You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-10-20] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
16%
It will end in a draw
3%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2015-10-20] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:29 pm

quaazi wrote:
tflags wrote:Muller totally invincible tonight.

You meant invisible, right?

The player performances were rather poor individually - Costa was above the rest with Alonso and Thiago able to keep their heads up as well. But we lost the game with Pep's decision to sub out Alonso. If it was injury-related - tough tits - but if it wasn't, then these 3 points are entirely on his head. Of course, our wayward finishing was something to behold.

Honestly, not too banged up about the result. The Pep and the team needs to draw their conclusions, but in the long term, who cares.

Yes I meant invisible. I counted two crosses, Bayern central says 0, but whatevs. Yes, most players were poor and judging any single performance is unfair but I just wish he contributed more.

I am not pinning the loss on anything other than Neuer's mistake and the instability created by the two defensive subs at the same time - for whatever reason. It is, however, a loss that hurts pride more than anything else, as you can tell by the amount of meaningless rants I've been reading since yesterday.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby albanian7 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:32 pm

#12 wrote:I don't really believe in that but hey, I'm willing to try :P :D

I can deal with the loss, just from a pragmatic point of view I seee (some of) the same mistakes over and over and over again - kinda annoying for me ( I think that became clear :P :D )

We'll see...

No you're a pessimist and you hate Bayern and you only watched the treble season and Pep is the Jesus and he never makes a mistake or - God forbid - repeat them
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Albanian, shut your pie hole and kneel before PEP. :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:40 pm

From Honigstein/ESPN:

"You couldn't call it a freakish 2-0 win because Arsenal had certainly made their luck with resolute defending and well-executed counter-attacks, especially in the first half, but they had failed to pose much of a threat in the second half before Neuer effectively threw the game away, jumping past a Santi Cazorla cross 13 minutes before the end. Mesut Özil's injury-time goal merely added a bit of injury to the injury. . . The philosophical reaction by everyone in red amounted to one big shrug. Sometimes you play well and still lose; that's football. . .

. . . the phenomenal run of results that Rummenigge mentioned provided a buffer against the disappointment. No one can expect to win every game. Thirdly, there's losing games and there's getting beat badly. Manuel Neuer's calamitous error that gifted Olivier Giroud a goal and "paved the way for the defeat," as the goalkeeper himself admitted after the final whistle, put a slightly surreal slant on the outcome."

I like the part where he says no one can expect to win every game. He certainly hasn't been reading this forum lately :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:33 pm

It's not about the game, if you suggest that you're merely distracting (maybe in abscence of arguments pro the respective case?)... It **** hurts to lose against English douchebags... I'd rather lost in Piraeus... But the point is the stunted blunt repetitiveness of the in-game actions, errors and misbeliefs...
Honisgtein is - as the name suggests - German, you know... Yes, he lives in London, but honestly: when did Bayern pose much of a threat? They didn't... But hey, they had the ball more than twice as much... You can put it any way you like - Arsenal was the overall better team yesterday... Their opportunities were better both in quality and quantity...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:47 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Both English clubs struggling again tonight, like Chelsea last night, as they're not playing German teams
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Cazorla » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Schweinsteiger seems to be flopping at United. I think the club made the right choice letting him go.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:41 pm

First time that Arsenal community can celebrate a victory, because in the past 8 matches they face (2001,2005,2013 and 2014), all finished with a smile in Bayern face.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:42 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Schweinsteiger seems to be flopping at United. I think the club made the right choice letting him go.

Arguably - but how on earth is this related to Arsenal-Bayern? :D :mrgreen:
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Marck11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:49 pm

How long are the Guardiola fanboys going to defend this circus manager? When he loses again in the semifinals this season, effectively ruining 3 seasons for Bayern ?

Its not that every team will always win but the manner in which you lose. Real Madrid lost last year but they did not play a backline with 1 center back and 2 "5.1" full backs in the defense.. When you are not leading and you bring in a full back so that Lahm can play in midfield ? Madness..

This guy is using Bayern like a toy by a child, twisting and turning it crazy when a 'normal' football will be enough. Go to hell circus manager.. Bayern will play bettet without a coach looking at the things going on..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marck11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 pm

MoFattal wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:I pretty much gave up hope of us scoring when Costa went to the right side, he was putting in those crosses all game long from the left and eventually someone would have gotten on the end of one. He doesn't have the same willingness to take on defenders coming in from the right as he does from the left. That's what Coman and Robben are for.

I think that was one of the tactical mistakes made yesterday. In addition to the above, Costa moving to the right made Bellerin look like the world's best RB last night. It gave him room to move forward easily and run at the surprisingly poor Bernat. DC gave him nightmares during the first half, so I don't know why Pep switched him around for the second.

Well, if anyone still cant see why this circus manager is here, they can go and bang their heads onto the wall. This guy is here to play crazy tactics at the highest level and get paid millions for it!! He wont learn anything from 2 seasons past, thinks that he can get away with playing 1 center back and absolutely no protection for the defense when it is so obvious to even a kid that Arsenal were playing on counter...I mean Arsenal are not even a 'top' team..

Round of 16 this time ? Will the shameless dumb fanboys of this guy find some other excuses then ?
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marck11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:04 pm

MaCk0y wrote:You know what annoys me the most? After all those counter attacks from Arsenal, we concede from a frickin' set piece. On the other hand, we over hit ours and cannot take a decent corner to literally save our lives in situations like these.

Anyway, I thought we at least deserved a draw. Never thought Arsenal will sit this deep. What worries is that I am sure in the next match it will play the same like this one.

That's Guardiola copyright you know..The God who can win football at the highest level without defense, set pieces, discipline, defensive midfield etc. Let him do whatever he want.. but not at Bayern.. What on earth was Muller doing out so wide all the time ?
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:05 pm

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Schweinsteiger seems to be flopping at United. I think the club made the right choice letting him go.

Arguably - but how on earth is this related to Arsenal-Bayern? :D :mrgreen:

It's related to Bayern i guess xD.

I thought I had posted it to the English football thread, my bad.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League