had some historic encounters and it is a nice thing to hear something what their fans think about all of that as they are one of our biggest rivals when it comes to European football.

My question...

1. What is your opinion on FC Bayern Munich?

I wouldn't be here if my opinion wasn't high.

general-bayern-f13/congratulations-bayern-t11460.html#p263059
FlowersOfManchester
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlowersOfManchester » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:59 pm

JJJ wrote:2. If you could choose, which player you would take from our team?

Schweinsteiger in a heartbeat. We have struggled for a genuine midfield giant since Roy Keane retired,
FlowersOfManchester
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FlowersOfManchester » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:00 pm

MatZam wrote:Nice idea!

4.) What tactics and approach do you feel gives your team the best chance of defeating Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals?

Our new manager has no clue on tactics. Bayern will destroy us.
FlowersOfManchester
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FlowersOfManchester » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 pm

MoFattal wrote:Is Moyes to blame for the bad Premier League campaign or are the players just not good enough anymore?

Yes and no. Alex Ferguson is to blame for appointing a man who has never beaten a top four team in England in 10 seasons.

We have too many players who are not good enough because of lack of investment in the team. Our glorious :roll: owners saddled us with circa $900m of debt in 2005 when the club was generating circa $200m in profit. We are paying circa $150m in interest payments alone PA to service the debt.
FlowersOfManchester
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FlowersOfManchester » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Lastly, apologies to all, I've not worked out how to multi-quote on your forum so forgive my quoting every question. :oops:

As far as the best forum to ask, forget the clown above from Red Cafe - They are the Glazer loving side of our support who represent nobody's opinion.
FlowersOfManchester
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:09 pm

FlowersOfManchester wrote:Lastly, apologies to all, I've not worked out how to multi-quote on your forum so forgive my quoting every question. :oops:

Highlight the part of a post which you want to quote and click the 'Quote Selected' button beneath the user's avatar. It quotes the highlighted part in the quick reply box.

Thanks for the replies. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FlowersOfManchester » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FlowersOfManchester wrote:Lastly, apologies to all, I've not worked out how to multi-quote on your forum so forgive my quoting every question. :oops:

Highlight the part of a post which you want to quote and click the 'Quote Selected' button beneath the user's avatar. It quotes the highlighted part in the quick reply box.

Thanks for the replies. :)

I see it now! Many thanks.

Now, go drink some beer & enjoy your title! :mrgreen:
FlowersOfManchester
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Ruht » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:00 am

In all honesty I've found Red Cafe to be the best forum out there (concerning opposition teams that is!). Would be good to get some more opinions as there are a lot of knowledgeable folk on there and it's a great place to talk football. You do get the occasional deluded people, but those people are everywhere.

Good work on doing this sch0ll7, and good to hear some views from the resident United fan too! Can't think of a question right now however, most of the ones I've been thinking about were already picked. Screw you guys!
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby United83 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:15 am

As far as the best forum to ask, forget the clown above from Red Cafe - They are the Glazer loving side of our support who represent nobody's opinion.

What a poor attitude to have. An internet tough guy who insults somebody despite having no prior interaction with them, I think it's clear who the 'clown' is...

I barely post on Redcafe and have nothing to do with it, but they are the biggest United forum so your 'they represent nobody's opinion' line is as idiotic as you clearly are. They also have a newbie forum which weeds out the less thoughtful posters, so if there is anywhere you are going to getting reasonable responses it's there. I can only assume you're a butt hurt mod of another United forum, upset because I didn't mention your site.

Apologies to the Bayern fans here for disrupting a thread, but this guy's attitude stinks and I had to respond. I won't comment any further though so you needn't intervene.
United83
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League