You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-19] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
7%
It will end in a draw
3%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 70

Re: [2014-02-19] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Postby Element » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
Mesut Oezil has suffered a shoulder injury and missed today's narrow 1-0 victory over Newcastle. It is not yet know how long he will be out, but it's estimated that he may miss 2 or 3 more matches. [source]

Wenger wanted to rest him anyway

Gute Besserung Mesut
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tara1991 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:46 am

I stumbled on this website randomly and all I can say is that you Bayern supporters really need to stop thinking you are this almighty invincible side. I guess us Arsenal fans should be really scared because of your run in the Champions League LAST YEAR or because you guys are top of a weak Bundesliga. 9-0 was the aggregate between Man United and Bayer Leverkusen (who is 2nd in the Bundesliga). Can anyone even imagine Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen and even the mighty Bayern winning 9-0 on aggregate against any of the 4 English teams in the Champions League?
I guess going 14-3-3 in the EPL and 4-0-2 in the Champions League this season is nothing compared to the
14-2-0 record Bayern has in the Bundesliga and their 5-0-1 record in the Champions League. We are clearly much inferior and cannot even compare to Bayern.
And I guess a full strength Bayern side getting beat 3-2 against Man City who rested two thirds of their starting lineup and Bayern winning 5-4 against Chlesea only on penalties and Bayern going through 3-3 on aggregate against us last year should all be ignored and we should only look at their performance against Barcelona last year.
Tara1991
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mia san Bayern » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 am

No one here thinks we're invincible. We're however the strongest team in the world at the moment but we know that we must not take this for granted and improve further otherwise we will get punished for that by other teams.

Secondly the Bundesliga isn't weak, we even had two teams recently in the CL-final. Yes, Dortmund hasn't been as strong this year but that's because they had injuries that every team bar Bayern would suffer from.

Also Leverkusen had their worst match against Man United but every team has at least a one off in a season. With your logic Man City would be better than Bayern but don't forget that Bayern won 3-1 against City away against their full strengh squad when it mattered.

Bayern and Dortmund would anahilate United in the CL with the form they're having now and the other Bundesliga teams have yet to gain more CL expirience.

The Bundesliga is still growing as a league and I would rather prefer to watch a league with great atmosphere and great football rather than an oil company owned money league that has only a few good players and those don't even come from their own country. BTW the premier league has no atmosphere whatsoever it's very boring tbh.

Lastly I my opinion Arsrnal is a bit overhyped this year. Yes, they got Özil and are currently on top of the table but that's only because the other big teams were in a transitional period with their new coaches and I think that the other teams are catching up Arsenal and that Arsenal won't be at the top of the table at the end of the year becausr they made too little changes to the squad.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:15 am

Tara1991 wrote:I stumbled on this website randomly and all I can say is that you Bayern supporters really need to stop thinking you are this almighty invincible side. I guess us Arsenal fans should be really scared because of your run in the Champions League LAST YEAR or because you guys are top of a weak Bundesliga. 9-0 was the aggregate between Man United and Bayer Leverkusen (who is 2nd in the Bundesliga). Can anyone even imagine Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen and even the mighty Bayern winning 9-0 on aggregate against any of the 4 English teams in the Champions League?
I guess going 14-3-3 in the EPL and 4-0-2 in the Champions League this season is nothing compared to the
14-2-0 record Bayern has in the Bundesliga and their 5-0-1 record in the Champions League. We are clearly much inferior and cannot even compare to Bayern.
And I guess a full strength Bayern side getting beat 3-2 against Man City who rested two thirds of their starting lineup and Bayern winning 5-4 against Chelsea only on penalties and Bayern going through 3-3 on aggregate against us last year should all be ignored and we should only look at their performance against Barcelona last year.

I apologize if us Bayern fans seem arrogant but can you blame us? If you watch Bayern games you will see that Bayern are rarely outplayed. The losses to to Man C, Chelsea and Arsenal at the Allianz were moments where Bayern did not go into full gear and they paid the price for being complacent. Also it was clear in both those matches Bayern were superior side. I hate it when EPL fans bring up the Super Cup match vs Chelsea and say Bayern were almost outplayed, Chelsea were playing no different to the numerous weak BuLi teams that park the bus against Bayern so they hardly deserve any real praise for that. Imo being outplayed isnt packing eleven men into the box.

When Bayern have gone all out they have decimated teams like Arsenal, BvB, Juventes, Barcelona, and Manchester City who are supposed to be one one of the best EPL teams but looked like schoolboys. Even in the 2-3 loss Bayern clearly took the foot of the gas after going up two scores in twenty minutes. So far Bayern have showed the only thing that can beat them is themselves. Only BvB have ever been able to really take the fight to Bayern without parking the bus and when Bayern is not complacent. The 0-3 scoreline was not a fair result for how well they played. None of us are saying Arsenal have no chance but its very slim that they can come up with a good result in a two legged tie. Arsenal have improved a lot since last season with Ozil, Flamini, and Ramsey's new form but so have Bayern with the additions of Thiago and Gotze.

We know this match isnt going to be a cakewalk for Bayern thats why we all emphasize that if Bayern arent complacent they will go through to the quarter finals. We all know how good Arsenal are and even our board has said how they tried to hire Wenger knowing how great of a manager he is, its not like we think Arsenal are some mid table club Bayern can half ass to earn a victory
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 am

P.S. We always have been arrogant, it's not something new 8) Heck, I even thought us to be "this almighty invincible side" when we were in the Europa League a few years back.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 am

You can't blame Bayern fans for being arrogant. That said, you rightly pointed out Bayern's CL losses. You need to take something in context though: FC Bayern historically have it hard against English clubs. They're our bogey nation: heck, Bayern lost 3 Champions League finals to English clubs (Aston Villa, Manchester United and Chelsea). But if that's not enough, 3 out of Bayern's last 4 Champions League losses came against English opposition (Chelsea CL final, then a fluke loss against BATE Borisov, then Arsenal and then Manchester City).

I guess even the greatest clubs have had bogey opponents. This match won't be a walk in the park, by all means (in fact I voted for a draw in the prediction poll for now). However, to try and belittle us at this moment sounds either oblivious, ignorant or very, very bold. This team has set records and dominated opposition that would make ANY team in footballing history feel like an underdog.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Tara1991 wrote:even the mighty Bayern winning 9-0 on aggregate against any of the 4 English teams in the Champions League?

I can imagine us winning 7-0 against the most successful side of the last 7 years though.

And yes, I am confident we would do it against Man United this season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Arsenal's injury crisis deepens as Bendtner twists ankle after scoring against Cardiff [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:21 pm

I was reading Tara's post and I was on the brink of writing a long and boring reply on the failed chances Arsenal have taken over the years but I rather comment on the many similarities that exist between the two teams. Similarities that are equally contrasting as their differences tbh.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MatZam » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Tara1991 wrote:9-0 was the aggregate between Man United and Bayer Leverkusen (who is 2nd in the Bundesliga)

The scoreline was 9-2 on aggregate. And I don't recall anyone saying we are going to destroy arsenal or any such nonsense (if anyone did, then I feel that they are wrong). In contrast, most people remarked that it was the hardest possible draw we could have gotten.

And no, it isn't just the 7-0 victory that gives us confidence. Its also the 4-0 against Juventus, the 5 trophies in a year, and the many broken domestic and international records. It may seem as if stating these to you is arrogance, but it is fact and we are proud of it.

Personally, I am simply hoping for a great draw against Arsenal, with great football and (obviously) a Bayern victory. I assume (and hope) that you want the same, except in your case I assume that you hope for your team to go on to the next round. All in all, there are almost 2 months left to the first leg, and any number of unknown events (injuries, new signings, sales, meteorite strikes, etc.) may affect the result.

As an aside, I think this year's Premier League is a really good one, and I would like either Liverpool or Arsenal to win it, although realistically I feel that Manchester City will, especially if they sign even more players during this transfer window.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 pm

One thing the non-Bayern fans coming here may have forgotten, this is a Bayern forum. A lot of people here would be very optimistic about the team we support. We all hope for the best on the teams we each support.

I hope more non-Bayern fans like Borusse and Cazorla come here instead of some random trolls who comes here and spits at us then buggers off. :roll: :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ruht » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:01 pm

The team won 5 trophies in one year, playing great football with great players and a bright future ahead - sue us for being optimistic, right? :roll:
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Injokop » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:08 am

Well, i found Bayern fans (with exeption of this year, you know, bandwagoners and such) most modest and friendly fans when it comes to mixed groups. Also could be said for bundesliga fans in general. This is kinda why i like this club.
Also, this is my first post. I have been watching this forum for some time, but have only recently signed up for extra content. So, hi guys. :)
(and my english is little Messi :pep: sometimes)
Injokop
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:52 am

Dimitar Berbatov has issued a ‘come and get me’ plea to Arsenal after posting a video suggesting he could fire the Gunners to the Premier League title on his Facebook page.

The Fulham striker has been strongly linked with a switch to the Emirates Stadium in recent days, with Arsene Wenger looking to add to his forward options.

And Berbatov, who has made no secret of his desire to leave the Cottagers this month, is seemingly keen on the move after making the posting on his official Facebook page. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 pm

So someone shared this. :lol:

'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League