You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-19] Arsenal F.C. vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
5%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
84%

Total votes : 81

Re: [2013-02-19] Arsenal F.C. vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Yoda wrote:None of the goals scored was beautiful

Did you see the first goal? :^o

I agree on most of your points though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Rogach » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Yoda wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:I read some forums from some other clubs fans...and it seems that people still doubt us...or are saying something like...Bayern got lucky Arsenal didnt play their A game or something.
While in truth we were the ones that didnt play to 100% when going forward on counter attacks while being quite solid at defending.

To be honest, they are right. But we havent played our A game since Anfield in september. If we did play our A game - which is highly unlikely looking at our current form - we would beat Bayern. But it is also true it wasnt a totally dominating performance by Bayern. It would have been a Bayern win that way because you have better wingers, but both teams at their absolute best are not as far apart as the media and the current form wants you to believe.

No way would ARsenal beat Bayern even playing their A game. The gap in quality is HUGE! It's just that the english media presents english teams to the public as if they are decent. Schzny is medicore, Mertesacker is shit, koschelny is shit, sagna is medicore, vermalen is decent, wilshere is good, arteta is medicore, cazorla is good, podolski is good, giroud is medicore. Most of Bayern players fall into the category of world class. So how can you say they could have beaten BAyern???? Maybe if they got gifted 10 corners. Even Van Buyten is better then any Arsenal defender save maybe Vermalen. And please dont say they are good becouse they win against some team in the PL. The PL's quality has decresed dramaticly, as has Arsenals. The Bundesliga is a better league then the PL and that's clear as day nowadays. The only decent team in the PL is ManU and even they are nowhere near the spanish giants, the german giants, juventus and even Shakhtar.... So please calm you fanatasies down and open you eyes...
Rogach
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 pm

AdepT wrote:ON another note, I get what you're saying but the arm-band isn't exactly white when we play in CL.

LOL. There was a time in football where captain's bands were either black or white; at least on this side of the pond. Thanks for the heads up. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Rogach wrote:No way would ARsenal beat Bayern even playing their A game. The gap in quality is HUGE!

Not only that, Bayern is well coached (managed if you are British), strategically structured with a sound plan to win. Arsenal these days is poorly managed; Arsene Wenger is inexplicably going through a metamorphosis and right now he sucks big time. True he does not have the top quality he used to be, specially he has a weak defensive line but if you analyze this game Arsenal problems were more tactical as a team that individual shortcomings. I can go over the 10 or 12 chances that Bayern created but due to the lack of time and space let’s just look at the 3 goals they conceded:

1) 1st Goal: A trade mark shot by Kroos from a trade mark cross from the wide open wing position by Muller. Now, if you are Bayern fan, if you have watched Kroos and Muller play how many times both have done exactly the same thing? MANY! First Arteta failed to get closer to Muller, he stopped his run 10 yards short with plenty of time, that allowed Muller to aim his cross with accuracy, then Arsenal tucked in an overpopulated defensive line with no man loose on the front to mark the red zone, that gave space for the cross to pass through and for Kroos to have a clean contact. Where were the Arsenal scouts? Anyone could figure out this is a common set up used by Bayern.
2) 2nd Goal: A trademark move by Van Buyten from the center to the first post to head a corner sailing to the first post. Nobody, absolutely nobody followed DVB, how many times DVB tried the same header in the BL? MANY. Where were the Arsenal scouts? Anyone could figure out this is a common set up used by Bayern.
3) 3rd Goal: How many times Lahm overlap to run close to the end line and send a low cross between the goal and the incoming strikers, not a few games ago but on this game? MANY! What game was Arsene Wenger coaching? Anyone could figure out was a common set up used by Bayern in this game.

I just watched a CL debate show and they were talking about how this Bayern team looks eager to win, how they fight every ball, how they play with such intensity for 90 minutes while they still stayed organized that it is hard to do anything against them. They showed footage of every time Walcott broke freeand how he sent the ball towards the empty space and sprint to it but by the time he raised his head again he was surrounded by Bayern players already, one of the commentators actually described Dante as a big spider that runs to you a wraps you with all 8 legs and you feel suffocated: what a way to describe what Dante does!
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AdepT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Cazorla wrote:He looks good in Arsenal shirt. =D>

He looks good still...

'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:57 pm

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Jorge wrote:one of the commentators actually described Dante as a big spider that runs to you a wraps you with all 8 legs and you feel suffocated: what a way to describe what Dante does!

Where is Borusse? Now you see what he can do. You'll be walking into a trap on Wednesday .

And as you said all three were typical Bayern goals. Mueller's cross into Kroos. Correcting a missed header due to GK's mistake. And Lahm racing down the flank and putting in a cross just a metre or two ahead of the goal-line.
Even the against goal was typical us. Neuer being over-zealous :mrgreen: . He did say later that he didn't hear any call for 'Goalie' neither he himself made it, so he thought it'd be taken care of by someone. Javi and Basti could've done better. But WTH? We won 3-1. 8)

As for our defensive tactics we were very efficient and have been all season. And it all starts with our front quartet tracing back quickly for defensive roles to whichever position was near to them. Mandzukic has a clear advantage over Gomez in this area though Gomez does track back most of the times, Mandzu has been more effective. That is why even if he couldn't score in previous CL games, he made his presence felt. So many times Kroos or Mueller take up his role as he moves further back. Watching Robben make those defensive tackles is also awesome. He is all fired up to get into the starting line-up. :D
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Well, I heard commentators saying Hummels makes defending an art because he does it with style. :) Dante is just a solid worker, Hummels and his defending are symbols of elegance. 8) So stick with your D-Wall, I prefer my Super Hummels. :)
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Didn't you hear them say that Hummels rocket is crashing into the ground seeing how he has been performing lately? :twisted:
But for the goal he scored against Shakhtar, he'd have been at Earth's core by now seeing his super crashing speed. :P :lol:

I am delighted with the WALL we have. =P~
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Rogach wrote:So how can you say they could have beaten BAyern????

Because Chelsea did.

Sorry for bringing it up, but the truth is that this game showed us that we are not and will never be unbeatable. I think that that has had a good effect on our performances this season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Rogach wrote:So how can you say they could have beaten BAyern????

Because Chelsea did.

Sorry for bringing it up, but the truth is that this game showed us that we are not and will never be unbeatable. I think that that has had a good effect on our performances this season.

Chelsea also beat Barcelona, on regular time (at least we screw the game ourselves and lost it only on Penalty Kicks which is a a Russian Roulette) with that said: no team is unbeatable.

A Milan team that on paper is 3 notches below Barcelona proved it again yesterday.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MrLinky » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Borusse wrote:Well, I heard commentators saying Hummels makes defending an art because he does it with style. :) Dante is just a solid worker, Hummels and his defending are symbols of elegance. 8) So stick with your D-Wall, I prefer my Super Hummels. :)

Your symbol of elegance has been prone to errors this season, and you'll admit that if you're being objective. Obviously not questioning Hummels' general qualities here, but Dante has been the better defender thus far this season.

I expected a little more resistance from Arsenal in this one, considering that they had something to prove in front of their home crowd, after being eliminated from the FA cup by a second division club at the weekend. The two early goals killed their gameplan though and we were just the better, dominant team. Our defensive structure is really something to be proud of this season, their goal came from a corner that evidently shouldn't have been one, apart from that they only had that Giroud chance. And Wilshere is a fantastic footballer, Arsenal are lucky to have him! They should look to build a stronger team around him in the future, if they don't want him to become next on their list of their best players being sold.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 pm

MrLinky wrote:Your symbol of elegance has been prone to errors this season, and you'll admit that if you're being objective. Obviously not questioning Hummels' general qualities here, but Dante has been the better defender thus far this season.

Hard to disagree.

As for Dante, I think it is whole Bayern playing awesome in defence and Dante is a well fitting piece of the puzzle. Same for Dortmund, Hummels is playing worse because Dortmund is playing worse. He steps up to the challenge in the big games and that is most important, against Real he was simply magical as was the whole team. :)

And he is a symbol of elegance. When in form he takes the ball from the rival which such class and precision, its as much entertaining as watching someone dribble through couple of players or keeper making a great save. :wink: Would never trade Mats for anyone.

PS We know the line between joking and giving an actuall opinion or insulting so its all good here. :P
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MrLinky » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Yea, we can agree on that basis. Against us I thought Hummels was Dortmund's best player too. I stopped counting how many times he deflected a pass that would have put one of our players through or just put his foot in to stop us from marching forward with numbers. He had his ups and downs this season.

Are you a German Dortmund fan? The club's international fanbase is just starting to grow now, isn't it?
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby BayernLove » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 pm

MrLinky wrote:Are you a German Dortmund fan? The club's international fanbase is just starting to grow now, isn't it?

He's actually Polish.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League