You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-03-07] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win and go through to the QF
7%
Arsenal F.C. will win but Bayern will go through to the QF
7%
It will end in a draw and Bayern will go through to the QF
13%
Bayern Munich will win and go through to the QF
73%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2017-03-07] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Postby Lukas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:22 am

MiaSanFCB wrote:
Lukas wrote:For now **** off Arsenal and your arrogant abusive fans (calling the Bayern fans and Neuer "Nazis" :twisted: ) The Brits are far more Nazi like these days

They're offending their own players too then. They have 3 Germans in their squad. Don't they? :lol:

Yep. That's hypocritical Brexit Britain for you though.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:23 am

Coman wrote:
MUTU wrote:Player Ratings

Neuer : 4
Rafinha : 3
Martinez : 4
Hummels : 4
Alaba : 3
Alonso : 1
Vidal : 3
Thiago : 5
Robben : 5
Ribéry : 2
Lewandowski : 3

Even with a 5-1 they don't deserve more... what they did for 55 minutes is a pure shame.

Having a laugh today are we? 10-2 aggregate and somehow Alonso gets scapegoated....But I shouldn't be surprised.

3 for Alaba and 1 for Alonso is easily the best joke I've heard all year.

Alonso was better than Alaba, Ribery, and Vidal for 90% of the game. Vidal was terrible until the last 15-20 minutes. Ribery bad all game. Alaba had one of his worst performances of all time. And yet you single out Alonso. Is it really that difficult to set aside your bias for one moment?
aterford
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 am

MiaSanFCB wrote:The second half looked like Brazil vs. Germany in the WC, but glad we are going through the next round. However, let's hope the players and the coach make some autocritic about first-half performance and don't get misled by the final score because against any strong team we could be out playing 45 minutes as we did today.

If any Arsenal fan complains about Koscielny's penalty remember them about this:

and this:

and especially this:

Plus we had two clear penalties called off last time

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:34 am

Anyone b!tching about that penalty should agree that it was at the very least debatable.

What was outright outrageous was the first penalty call back in Munich. I'm still trying to get over that one and it's been two weeks already.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dalv » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 am

Alaba was "from another movie", to translate a Romanian saying, miserable performance from him. But I don't agree about Vidal, he made some important tackles and was crucial in midfield all game. And I think we were going to be better in 2nd half and win the match nonetheless, too bad ref decided to give a red card there so we can have Wenger coming up with ridiculous excuses (btw, watched the replays, it was a very small offside at Lewa when he got the penalty, very small but it was offside).
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:46 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:I don't think the football crowd talk about the art of diving enough. When it's done right, it's as deadly a weapon as a set piece routine. As long as referees are human, players should take advantage of the system as much as possible. Of course the shit divers like Ronaldo can still go to hell, but when it's done like Robben does it, it's a great weapon.

No they shouldn't. It's disgusting. Divers should ALWAYS get after the fact bans if video analysis indicates they dived.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

The best dives won't get the players banned regardless of how many times you rewatch it because it won't look like a dive, just like Lewandowski's tonight. That's what gets me fascinated the most.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:56 am

You know what usually players do... they kick the ball ahead then trip on the foot of the defender who was trying to get the ball. 90% of the footballers do it, I wouldn't give it a foul even if the defender failed to touch the ball.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:57 am

Sweet baby jesus, it has begun :mrgreen:

Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Lukas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:02 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Sweet baby jesus, it has begun :mrgreen:

Spare me a thought having to listen to people speaking that ridiculous language for 90 minutes. We iz shit innit fam blud :lol:
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:22 am

Arsenal's 10-2 defeat to Bayern is the worst defeat by an English club in Champions League history.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Kalev » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:22 am

I don't understand, why Alaba is criticised above. I think he had fine evening. Maybe he looked not that good because Arsenal mainly attacked through his side. Ribery didn't help him out much and he had pretty many 1 on 1's going. Arsenal did get crosses to box from his side but he wasn't leaky. He made some important interceptions though. Rafinha got just much quiet evening.

It's a shame for me that Koscielny was sent out. I think for the future this full competitive CL away match was exactly what we needed. Instead we got a 2nd half like the match against HSV - not challenging. I hope Ancelotti makes conclusions from 1st half and doesn't pay attention to this 2nd half domination. There will come games when we are the same way under pressure and not controlling the possession in opponents half. Today we were struggling in this part under pressure and didn't found moves in front.
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 am

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 am

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:28 am

aterford wrote:
Having a laugh today are we? 10-2 aggregate and somehow Alonso gets scapegoated....But I shouldn't be surprised.

3 for Alaba and 1 for Alonso is easily the best joke I've heard all year.

Alonso was better than Alaba, Ribery, and Vidal for 90% of the game. Vidal was terrible until the last 15-20 minutes. Ribery bad all game. Alaba had one of his worst performances of all time. And yet you single out Alonso. Is it really that difficult to set aside your bias for one moment?

I agree. Alonso was quite good today. I was a little disappointed by our left side. Alaba I didn't think was too bad but a lot of the danger came from his side. Ribery was awful for a few stretches. I don't know if it's the age, but he's got teammates making the right runs, pulling Arsenal defenders around and then there's a Bayern player going into open space. I'm sitting in my chair willing him to pick his head up and just make the pass, but Franck is either heads down or kicks the ball the wrong way. (Maybe Alexis Sanchez wouldn't be a bad replacement after all!)

Ancelotti has the players fit and ticking, but the discipline and precision the players had under Guardiola is a little lost. Just a little frustration on my part for a manager that has otherwise done the job and so far gotten the results. On a positive, I think Rafinha kept Sanchez fairly quiet tonight. Job well done by the most joyful member of the squad. =D>
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:04 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:After watching the replay for the penalty foul numerous times, I'm convinced that Lewandowski fully intended to dive - but it was one of those masterful dives, the type Robben and Neymar tend to do. Elite.

Robben sometimes is a bit too obvious. This one by Lewy though holy crap! I didn't believe you, I thought that was as obvious a penalty as there's ever been. But THAT was good. And I have no problem with it at all. I don't have a problem already with attackers letting the referee know they've been fouled. Manufacturing the foul with bad acting will annoy me, but that was just too good not to respect. Koscielny put himself in a bad situation and Lewy took full advantage. Knew the contact was coming, and if Koscielny wasn't giving it to him, then Robert created the momentum for Koscielny to take him to the floor.

That's what I like about Lewy that separates him from the rest of the strikers we've had at the club. He's got that clever edge, even if he's having an off game in front of goal, he will at least do something to upset the balance of the other team without getting himself into trouble. He's not Diego Costa where he's an a*hole for no reason. He's quiet about it. But this f*cker will step on Boateng, get Arsenal's best defender and captain sent off, throw Kompany and make it look like Kompany is grabbing him if it puts the other team off their game. It's amazing and thank God he's on our side.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League