You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-10-21] AS Roma vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 pm

A.S. Roma will win
7%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win
80%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2014-10-21] AS Roma vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 am

First Nero, now Bayern. Those Romans can't seem to get a break. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:00 pm

On a more serious note, I found some scenes from the game quite interesting but didn't find the time to post them till now.

Italians seem to respect Guardiola immensely. When they PAed Bayern's roster they booed at everyone (as customary anywhere before big matches) but on Guardiola's turn they applauded noticeably. It was a bit of a sight.

Be it Roma's lackluster midfield or simply (and hopefully) either Pep's change of tune or the player's getting attuned to the coach's instructions but I saw a game with no Tiki Taka at all. The team didn't have that stupid, mandatory, "23 passes" (ur sumtin) Pep's do-or-die style. Alonso's deadly low balls to the inside forwards came as soon as they recovered the ball or started play. In any case I hope this style continues.

Müller. I had a chance to watch the game again on my laptop and, goofy & distracting runs towards the wall aside, I had missed how incredibly talented Müller's ball control abilities can be. Watching him live can be such a different experience. The way he stops the ball while looking for the running man while his foot gets ready to hit the ball with the inside . . . He's one incredibly talented forward; goofy runs aside.

They (Roma's fans) treated Bayern with a huge respect except of course for Benatia (whose booing in real life didn't come close to be aired on the same level on TV.) You kinda saw they were quite aware they faced a great team. Their lone goal was as if Rossi had just scored on a WC final and I was completely surprised at watching few, very few, people leaving on the HT break with having to make up for 5 goals already. I kinda had the impression they knew they weren't walking away with three points, but at least they knew there's still a gulf to make up in class between them.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:11 pm

tflags wrote:On a more serious note, I found some scenes from the game quite interesting but didn't find the time to post them till now.

Italians seem to respect Guardiola immensely. When they PAed Bayern's roster they booed at everyone (as customary anywhere before big matches) but on Guardiola's turn they applauded noticeably. It was a bit of a sight.

Be it Roma's lackluster midfield or simply (and hopefully) either Pep's change of tune or the player's getting attuned to the coach's instructions but I saw a game with no Tiki Taka at all. The team didn't have that stupid, mandatory, "23 passes" (ur sumtin) Pep's do-or-die style. Alonso's deadly low balls to the inside forwards came as soon as they recovered the ball or started play. In any case I hope this style continues.

Müller. I had a chance to watch the game again on my laptop and, goofy & distracting runs towards the wall aside, I had missed how incredibly talented Müller's ball control abilities can be. Watching him live can be such a different experience. The way he stops the ball while looking for the running man while his foot gets ready to hit the ball with the inside . . . He's one incredibly talented forward; goofy runs aside.

They (Roma's fans) treated Bayern with a huge respect except of course for Benatia (whose booing in real life didn't come close to be aired on the same level on TV.) You kinda saw they were quite aware they faced a great team. Their lone goal was as if Rossi had just scored on a WC final and I was completely surprised at watching few, very few, people leaving on the HT break with having to make up for 5 goals already. I kinda had the impression they knew they weren't walking away with three points, but at least they knew there's still a gulf to make up in class between them.

You can say Romans respect Guardiola because he was part of their team for about a 1/2 year. He made more appearances for Brescia, Pep speaks fluent Italian. If you ask Italians who do they like more between Pep and Mou, I'm sure the answer would be Mou. I follow the Italian media quite a lot, and Mou is idolized, their style of play is represented by Mou's style. I think Mou is a follower of the Italian school of football.
In the situation the Italian league is, no matter what, they'd kill for a big name like Pep, it's not that he isn't respected there, but I've seen him crucified by the Italian media also, and praising their Italian, Ancelotti, who beheaded the 'tiki-taka' master and their defensive style won.

Mueller's backheel, crème de la crème. Never doubt in Mueller.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League