You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-19] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
7%
It will end in a draw
3%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 70

Re: [2014-02-19] Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Postby Dalv » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:56 am

I dont like Lahm playing DM neither. Last season Schweni both did a fantastic job in their positions and shouldn't be changed.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ruht » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:41 am

Cazorla wrote:We sold Gervinho and bought Ozil, Ramsey is a beast. =D> Theo has matured, this will be a real CL game at home not like last time a friendly match for Bayern. There is no way you would repeat the score line from last year. This time we have a real LB and not Vermaelen playing LB.

I wont lie, when we finished second I wanted Bayern more than any other team. Nothing is better than facing the best team in the world and have 2 great games.

I agree, this time we won't let you get a goal! :lol:

Just kidding (of course I do hope it happens) but I expect a closer game as well. Arsenal this year are nothing like the one we faced last year. You are better organised and don't let go of your games. Ramsey is in the form of his life, your defence is doing much better, and there is Ozil. Don't forget we have strengthened as well and hopefully won't be missing any key players like last time. Can't wait for the game, it should be a real cracker!
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Cazorla » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:23 pm

One position we need strengthening is CF position, Giroud is a decent player but for a club to move forward compete with the best teams we need a clinical striker that will create and finish his chances. I know it wont happen but if we can somehow sign Suarez or someone close to him we could really give Bayern good game.
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 pm

Cazorla wrote:One position we need strengthening is CF position, Giroud is a decent player but for a club to move forward compete with the best teams we need a clinical striker that will create and finish his chances. I know it wont happen but if we can somehow sign Suarez or someone close to him we could really give Bayern good game.

You could say Bayern need strengthening at the same position ;)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Cazorla wrote:One position we need strengthening is CF position, Giroud is a decent player but for a club to move forward compete with the best teams we need a clinical striker that will create and finish his chances. I know it wont happen but if we can somehow sign Suarez or someone close to him we could really give Bayern good game.

With the form Suarez is in, anywhere he'd sign he'd give Bayern a good game.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 pm

I would like to see Lahm man marking Özil in this game. We playing defensive with Martinez, ball possession and Robbery terrorizing their fullbacks
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:29 am

Lukas wrote:Arsenal will be nowhere near the top of the table by then and will be back in their usual position of scrapping for 4th place. And if Wenger doesn't strengthen their squad in January they could have big injury problems. 3-1 Bayern like the last two games Bayern have played here in England

Wow. I suggest you learn to bake some quality pies for yourself. They'll come in handy later.

If you are serious, please take the time and read the rest of the post.

Yes, nobody is saying Arsenal are as strong as Bayern. Nobody is saying we are the favourites to win the tie. Nobody is saying that Bayern will be whipped by Arsenal.

But please listen to what you are saying sometimes.

"Arsenal will be nowhere near the top of the table by then"

-- By what logic? We are at the top of the table right now and not by chance. We have played some of the most excellent football in the whole of Europe(yes, the whole of Europe, including Germany) and have made some breathtaking performances over the season.

We have had, a total of 2 poor performances where we really didnt play like we wanted to win. One was agains Manchester United away and the second against Napoli away. We really have no excuses for such performances, but show me a team that doesnt have such games every season and I will show you a fantasy.

"will be back in their usual position of scrapping for 4th place"

-- Too much presumption here to grace it with a reply. "Usual position"? Really? Please enlighten further(and give a better reason than we have finished 4th in the last 2-3 seasons).

"And if Wenger doesn't strengthen their squad in January they could have big injury problems."

-- Here is what people are forgetting, we already have injury problems and are still top of the premier league. And 10 placed team beat the 2nd placed team of the Bundesliga, so "PL has been poor" this season logic doesnt work here, sorry.

For people saying we havent shown up against big teams, let me put you out of ignorance.

1. We beat Tottenham and comfortably, most pundits were putting Tottenham up for a top 4 finish after the supposed masterclass in the transfer window.

2. We beat Liverpool comprehensively. And not only that, we kept Suarez(who has scored 17 goals in 12 games and ran defences ragged) and Suarez from even getting a clear sniff at goal. This is for the people who think Arsenal have shit defence.

3. We beat Napoli with a scintillating performance. Napoli looked hapless. If Napoli arent a big team, I dont know what a big team is.

4. We were the much better team at home against Dortmund and lost by a goal. We were the second best team at Dortmund and still beat them. That even out the equation pretty nicely I think.

5. Our recent loss against City, to put things into perspective, was not as bad as the score tells you to be. If you had watched the match(and I guess you didnt) you would have seen that the referee got atleast 3 offside decisions wrong, which would have surely resulted with a shot on goal from a prime area. We were denied a penalty and disallowed a fair goal. Mancity had a total of 7 efforts on target and scored 6. We had 6 attempts of target(and could have had a lot more) and scored 3. The scoreline was flattering.

More importantly, Mancity beat you at the Allianz didnt they? And they were able to make 8 changes from that squad whereas Arsenal could only change 3 players from their squad against Napoli midweek. The team was tired. We deserved to loose probably, but the margin is misleading. It could easily have been 7-7 or 1-1 for that matter.

/rant over.
Fan of
Arsenal - Bayern

Uli Hoeness -" Let's say we charged €300. We'd get €2m more in income, but what's €2m to us? but the difference between €104 and €300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk."
Yoda
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AdepT » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 am

Arsenal have been good. But I wouldn't dare say that they have been very good.
There's just no consistency. Quoting wins as a proof of excellent play and blaming losses on mistakes/tiredness is the not the way to go.
Before I start, I would like to inform that I've seen all LFC games a few of Arsenal games(NLD, Dortmund, ManU, Sunderland, City).
1. Tottenham win was at home. A 1-0 win and Arsenal have usually won such games.
2. LFC's loss was down to 3 at back and some sloppy defending by Cissokho. The game could have been a draw. A deserved win in the end but again at home.
3. Sunderland away win was undeserved. That game should have been a draw, to be fair.
4. ManU game was away and you guys got beat. Even match and a set-piece loss.
5. As good you were against Napoli, the same credit could be given to Napoli the way they made you look in the away game.
6. Dortmund games were very close. Could've gone either way.
7. City game could be blamed on tiredness. But the key players were rested for that only. Even accounting for the linesman mishaps, it was going to end in a City win.
8. LFC are going to play Chelsea/City away in the next two weeks. Those results will have a huge say on their abilities.
9. Arsenal are yet play major away games. At LFC, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle and lets count the surprise-cabpable oddities Stoke and Hull. Think what you may, I think Arsenal will lose against LFC and Chelsea. Draw against Spurs. Newcastle/Swans/Hull/Stoke could be close wins or draws.
10. The gap is just two points at the top of the table which could increase/decrease this Mon. Probably decrease because Mou would look to draw it.
11. Also, LFC play all opponents mentioned in no.9 at home except Stoke in the second half. If their home(this and past year's) form continues, EPL could be in for a surprise finish. City and Arsenal were lucky to draw the games last year, if you remember. City/Everton/Chelsea aren't far off from Arsenal too.

The thing I wanted to pointed out is that Arsenal's form hasn't been over-the-top good. They have had all tough fixtures at home till now. It'll get tougher down the road. And I can very easily see Arsenal not at the top come Feb. It could be City at top. Arsenal/LFC/Chelsea in 2-4. May be even LFC at 2nd depending upon how the away Chelsea and City games go.

Unpredictability. You've got to respect it.

About CL matches, they'll be close, but I expect us to make it through.
Also, even if we manage to win at Emirates, one thing I'm certain of is there will no complacency in the Allianz game this time around.
Last edited by AdepT on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 am

Their are too many "what if" statements in both your last posts, you could go all day with them, just let the results speak for themselves

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:00 am

Dalv wrote:I dont like Lahm playing DM neither. Last season Schweni both did a fantastic job in their positions and shouldn't be changed.

Only problem with Lahm playing DM is....

that he doesnt attack...the thing about lahm is his intelligence,in the early stages i saw some strange stuff from him , but now he surpasses even pig mounter
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AdepT » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:31 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Their are too many "what if" statements in both your last posts, you could go all day with them, just let the results speak for themselves

That was basically my point. :P
Unpredictability. Too many ifs.

But one thing that can't be denied is that Arsenal have tough away games against rest Top 7 opponents. Already lost 2 and counting.
For all the ifs, it is really not easy to win at Anfield/Stamford/Goodison/WHL. Check the past stats and the current form of the teams, may be leave out Spurs. :|
Yoda would agree.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Champions League Arsenal version is way too shaky than the EPL Arsenal from 2 months from now many things can change for both sides but I'm very optimistic that we can repeat last year's performances against them when our DMFs come back at their fullest and Lahm back as RB.

I'm eager to see once again that screamer from Toni Kroos,I miss those bullets(meanwhile Firefox gives me a "Thank you" for this statement) :)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:53 pm

When you see Lahm from the CDM or CM moving sometimes during the game on the flank, you always get something good, positive in Bayern game, like asist for goal in the last match at Fifa CWC. I think this Lahm's midfield position need to stopped by Guardiola.
This could easily harm to both Bayern and Germany, but most to the player. He's got used to it, but since Martinez is fit there is no need to put Lahm in the midfield no matter how intelligent player Philipp is or somethin else. Kirchoff is also a Bayern member and he should have more minutes then.
Lahm is more useful and dangerous on the back with his forward runs and his precision ball on Mandžukić, Rib and the rest of the guys.

Now about Arsenal... I'd have been pleased also in case that we get the teams like Barcelona, Real, United, Atletico, etc. There is no bad opponent for us. Today when we have team like the current one, we should be able to beat every single team in CL.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 pm

FCB general wrote:When you see Lahm from the CDM or CM moving sometimes during the game on the flank, you always get something good, positive in Bayern game, like asist for goal in the last match at Fifa CWC. I think this Lahm's midfield position need to stopped by Guardiola.
This could easily harm to both Bayern and Germany, but most to the player. He's got used to it, but since Martinez is fit there is no need to put Lahm in the midfield no matter how intelligent player Philipp is or somethin else. Kirchoff is also a Bayern member and he should have more minutes then.
Lahm is more useful and dangerous on the back with his forward runs and his precision ball on Mandžukić, Rib and the rest of the guys.

Now about Arsenal... I'd have been pleased also in case that we get the teams like Barcelona, Real, United, Atletico, etc. There is no bad opponent for us. Today when we have team like the current one, we should be able to beat every single team in CL.

I agree that Lahm helps a lot at the RB position but he is just as helpful when he plays as a CDM so i would not say Pep needs to stop it cause it works. Also Pep's job is to worry about the Bayern Munich team not the German NT. So his decisions on who or how to play should not be based on that. If he thinks Lahm is needed in the midfield and its working then its really hard to doubt him. Martinez and Schweinstiger have not looked as good as playing as the single pivot as Lahm this season and i hope that changes soon, but toll then i think its safe that Lahm plays there. Especially against Man C at the Etihad Lahm showed he could handle it even with guys like Fernandihno and Yaya in the midfield...

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:28 am

AdepT wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Their are too many "what if" statements in both your last posts, you could go all day with them, just let the results speak for themselves

That was basically my point. :P
Unpredictability. Too many ifs.

But one thing that can't be denied is that Arsenal have tough away games against rest Top 7 opponents. Already lost 2 and counting.
For all the ifs, it is really not easy to win at Anfield/Stamford/Goodison/WHL. Check the past stats and the current form of the teams, may be leave out Spurs. :|
Yoda would agree.

I do. But unpredictability is a leveler. It strikes everyone. Arsenal have been beaten away to both Manchester Clubs. But look at how the Manchester Clubs have performed away from home as well? No team is infallible and that is the most important thing this season in EPL. Southampton have been playing like champions against top teams. They could spring in a surprise as well.

Writing off anyone would be foolish at the moment. There are four teams in for the title and around 8 teams in for the top 4 spot. This is an exciting season.
Fan of
Arsenal - Bayern

Uli Hoeness -" Let's say we charged €300. We'd get €2m more in income, but what's €2m to us? but the difference between €104 and €300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk."
Yoda
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League