You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-19] Arsenal F.C. vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
5%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
84%

Total votes : 81

Re: [2013-02-19] Arsenal F.C. vs Bayern Munich

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Fine thanks bro!! I've been around reading some posts, but with no time to write.
However now I'm on holiday so I expect to be around here more often :wink:
Let's hope our team keep the form of this half of the season!!
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby SurreyGooner » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:48 pm

The reason why I think you will beat us with relative ease is because the quality of the Premier League has declined in some respects IMO.

Does anyone here watch Premier League football?

The top sides have declined, while the lower sides seem to be getting better.

My team (Arsenal) have had a massive fall from grace since the stadium move, Chelsea although being subsidised with lots of money and having big names, aren't anything amazingly special, City on paper are a cut above everyone else, but Mancini keeps getting his tactics wrong and he cannot motivate his players and Man United, although they have a frightening strike force, their midfield is average and their defence can't maintain focus for the full 90 which is why they are shipping goals left, right and centre. And Liverpool have been very average for the last 4 years now courtesy of Hicks & Gilette.

The fact that this United side is 6 points ahead of all the other sides & 15 points ahead of 3rd place goes to show how the top sides aren't what they used to be anymore. Norwich, Swansea, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle are all starting to show that they aren't afraid to attack the top teams.

As far as entertainment goes, I think nothing is better than the Premier League. It's just so unpredictable, that anywhere from 3rd to 12th at the moment is just so incredibly tight, but the quality of defending is just so shocking. In terms of good football. the Bundesliga is the best I've seen from the main continental leagues and Dortmund, Bayern and Schalke have represented Germany very well in the Champions League, the first two being the standout performers in the competition thus far.

Looking at your side....Robben, Ribery, Shaqiri, Mandzukic, Gomez, Mueller, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Gustavo....all top class players and on paper, you could easily destroy this fairly average Arsenal team. It promises to be an enticing affair, but I will be bricking it through both legs!
SurreyGooner
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:04 pm

quaazi wrote:

A warmup video. That Scholl free kick is a goddamn freak of nature.

What a goal... With Manninger in goals!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2012-12-20] Bayern Munich vs ??? — Champions League dra

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:51 pm

I have only seen Arsenal being though much of a "joke", and to be fair I can see why there is such an opinion. Arsenal have been on the decline last few years, but to be honest, if we can put out a

I dont see why you would make a joke of us. Especially, seeing that people here have a complaint with our defence, we are the second best defence in the league this season, better than the likes of Chelsea, and the Mancity clubs, and infact, if our attack would have been as good as the defence, we would have been top of the table.

I would rather expect this to be a more tightly contested match than expected, especially because we have Steve Bould in the backroom :)
Fan of
Arsenal - Bayern

Uli Hoeness -" Let's say we charged €300. We'd get €2m more in income, but what's €2m to us? but the difference between €104 and €300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk."
Yoda
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: Profile: Champions League opponents Arsenal

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:03 pm

The season has been disappointing for us Gooners, but to be fair, the media makes more of the crisis than actually exists at Arsenal. The only "bad" performances this season have been against Manu, Swansea, Schalke and Bradford. We gave Mancity a game at their home and beat the much higher spending Tottemham and Liverpool quite convincingly. We have also won the last two league fixtures comprehensively and things are looking up.

The performances against Schalke were no doubt worrying, but they came during the rather low form period the club was going through. The season has been a very tumultous till now and we have never known which Arsenal will show up on the pitch - the ones who beat Barca 2-1 at home or the one who lost to Bradford. The coming month is important and I am sure the team will see atleast two reinforcements to the squad.

Bayern are a good side. On paper, they have been better than Arsenal for the last couple of years and they have a very strong present squad, but I would like to point out, without being a jerk, that Bayern and Barcelona both lost to the Chelsea side who we beat 5-3 at their home :P
Fan of
Arsenal - Bayern

Uli Hoeness -" Let's say we charged €300. We'd get €2m more in income, but what's €2m to us? but the difference between €104 and €300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk."
Yoda
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby BayernLove » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Yoda wrote: I would like to point out, without being a jerk, that Bayern and Barcelona both lost to the Chelsea side who we beat 5-3 at their home :P

It doesn't matter, it's a matter of form, playstyle, tactics, so on.
Every team plays differently against every other team.
By the way, which Arsenal forum(s) are you on?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 pm

I usually look at Online Arsenal forum that to me is the best....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BayernLove » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 pm

I used to, but it's kinda meh.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Yoda wrote:I have only seen Arsenal being though much of a "joke", and to be fair I can see why there is such an opinion. Arsenal have been on the decline last few years, but to be honest, if we can put out a

I dont see why you would make a joke of us. Especially, seeing that people here have a complaint with our defence, we are the second best defence in the league this season, better than the likes of Chelsea, and the Mancity clubs, and infact, if our attack would have been as good as the defence, we would have been top of the table.

I would rather expect this to be a more tightly contested match than expected, especially because we have Steve Bould in the backroom :)

I am an Arsenal sympathizer but no offense, the pas 2 to3 years Arsenal have been depressing to watch. It all started when I watched them play Newcastle a couple years back and go up 4-0 at HT and end up giving up 4 goals to end with a draw at 4-4. Thats when i noticed Arsenal's decline, then More of those type of situations happened and I knew Arsenal are not the team once called "invincible" anymore. Especially after selling your best player to FUKING MANCHESTER UNITED, I HATE MAN U!!!! Why would anyone in there right mind do that, and to add insult to injury he scored on in an embarrassing defeat and RVP is saving Man U just as much as he saved Arsenal. If Bayern loses to Arsenal i will be utterly embarrassed.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:02 pm

SurreyGooner wrote:The reason why I think you will beat us with relative ease is because the quality of the Premier League has declined in some respects IMO.

Does anyone here watch Premier League football?

The top sides have declined, while the lower sides seem to be getting better.

My team (Arsenal) have had a massive fall from grace since the stadium move, Chelsea although being subsidised with lots of money and having big names, aren't anything amazingly special, City on paper are a cut above everyone else, but Mancini keeps getting his tactics wrong and he cannot motivate his players and Man United, although they have a frightening strike force, their midfield is average and their defence can't maintain focus for the full 90 which is why they are shipping goals left, right and centre. And Liverpool have been very average for the last 4 years now courtesy of Hicks & Gilette.

The fact that this United side is 6 points ahead of all the other sides & 15 points ahead of 3rd place goes to show how the top sides aren't what they used to be anymore. Norwich, Swansea, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle are all starting to show that they aren't afraid to attack the top teams.

As far as entertainment goes, I think nothing is better than the Premier League. It's just so unpredictable, that anywhere from 3rd to 12th at the moment is just so incredibly tight, but the quality of defending is just so shocking. In terms of good football. the Bundesliga is the best I've seen from the main continental leagues and Dortmund, Bayern and Schalke have represented Germany very well in the Champions League, the first two being the standout performers in the competition thus far.

Looking at your side....Robben, Ribery, Shaqiri, Mandzukic, Gomez, Mueller, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Gustavo....all top class players and on paper, you could easily destroy this fairly average Arsenal team. It promises to be an enticing affair, but I will be bricking it through both legs!

Wow nice assesment :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm

The main thing, disregarding all tables and current tournaments, is that Arsenal is a proactive (averaging 60% possession per game, only behind teams like Barcelona and Bayern with 63%), defensively suspect team. And Bayern loves playing such teams. Nor is Arsenal's pressing game as refined as Dortmund's or Mainz', against whom we've recently managed to string good results together anyway.

Seriously, you saw what the Dortmund team in full song did against City and Real - that's the kind of quality Bayern has had to compete with these recent years (both Dortmund and the teams they beat). Even though Arsenal's pressing has received plaudits through Wenger's career, there's just no comparison to be made by this ultra-reactive trend in German football.

Basically, Arsenal is the perfect opponent for us. Important and prestigious enough to avoid Bate/Basel style brainfarts, tactically rigid and proactive enough to not be able to counter Bayern's game effectively, leaving Arsenal with one mere chance - to plain outplay Bayern. And quite frankly, it will take some game from the perennially overrated Wilshere, Ramsey and Arteta (okay, Diaby is actually pretty decent) to force their game over the far more balanced trio of Schweinsteiger, Martinez and Kroos (with Gustavo another choice, being a member of the trio that completely suffocated Real Madrid's midfield in the Bernabeu!).

I'm not even trying to trash talk, I'm just interested as to why the English speaking media (and by extension, the English fans) do not rate Bayern's real strength enough.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Our away games in CL this season have been very poor (BATE, Lille, Valencia) and another average performance @ Emirates Stadium would be very dangerous for the second leg because Arsenal is a good team on counters and they have very fast players on the wings

English teams are really hard to defeat at their own stadium and even though Arsenal always manages to suck against big teams I think we will have a lot of trouble against them.

Of course we are favourites, but it won't be easy.

How is Wilshere playing? I remember him controlling Barça's midfield 2 years ago. He was a really great player before his injury but I haven't seen him recently
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:It all started when I watched them play Newcastle a couple years back and go up 4-0 at HT and end up giving up 4 goals to end with a draw at 4-4.

Feels like another match, dunnit? :wink:
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Yoda wrote:I dont see why you would make a joke of us. Especially, seeing that people here have a complaint with our defence, we are the second best defence in the league this season, better than the likes of Chelsea, and the Mancity clubs, and infact, if our attack would have been as good as the defence, we would have been top of the table.

Well, third actually, though Chelski has played one game less. But with Benitez in charge, you can bet it'll be another dull 0-0.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Podolski - We have a chance to beat Bayern

Podolski exclusive
Lukas on Bayern Munich and his start at Arsenal

Get Arsenal Player
By Nik Brumsack

Lukas Podolski expects Bayern Munich to provide a stiff test of Arsenal’s Champions League credentials.

The Germany international is set for for a reunion with one of his former clubs after the Gunners were paired with the Bundesliga leaders at Friday’s draw for the last 16.

Bayern were runners-up to Chelsea in last season’s Champions League but Podolski believes Arsenal have the quality to progress to the quarter-finals.

“They played in the final in 2010 and last year,” he told Arsenal Player.

“It’s a big club but we have the chance to win against Bayern Munich. They have a very good team with big players.

“They have Gomez up front, they have Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm, Manuel Neuer. There are two matches, one at home [and] one away. Both teams have the chance to win.”
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League