You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ask Manchester United fans...

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: Ask Manchester United fans...

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:04 am

1. Do you think that the difference between the two teams is bigger than in any previous encounter between the two teams?

Hell yes. For obvious reasons.

2. What tactics and approach do you feel gives your team the best chance of defeating Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals?

The only game we've come close to showing the tactics and approach which might get a result was in the away game against Arsenal. It's pretty torrid stuff but probably our best chance of nicking a result. Trying anything new or radical will be a disaster, as we saw in the first 15 minutes against City.

3. Which key battle do you think united has a chance of winning and why? Fullback vs Winger? Winger vs Fullback? CM vs CM's? Strikers vs CB?

I think Bayern have a defence that can be got at. Through the middle or down the flanks (especially when Lahm is playing in midfield) and United have some quality attacking players, although you wouldn't know it based on the season so far. Rooney could well put in one of his barn-storming European lone striker displays though. In that mood he could definitely cause you a lot of problems.

4. Which particular player from Bayern Munich you fear the most? And if you could choose, which player would you take from our team?

Robben. He's up against Buttner. Can't really see him not scoring at least once over two legs. Would take any one of your CMs, to be honest. They would all improve us.

5. If Moyes uses all defensive tactics such as parking the bus in front of the goalie, United fans can cope with it?

They coped fine when Fergie parked the bus against Barca en route to our last CL title. Mind you, they're unlikely to be as understanding with Moyes

6. Is Moyes to blame for the bad Premier League campaign or are the players just not good enough anymore?

We would have had a bad campaign, with or without Moyes. He turned it into a terrible campaign.

7. Could David Moyes be sacked after April 9? or will he be given more time?

Probably got until the end of the season.

8. Would you say that SAF is also responsible for your troubles this season?

Yes. As Roy Keane recently said, Fergie always used to improve his team from a position of strength. This hasn't happened since the Glazer takeover. The timing may not be conicidental.

9. Which do you think is the strongest league nowadays between the Bundesliga and the Premier League?

Premier League. Much greater strength in depth. Bundesliga falls off a cliff after the top two and Dortmund aren't all that this season.

10. What is your opinion on FC Bayern Munich as a club and as a team?

They're a European super-power. Credit where it's due for ticket pricing. Like most German policies, it's eminently sensible and with the interests of the people at heart. Which is not often the case in the UK.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

1. Definitely greater than in 2001, when you defeated us home and away enroute to a Champions League trophy. We were even in 1999. I think we were the better team in 2010, and if we went through I think we would have defeated Inter in the final. The difference this year is astronomical.

2. Attacking through the center. In my very humble opinion, Dante and Boateng are potential red cards waiting to happen. I'd like to see Kagawa behind Rooney, with Welbeck tucking in. Defending wise... drop deep and force you to take shots from distance, hoping DDG plays a blinder. Have someone constantly tracking Muller's movement.

3. Striker/no 10 vs CB. That's it. Battles elsewhere will be damage limitation.

4. Muller. By far. Not the flashiest player, but his movement (both on and off the ball) gives. He can operate between the midfield and defense. He knows how to drag defenders wide for other Bayern players to burst through the gap. Impossible to fluster. Big game mentality. Scores goals. Robben and Ribery, Thiago are probably better players, but if I could choose one Bayern player who could miss the game, it would be Muller. I rate him that much. As for which player we could get? Any one of Schweinstieger, Kroos, Martinez or Thiago. Oh come on just flog one on to us, Christ. Greedy bastards

5. We don't have the personnel, tactics, discipline or grit to park the bus. It's no coincidence that Barcelona's past 2 CL victories came at our expense. So yes I'll be mad at Moyes for parking the bus. We need to play deep. We need to be disciplined, only commiting players to the attack when necessary. But it's a thin line between being disciplined, and just having Rooney beyond the half line.

6. Moyes takes a significant part of the blame. Growing pains I figure. Some of our players have let him down though, through a lack of effort, discipline or just getting past their usage date. Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick: the back bone of our recent record breaking defense in Europe and at home, all are past it. That takes time to replace and in the meantime, we're suffering for it.

7. I think he'll be given more time.

8. Yes. I'm not mad at him or anything, I felt the purchase of RVP was a stop gap. He left our midfield neglected, which resulted in 2 prospects from our academy leaving (not the whole story, but whatever). We relied too much on our old spine. We won the league last season, so there weren't much complaints, but the signs were there and I hinted at that a few times.

9. Bayern and Dortmund are world class teams. The rest are decent, but below the level of the top 10 in England IMO. Overall I like the structure of the Bundesliga. Well run, fantastic with finances, the fans, youth talent and the standard of play. The Premier League can learn a lot from the Bundesliga. But overall I think the Premier League is slightly better. La Liga has to be on top right now.

10. As a club? Well run. I like how you have the overall board of directors who can implement long term visions, allowing the coaches to work more directly with the team and deliver short term results. The progression from Van Gaal to Heynkes to Guardiola should be the standard for clubs to aspire to. Ya'll should get more tax accountants for your directors though. As a team? Top in Europe right now. I think somewhere between now and May, you will drop out of the Champions League, just because, the oracle says no team can retain the damn trophy. Dominate the league and Europe in the next 2 years, and I'll put you up there with Ajax, Milan c 1993, Barcelona c 2009 as the best club sides ever. Right now you're stuck down here with us c 2008, Juventus c 1996...
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

1. Do you think that the difference between the two teams is bigger than in any previous encounter between the two teams?
Yes.

2. What tactics and approach do you feel gives your team the best chance of defeating Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals?
Park the buss and try to counter, but Lahm will stop that effectively.

3. Which key battle do you think united has a chance of winning and why? Fullback vs Winger? Winger vs Fullback? CM vs CM's? Strikers vs CB?
De Gea vs striker. (has the quality to do some great saves)
Rooney vs defense. (has the quality to grab himself a goal if he is put alone against your defenders)

4. Which particular player from Bayern Munich you fear the most? And if you could choose, which player would you take from our team?
No idea, they are all capable of destroying us. I'd take Alaba, Kroos, Gotze or Thiago any day, in that order.

5. If Moyes uses all defensive tactics such as parking the bus in front of the goalie, United fans can cope with it?
We have close to no hope, he can chose whatever tactic he wants.

6. Is Moyes to blame for the bad Premier League campaign or are the players just not good enough anymore?
The players are good enough, but have been injured and off-form.
The manager is good enough (still not good) to win the league if everything went the right way.
In other words, both are to blame - but it's easier to make a case for the players than for the manager who hasn't proven that he can do it.

He won't be sacked until the end of the season, at earliest.

No, SAF could've addressed the squad-issues, but he left a title-winning team (not only players).

9. Which do you think is the strongest league nowadays between the Bundesliga and the Premier League?
Premier League is stronger (on average), but the Bundesliga has better home-grown talent, and better top teams.

Fantastic club, fantastic team.
sch0ll7

Yes by far

Attack Bayern from the off to unsettle them as Arsenal did and once we get a goal, defend it like our lives depended on it.

Strike vs. CB. Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez are very dangerous when on form and Dante looks shaky, possibly the weakest link in the bayern team.

Fear: Robben Want: Shwein

We'd have to

80% Moyes, 20% Players

He should be sacked but will be given more time

To an extent but not entirely

Still EPL because the beyond Dortmund and Bayern, the german league isn't as strong whereas EPL has City, Pool, Chelsea. Bayern are the best team between both leagues but the EPL has more good teams than Bundesliga

Scary
sch0ll7

Yes

Defensive and counter attacking. We don't have the players to press Bayern.

Strikers v CB. If Rooney's on form he'll cause the Munich defence problems.

Robben, because he'll be up against Buttner and Evra, one of our weakest areas. Kroos. Top player at the right age.

Yep. If we open up we'll be beaten by a much better side.

More of the former than the latter, but both, to an extent. Moyes has underperformed and a few players appear to have passed their best around the same time.

He could be, but I don't think so. He'll still be our manager next Christmas (ho ho ho).

Nope. He had a blind spot regarding midfielders which has hurt us but Moyes could have solved it but didn't.

In terms of overall strength the PL league, but Bayern are a better side than anyone in the PL.

Fantastic club, great manager, lots of brilliant players. I wouldn't trust them to file my tax return, though!
sch0ll7

Definitely. Bayern Munich may have been nowhere near the European force then, as they are today, but there is a greater divide between that United side compared to the one today. In fact, this Bayern Munich side may one day be recognised as one of the greatest club sides ever in comparison to a United side that may be regarded as the weakest United side in the last three decades. Substantial difference.

Deploying tactics similar to that of Chelsea when they won the Champions League, but whether we are capable of executing that type of game plan to great effect is a different question entirely. One of the few positives I expected when Moyes took over was for us to defend very well as a cohesive unit - as his Everton side did. But the reality is that we defend as a team completely out of sync with any defensive shape or understanding. To have any chance of progressing, we simply have to defend deep in numbers, compact in shape and dangerous on the counter. Sacrificing an attack-minded player will probably be of paramount importance.

For the life of me, I don't know why you've got CM vs CM - Ridiculous mismatch in quality. I don't think we stand much chance on winning any individual battles personally. I suppose our forward(s) against your defence is the safest bet, considering that is arguably your weakest area and upfront is United's strongest area. Rooney could cause problems playing in his natural position and Welbeck offers a unique outlet in the squad which may be a decisive role for us - not to mention he was our best player against Madrid last season.

There are a number of players, but I'd have to say Thomas Muller. Might be slightly biased, because he is the type of player I love and admire, but he is such a decisive and effective player. I expect Bayern to win by a landslide, but if it's still a contest by the team we play at the Allianz Arena, he is the type of player to make all the difference. Outstanding intelligence, movement, finishing and workrate. As for which player I'd choose; I'd take a whole host of players in a heartbeat, but were it not for his age, Lahm would be the clear favourite for me. As it is, he isn't young, so I'd opt for Toni Kroos just ahead of Thiago and Muller.

Of course, as long as it is effective. What is worrying with that tactic under Moyes, is that we will simply succumb to Bayern pressure and struggle to initiate attacks when we seldom regain possession. This season has been humiliating and we are massive underdogs, so if this tactic were to allow us to remain competitive over both legs, so be it.

When you assess our demise this season, you have to factor in every possible reason for our decline. Certain factors are overwhelming factors and Moyes is certainly one of them however. Ferguson by no means left us a strong squad and it has obvious flaws, but Moyes has still managed to take a title-winning squad to 7th place which is simply unacceptable. This squad under the right management, tactics and coaching should still be competing for top four.

I doubt it. If anything, drawing Bayern Munich is possible the worst draw in regards to Moyes' future. Your side are overwhelming favourites and if you effectively end the tie after the game at Old Trafford it'll come as no surprise when lesser teams like City and Liverpool have both won 3-0 in recent weeks. It's depressing and quite frankly pathetic, but it won't create any disillusion among fans or the United hierarchy because a good thrashing is expected.

As I alluded to in question six. We are in our current predicament because of every factor. Ferguson is quite clearly responsible because he recommended a manager who has never managed at the highest level and has now proved himself to be completely out of his depth. Not forgetting, he didn't rectify the midfield situation in six seasons.

Premier League. This is probably due to the financial power that the Premier League possesses. With the tv revenue that all twenty PL teams generate there is more of a level playing field than any other top European league. We may be lagging behind tactically and technically than the Bundesliga, but the PL compensates for it with the quality of player any team can acquire. Essentially, the Bundesliga is just Bayerns plaything.

Wonderful club with a proud tradition and history. The benchmark for all clubs to aspire to and the team with the best infrastructure and ideologies among all elite sides. One thing I admire the most out of the club, is how they have never veered away from their identity as a team. They have the pulling power to acquire the best foreign exports, but they still put massive emphasis on developing German players and signing the best German talent. Some might deem them arrogant - as our club has been branded - but that is merely the consequence of being a winning machine.
sch0ll7

I'm a young 'un, so I can't say for sure, but in the last 20-30 years or so, definitely.

Putting runners in the middle of the park to bother the midfield and try to park the bus in defence. Try to grab goals from set-pieces and counter-attacks.

Striker vs. CB is probably the closest. It's where we have our best players, simple as that. Rooney could prove a handful for the Bayern defense if he's on his day.

I fear Robben or Ribery the most. They have a lot of tools to hurt us with. If I could take one player I'd take Thiago or Kroos.

I can. It's our only hope because Bayern are so good. Defensive tactics against top sides wasn't a problem for me under Fergie either. It's Moyes' defensive attitude against lesser teams that annoys me, and I suspect it's the same with a lot of other United fans.

While the players haven't been good enough, I think most of the blame can be traced back to Moyes in some way, yes.

I think he'll be gone by the summer if he continues down the same road as he has so far this season.

I'm tempted to give at least a partial 'yes' on that. Moyes should have been sacked already and Fergie is probably a big part of the reason why he hasn't been. That being said, SAF left a good squad and a club that has all the requirements to win. I don't think anyone anticipated it going this badly, so I'm not going to hold anything against SAF.

Team for team, the Premier League is the stronger league. The Bundesliga has higher quality at the top, though. Bayern are the best team in Europe and Dortmund would probably manage to win the Premier League every now and then.

I prefer Dortmund, but I have tremendous respect for Bayern. As I said, probably the best team in the world at the moment.
sch0ll7

Postby WythenshaweRed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:18 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Everyone has a chance to ask a question about the upcoming duel, their club, our previous encounters, their players, tactics etc...
Questions will be posted on their forum so we get some insight from their POV. We had some historic encounters and it is a nice thing to hear something what their fans think about all of that as they are one of our biggest rivals when it comes to European football.

My question...

1. What is your opinion on FC Bayern Munich?

Hello sch0ll7.

I have just read your post and if you wish, you could ask questions on our Manchester United forum called 'United Reds.' I am a co-administrator there and we have been open for just over a month. We have quite a few members who are knowledgeable about Manchester United and who are willing to answer your questions if you wish to ask them. Our website link is http://www.unitedreds.net/

All I can hope for, and the others too, is a great match with much suspense. I cannot say who is going to win, but all I can wish for is, may the best team win.

WythenshaweRed
WythenshaweRed
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Tarrou » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:48 pm

MICUN wrote:THOSE COMMENTS ARE WROTTEN BY AS.No chance that man utd fans are so nice,and everybody said that FCB is the best club in the world.They hate as.I dont know why we writting shit like this,which is idea,and why is intresting this.

Hi MICUN,

I'm a United fan, and was one of those who posted a set of answers to the questions. I saw your post and I'm curious as to why you think we would hate Bayern? Most united fans I know have nothing but respect for Bayern. In fact, I can't think of a single reason why we would hate your club.

In case you are interested, here is a link to the thread on RedCafe that these answers came from;

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/some-que ... um.387436/
Tarrou
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 pm

Tarrou wrote:I'm a United fan, and was one of those who posted a set of answers to the questions. I saw your post and I'm curious as to why you think we would hate Bayern? Most united fans I know have nothing but respect for Bayern. In fact, I can't think of a single reason why we would hate your club.

Actually, I too know a lot of Man United fans who hate us. I guess that recent events have humbled many of them and Bayern have gained their respect though.

Of course, many of these fans who hate us are probably those fake fans who have become Real Madrid supporters over the past few months. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Well, every football lover I know hates Bayern now because of me :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Of course, many of these fans who hate us are probably those fake fans who have become Real Madrid supporters over the past few months. ;)

That I can attest to. I live in the Southeast Asia so a lot of United supporters. Then they support either Barca or RM. I think it's mostly because of Ronaldo.
Last edited by runaway on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Tarrou » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Tarrou wrote:I'm a United fan, and was one of those who posted a set of answers to the questions. I saw your post and I'm curious as to why you think we would hate Bayern? Most united fans I know have nothing but respect for Bayern. In fact, I can't think of a single reason why we would hate your club.

Actually, I too know a lot of Man United fans who hate us. I guess that recent events have humbled many of them and Bayern have gained their respect though.

Of course, many of these fans who hate us are probably those fake fans who have become Real Madrid supporters over the past few months. ;)

Fair enough. There's always a few idiots who talk bollocks on the internet. But trust me, for the average United fan, there is no ill feeling whatsoever and never has been. We do tend to hate Robben somewhat but that's due to his history with Chelsea.

I'm in Malta as well by the way!
Tarrou
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:45 pm

There were like 50 replies...and from what I read more than 90% think we are a solid club with great history. Respect has nothing to do with hating us [because of our historic clashes]. I respect United...think they are a huge club with great history which won all with SAF but I probably "hate" them more than any other club out there...because of the 99`. It will always hurt :shock:
sch0ll7

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:59 pm

This was a great idea and a fun read! We should do this more often.
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League