You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-10-21] AS Roma vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 pm

A.S. Roma will win
7%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win
80%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2014-10-21] AS Roma vs Bayern Munich

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Anyone watched on Sky Sport Germany? At the end of the program there was quote projected on a wall which mentions the Brazil vs Germany WC semi. Anyone saw it and knows what it means ?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Tedesco » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Anyone watched on Sky Sport Germany? At the end of the program there was quote projected on a wall which mentions the Brazil vs Germany WC semi. Anyone saw it and knows what it means ?

I was watching, but I didn't see this. Do you have a screenshot maybe?
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:25 pm

No I didn't, it was after the guests and host walked away into a dark hall on the side of the studio and the camera kept following them.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[2014-10-21] AS Roma vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 pm

MUTU wrote:tflags, I'm jealous, by the way!

Of what? I was just another Roma fan looking aghast and perplexed by the massacre perpetrated by the opprecious Germans. I spent the whole game crying and consoling my fellow Romans.

God I'm such a hypocrite.

In all seriousness I wouldn't do that again; watching Bayern on a hostile stadium away from the ultras I mean. I couldn't shout a single goal and about 20,000 Romans looked at me really funny when I was about the only Roman who knew who the heck Rafinha was.
Last edited by tflags on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 pm

Roma wanted to play an open game based on possession and passes but they got destroyed because no side can play like that against us especially with a high defensive line!

Expect a more italian team in Munich that will come to defend and try to grab a point.

And this is when things will get intrested, because Pep has to find solutions against teams that defend with 11 men.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:15 am

Great job Bayern! Everything is making sense now... I guess so, because I'm not hearing that 'tiki-taka stuff', it usually happens when we're bad.

Many players and especially a coach proved many people wrong this period, although I see skeptics not willing to back down still, but that's normal. I have to admit Goetze proved me wrong, I was starting to lose even that glimmer of hope I had in him, and I'm glad he proved me wrong, look at him now, scoring every game and shit. :lol:
We'll crush every opponent who is willing to play football and not some shitty anti-football 'parked the bus strategy', nothing new there.

Everything is working perfectly, even if the defense looks shaky sometimes, but that's the price you pay when you play like Bayern does. Luckily, there's Neuer to take care of what the defense doesn't sometimes, I think he doesn't mind to touch the ball time after time, otherwise he'd get bored.

After the game Guardiola answered to Sky Italia in the question if Bayern this year is playing more vertically(direct) than last year, he said that this year we have Xabi Alonso, who is a fast thinker and he plays more vertically.
Sky compared Bayern to the total football of Netherlands '74, Pep said that's an exaggeration. And it's just one match. [source]

Media is praising Pep's ability to surprise opponents with some weird formations, nobody knew to tell where Alaba played, and really can anyone tell me where the heck did Alaba not play? :lol: Can it get more 'total' than that.

I like what I'm seeing, Pep's experiments are giving its fruits. :D
Looks like Alonso will be something more than a backup? :twisted:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dalv » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:02 am

Quality highlights here: http://www.hoofoot.com/?match=AS_Roma_1 ... 2014_10_21

And what their coach had to say:

“It was a tactical collapse more than a psychological one. We weren’t aggressive enough and allowed Bayern to play,” Garcia told Sky Sport Italia.

“I am the first one who made the mistake, it is not the fault of the players, the first half approach was my fault entirely. It was the wrong strategy, we should’ve been more closed up and try to hit them on the counter-attack.

“Once we were a goal down after 10 minutes, we ran forward and that played into Bayern’s hands. We were too eager to get it back on track and left spaces that Bayern took advantage of. We should’ve kept our heads and waited for the right chance.

“We had a good reaction after the break, their goalkeeper prevented us scoring a couple more, but I am disappointed by the two goals we conceded late on. We wanted to prove there is pride in this squad and we did that in the second half.

“Now we must lift our heads and the only good news is Manchester City’s draw, which allows us to stay second in the group.

“Bayern were stronger than us tonight and we played much less well than usual. We were almost spectators in the first half and what I don’t like is the lack of aggression and unity.

“We must accept this defeat, which proves we also need more steps to get closer to the best teams in the world. We are still second and can hope for qualification, but certainly not playing like this.

“Playing against Bayern Munich there is only one thing to lose and that is with a slap to the face. Losing to them is normal.

“I have no doubts we can do better than this and we must prove it on Saturday.”
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 am

tflags wrote:Of what? I was just another Roma fan looking aghast and perplexed by the massacre perpetrated by the opprecious Germans. I spent the whole game crying and consoling my fellow Romans.

:D
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby scaPEPgoat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:I wonder where the Pep haters went? Anyway, Roma who? Told you, dont be scared because of an opponent..

Great plays, great goals and Benatia is doing just fine, maybe he just needs this game to be fully 100% Bayern now. Neuer with some great saves, but would have liked it to be 7-0 instead of 7-1..

I am looking forward already for the return :D

I am still a pep hater. It will take more than a blowout in the group stage to make me forgive getting thrashed, as reigning champs, at home, to Real last season.
Now where are all the Gotze haters? They can all piss off
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:16 am

scaPEPgoat wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:I wonder where the Pep haters went? Anyway, Roma who? Told you, dont be scared because of an opponent..

Great plays, great goals and Benatia is doing just fine, maybe he just needs this game to be fully 100% Bayern now. Neuer with some great saves, but would have liked it to be 7-0 instead of 7-1..

I am looking forward already for the return :D

I am still a pep hater. It will take more than a blowout in the group stage to make me forgive getting thrashed, as reigning champs, at home, to Real last season.
Now where are all the Gotze haters? They can all piss off

Oh get off your high horse... Last season, is just that... LAST season. It was a tactical error with a team that didn't fully understood Pep's ideas, the way they understood Jupp's ideas in his last season. Just move on already...
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kod2600 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:08 am

And not a single prediction was correct that night...AWESOME!
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 am

JANCKER wrote: nobody knew to tell where Alaba played, and really can anyone tell me where the heck did Alaba not play?

He started as a left CB in a trio with Boateng and Benatia and ended up as a CMD with Xabi.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:11 am

Not only are the formations unpredictabble but the results as well. I hope Benatia-Boateng will be the more constant fixture.

scaPEPgoat wrote:I am still a pep hater. It will take more than a blowout in the group stage to make me forgive getting thrashed, as reigning champs, at home, to Real last season.

You're not the only one. Pep hates himself even more for that fck up.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:13 am

Bayerns heatmap against Roma yesterday...

1st half

2nd half

Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:42 am

kod2600 wrote:And not a single prediction was correct that night...AWESOME!

To be honest, I have a chat with a friend on 17th September when he was telling me that Roma will demolish us and in response I told him we'll score 7 against them :) Should have gambled them!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League