You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-10-20] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
16%
It will end in a draw
3%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2015-10-20] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Postby Korab » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Marck11 wrote:How long are the Guardiola fanboys going to defend this circus manager? When he loses again in the semifinals this season, effectively ruining 3 seasons for Bayern ?

Its not that every team will always win but the manner in which you lose. Real Madrid lost last year but they did not play a backline with 1 center back and 2 "5.1" full backs in the defense.. When you are not leading and you bring in a full back so that Lahm can play in midfield ? Madness..

This guy is using Bayern like a toy by a child, twisting and turning it crazy when a 'normal' football will be enough. Go to hell circus manager.. Bayern will play bettet without a coach looking at the things going on..

I think he is only at Bayern in order to conduct high level experiments with his tactics. He will continue with them at the next club, of course if it's not Barca.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marck11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:21 pm

albanian7 wrote:
#12 wrote:
albanian7 wrote:Beautiful football can equal winning too

Yup - but to win something big you also need to take something out of shitty games... And for that, you need a useful defense, and not the shit that we're doing, moving forward at gunpoint 90 minutes a match every 4 days...

You're talking to the #PepOut guy here. I've been #PepOut since January 2013. Not that I don't think he's a good coach, but I never wanted him at Bayern and I won't want him here in the future either. To win something, we should learn how to defend and we haven't. Now some others in this forum can wrap it in any way they want to, mentioning his two CL trophies with Barça and whatnot.

In another thread, weeks ago, I said I was happy that Pep was slowly tweaking his tactics to suit his players this season. That didn't happen tonight, we saw the same thing, over and over and over and over again. He specifically said "both teams want the ball, the one who controls it will win the match". Someone tell him the team with 30% possession won.

Some sanity at last.. Bayern deserve someone better.. simple as that..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zamir92 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:27 pm

In 2001 we lost 0-2 against Arsenal and won the UCL

In 2013 we lost 0-2 against them and won the UCL again

And this season it happen again. Who knows :D

#Saber
zamir92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Cazorla » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:29 pm

'The Arsenal pitch is like the carpet in my living room. Always fun... Well, only if you win,' Muller
=D> =D>
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Zdenek Zeman used to do such experiments long time ago before Pep, he always ended up being sacked... but to speak the truth he didn't manage big clubs as Barca or Bayern. Maybe we can give him a chance after Pep, what do you think? He'd be the right man to continue Pep's philosophy. :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:10 am

zamir92 wrote:In 2001 we lost 0-2 against Arsenal and won the UCL

In 2013 we lost 0-2 against them and won the UCL again

And this season it happen again. Who knows :D

#Saber

... and both times in group F.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:23 am

Well, we also need to win on the island in order to grab a European title - so if we're not assigned to one of the Manchesters (assuming they make it to the last 16) or if they opt out before, we're ****! :P :D
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby albanian7 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:32 am

#12 wrote:Well, we also need to win on the island in order to grab a European title - so if we're not assigned to one of the Manchesters (assuming they make it to the last 16) or if they opt out before, we're ****! :P :D

Easy there. Man City will get Barca in the round of 16. Man Utd, maybe
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:59 am

I cannot believe that Ancelotti's name is being mentioned again :lol: We are leading every competition we're playing in, and Ancelotti was fired after a trophyless season earlier this year. So yes, let's bring Ancelotti =D> It makes perfect sense in this forum full of bandwagoners and crazy fans that talk sh!t about every member of the club after every defeat. If Ancelotti comes and loses one single game I guess it will be the same all over again but with Favre, Klopp, Mourinho or Allegri as usual

We've just lost an away game in the CL group stage. We had half of the squad injured and played in a very tough place against a team that desperately needed the 3 points.

About the game:

I think we lacked some speed and creativity. Injuries and tiredness played a huge role here. Our first half was poor especially on defense, but in the second half we were much better and should've score at least one goal.

So overall I'd say any of the two teams could've won the match. Arsenal played a better first half and we were better in the second. We just were unlucky this time.

About our defense:

Yes, we have some amateur tactical mistakes from time to time. But we need at least one of Benatia/Badstuber fit. That will make a huge difference. And if Javi Martinez is not playing I'm pretty sure it has something to do with his injury or him feeling some pain on his knees.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:04 am

We had half of the squad injured and played in a very tough place against a team that desperately needed the 3 points.

The problem is that we always lose to those teams in need. In need of la decima more than us, in need of whatever more than us... our opponents win when they're in need, I don't know how but they win and I see a problem there.
FC Franziskanern Munchen
Last edited by JANCKER on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:07 am

About Costa

He was probably our best player on Tuesday, but he needs to be more efective. Right now he's playing like a great player dribbling and beating defenders. But he's not being a game changer in this kind of big games like Ribery or Robben are/were

In this match there were at least 2 or 3 times where he received the ball with a lot of space in a very dangerous position but he didn't took a poor decission

Don't get me wrong, he's having a great season and surely Top 3 for us so far, but he'll need to step up in the bigger games next year.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:13 am

JANCKER wrote:
We had half of the squad injured and played in a very tough place against a team that desperately needed the 3 points.

The problem is that we always lose to those teams in need. In need of la decima more than us, in need of whatever more than us... our opponents win when they're in need, I don't know how but they win and I see a problem there.

Well, you just cannot win CL every year. You will eventually lose against any team

In this case, Arsenal are still 3rd while we are 1st, so it's not that big deal. If we are so shit after winning 99% of the games this season, what are the other teams?????

I've seen Barça being totally hammered at least twice this season, Chelsea doing shit in every competition, City at their usual CL self, Real having tough games and not getting the best results, Juventus drawing at home against Gladbach and doing shit in the league...
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:19 am

Barca was hammered in the 1st half of the season last year too, Chelsea was hammered all the time in 2012... But they're different teams, different reactions.
Losing to teams in need is no improvement from the last two years. Yet better unlike other times we haven't secured anything in this group. We have the same symptoms, teams that need a win desperately get it, that's not a good sign.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby johndear » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:02 am

Whether individual error or not the way we lost the game was embarrassing. i would rather lose 3-2 or something like not 2-0 [-X [-X .

playing Barnet was wasting more like 10 vs 11.

if we don't buy fast decent CB in winter break , i can see we will burn again in KO stage.

if Pep keep deploying Vidal,Thiago,Alonso and Barnet in the same line up in big game , Bayern will not make it out in big games.
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:24 am

#12 wrote:
kod2600 wrote:Yes we lost this one and played poorly but we're still the best team in Europe. (Like it or not, we are the best)

The best ist the one whose captain upheaves the big trophy into the night sky at the end of the season...

I sure didn't feel that way after Chelsea beat us at the infamous finale dahoam. History will say that Chelsea won, but ever one of us who watched the game "including Chelshit fans" know who was the better team. And coming back to the statement, I sure don't mind playing THAT GOOD and ending up the champions because thats what we all want but that doesn't mean I can't stay that at this time in the season, Bayern is the best. (so far)
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League