You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-10-20] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
16%
It will end in a draw
3%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2015-10-20] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Postby TheJeff » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:05 pm

kst wrote:dont like that now many Arsenal fans are braggin about how they showed the world they can beat top teams and they smashed Bayern aso

Did you not expect this kind of response from some fans?
If you guys won against Real Madrid or Barca, would some of you not do the same?
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Bayern has to prove a point that they're not only favored by uncompetitveness in their domestic league, but that they rule outside it also.
If we want to be considered the strongest side, we can't lose against a team that can't win against Olympiacos and Dinamo or aka the eternally 4th place in the PL.
Cause I've been hearing stuff like if Bayern played in the PL they wouldn't even be top 4 and after this performance... Bayern hasn't proved them wrong.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:24 pm

TheJeff wrote:
zozon wrote:
Every season is a NEW one. Every season Bayern have to prove themselves. Every season Bayern HAVE to send out messages.
And yes - destroying Arsenal will send a big message.

For my own sake? Its not like i bet my house on a Bayern win, jeez. :roll:

So now tell me - Are you an Arsenal fan or a EPL lover?

Why do you feel that Bayern have to prove themselves every week?
Bayern lost against Arsenal but you know what? They are still the deadliest team in Europe.
I support Arsenal but appreciate football.

It's been a few days since the match has finished, I tried putting a reply together before but never got the chance.
Anyways, it's really funny how we over criticize our own teams.

From an Arsenal fans perspective, I personally thought we played really poor. We could barely keep hold of the ball and couldn't string passes together. We kept giving the ball away and a lot of our players were out of form. We were overcrowded in midfield with Bayern not playing the wide game. This is the same tactic many have used against us at the Emirates, recently Slavan Bilic with West Ham and they went away with a 2-0 win at the Emirates. The idea being to choke out our midfield which is our strong area.

You have to remember, we are not used to playing without the ball. I can recall a handful of times when we have been bossed the complete match like this.
I have read a few people saying they were about to drop a big one when we countered, well what do you expect? Any formation or tactic has it's advantages and disadvantages. I have seen us play many many times the way Bayern did that night and lose the game in the end.

My verdict of the match was we got lucky. Tactically, Wenger got it spot on but ultimately, we got lucky. Luck has always been against us but it looks like it's finally arrived, maybe it's something to do with the hat worn by the man between the posts?

P.S. Hargreave's is a twat. I hope I never have to listen to that mans voice again.

Conclusion is; possession football and to attack like head-less chickens does not make you win.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:33 pm

We don't call that luck in our parts anymore, it's happening too often for calling it luck. But well done Arsenal, you wanted a win, you got it.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby TheJeff » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

JANCKER wrote:Bayern has to prove a point that they're not only favored by uncompetitveness in their domestic league, but that they rule outside it also.
If we want to be considered the strongest side, we can't lose against a team that can't win against Olympiacos and Dinamo or aka the eternally 4th place in the PL.
Cause I've been hearing stuff like if Bayern played in the PL they wouldn't even be top 4 and after this performance... Bayern hasn't proved them wrong.

I think everyone knows how much of a threat Bayern are and it is pretty clear that you will win the Champions League this year.
It is funny you say that about Arsenal, that you should be beating a team who were beaten by Olympiacos and Dinamo, because we think the same, we should be beating teams such as Olympiacos and Dinamo.

It is also quite funny how low some of you guys regard Arsenal to be, maybe this is why a lot of you guys aren't taking the result too well.

The biggest problem I see with this fan base is that you guys don't lose enough, and when you do lose, then Bayern fans act like the world has ended or something. That is a sign of your league not being competitive enough in my opinion.

After a loss, Bayern fans be like "something is fundamentally wrong!! sack this person, this players rubbish" and so on.
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby TheJeff » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Conclusion is; possession football and to attack like head-less chickens does not make you win.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

I believe you are more likely to win with possession.
It would be good if someone done a statistic of Bayern wins and losses and what the possession stats were.
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Arsenal won the league like no other team in the past 20 years or more without a single defeat and I think that nobody mentioned uncompetitiveness. Strange...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RodePiet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:50 pm

From The Jeff
"Why do you feel that Bayern have to prove themselves every week?
Bayern lost against Arsenal but you know what? They are still the deadliest team in Europe.
I support Arsenal but appreciate football.

It's been a few days since the match has finished, I tried putting a reply together before but never got the chance.
Anyways, it's really funny how we over criticize our own teams.

From an Arsenal fans perspective, I personally thought we played really poor. We could barely keep hold of the ball and couldn't string passes together. We kept giving the ball away and a lot of our players were out of form. We were overcrowded in midfield with Bayern not playing the wide game. This is the same tactic many have used against us at the Emirates, recently Slavan Bilic with West Ham and they went away with a 2-0 win at the Emirates. The idea being to choke out our midfield which is our strong area.

You have to remember, we are not used to playing without the ball. I can recall a handful of times when we have been bossed the complete match like this.
I have read a few people saying they were about to drop a big one when we countered, well what do you expect? Any formation or tactic has it's advantages and disadvantages. I have seen us play many many times the way Bayern did that night and lose the game in the end.

My verdict of the match was we got lucky. Tactically, Wenger got it spot on but ultimately, we got lucky. Luck has always been against us but it looks like it's finally arrived, maybe it's something to do with the hat worn by the man between the posts?

P.S. Hargreave's is a twat. I hope I never have to listen to that mans voice again."[/quote]

Well said.... The thing I keep wondering about is whether Arsenal were playing poorly or was Wenger employing this tactic on purpose?
Perhaps you are suggesting both. I really feel that this is Bayern's, or more precisely, Pep's Achilles Heel and Wenger knows it.
....and I couldn't agree more that Hargreaves is a twat!!!
(sorry..I screwed up the quote...)
RodePiet
Getting the hang of it

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Don't call Hargreaves a twat, we ripped off MUFC thanks to him. :P
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby TheJeff » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:10 pm

JANCKER wrote:Arsenal won the league like no other team in the past 20 years or more without a single defeat and I think that nobody mentioned uncompetitiveness. Strange...

And still, losing to a team of that legacy hurts a lot of Bayern fans.
In regards to being invincible, it doesn't occur often and they weren't all wins.

RodePiet wrote:Well said.... The thing I keep wondering about is whether Arsenal were playing poorly or was Wenger employing this tactic on purpose?
Perhaps you are suggesting both. I really feel that this is Bayern's, or more precisely, Pep's Achilles Heel and Wenger knows it.
....and I couldn't agree more that Hargreaves is a twat!!!
(sorry..I screwed up the quote...)

I believe it was tactically decided we play on the counter, but not being able to hold onto the ball for more than 4 seconds was unexpected.
I don't think we expected to be dominated in possession like that at all. However, I believe during the game our tactics changed thanks to Arsene.

You guys expected us to fly out of the blocks in the first 20 minutes, hence why there was signs of time wasting from your team during that period, but we instead wanted to absorb the pressure. After 30 mins, we got a little bit more comfortable but still nowhere near what we are used to.

Also, Arsene mentioned that he moved Ozil into a deeper role to make it tighter around the box in the second half. He also put Giroud on as he realised Bayern struggled when the ball was in their final 3rd.

I also have to point out that tactically, Wenger had it spot on with Lewandowski. There is a reason why only Bellerin was marking Costa - Coqelele as I like to call him (laughs in head) also had the task to mark Lewa, and he did that really well. With the form Lewa is in, there was no other way.
Costa is fast and can get past players but really lacks quality in the final third, hence why he wasn't marked by 2 players and had the freedom to roam around, as he was not as big of a threat as Muller of Lewa.

JANCKER wrote:Don't call Hargreaves a twat, we ripped off MUFC thanks to him. :P

That's probably the only thing his ever been useful for :lol: I assume you guys taped his mouth shut during the negotiation? :lol:
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:10 pm

TheJeff wrote:I think everyone knows how much of a threat Bayern are and it is pretty clear that you will win the Champions League this year.

Allow me to get back to you on that... ;)

Also, Arsenal have every right to claim they can beat big teams now...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby TheJeff » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:16 pm

#12 wrote:
TheJeff wrote:I think everyone knows how much of a threat Bayern are and it is pretty clear that you will win the Champions League this year.

Allow me to get back to you on that... ;)

Also, Arsenal have every right to claim they can beat big teams now...

I put the stats up in another thread of our performances against big teams, it might surprise a few people.

I believe, whether it would have been Real Madrid or Barca, the results would have been similar at the Emirates. I have seen both those teams play this season and they have been nowhere near their usual form.

Therefore the result doesn't mean anything in your Champions League campaign, you will still win it easily.
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks for some actual perspective from an outside fan no less. Arsenal are a great squad, Bayern should win if the squad is able to execute the tactics correctly but if not Arsenal are more than capable of winning. Wenger set up the team right to maximize his CHANCES of a win.

I hope Arsenal win the Premier League to show everyone what a manager can do with a homegrown squad and with only ONE purchase in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby TheJeff » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:47 pm

pyrasur wrote:Thanks for some actual perspective from an outside fan no less. Arsenal are a great squad, Bayern should win if the squad is able to execute the tactics correctly but if not Arsenal are more than capable of winning. Wenger set up the team right to maximize his CHANCES of a win.

I hope Arsenal win the Premier League to show everyone what a manager can do with a homegrown squad and with only ONE purchase in the summer.

And what a sweet purchase it was, straight from Mourinho's hands :)

We tend to keep making the same mistakes but this looks to be our year (we say it every year though).
Results have been turning, especially against the big teams but City remain the biggest threat this year, especially with De Bruyne (quality player by the way).

We strengthened where we really needed to, I cannot believe all these years we never had a quality goalkeeper. Now we can see how much of a difference one makes! I am sure the results against Dinamo and Olympiacos would have been different with Cech in goal. He brings assurance and confidence to not only the team but for the fans watching the games.
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby SchwanMunich » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 pm

pyrasur wrote:We aren't used to bundesliga teams counter attacking? Now I know people are having a laugh!

Simply put, we are not used to teams as talented as Arsenal counterattacking us. Name one bundesliga side that has better attacking players than Arsenals....Walcott, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Chamberlein, Giroud, Alexis Sanchez, just to name a few.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League