You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-19] Arsenal F.C. vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Arsenal F.C. will win
5%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
84%

Total votes : 81

Re: [2013-02-19] Arsenal F.C. vs Bayern Munich

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Did you see the first goal? :^o

I agree on most of your points though.

Yes I did. Beautiful for me is like the goal Argentina scored against Montenegro in the 2006 WC. That is the epitome of it. But "Beautiful" goal means pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-through ball-flick back-goal.
Kroos's goal was more "spectacular" than beautiful.

MoFattal wrote: I hope, for your sake, that he doesn't end up wearing a blue shirt next season.

Jack is contracted with us till 2018. No worries there :D

tflags wrote:Now, would you like to discuss our midfield or are you ready to join the Dark Side? :P

Comfortable with my position, I am :P
I do agree that it is rather a poor time to try and bring up a defence of Arsenal, but I watch them play week in week out, and I know that they havent even come close to showing what they are capable of. When people say that Vermaelen is mediocre, Koscielny is shit, etc, I understand because you will always be judged by your last game. But trust me when I say that Koscielny and Vermaelen can be the best CB pairing in the world IF, and its a big if, they decide somehow that they need to do it. They have done it before, I can remember two occasions as of now, and they are capable, but why the players DO NOT perform is something I wouldnt like to speculate upon.

Rogach wrote:No way would ARsenal beat Bayern even playing their A game. The gap in quality is HUGE! It's just that the english media presents english teams to the public as if they are decent.

We would. Remember I also said that if both teams play their A game, Bayern would win, because ultimately you edge us on strength. But if Bayern dont play their A game, and Arsenal do, Arsenal can win. Remeber the time in 2006 when Arsenal had to go to Real Madrid against the Galacticos and everybody wrote us off, Arsenal played their A game, Real didnt, and we won. It has happened, it can happen. There is nothing impossible about that, but it is not a safe bet, of course.

Jorge wrote:Arsenal problems were more tactical as a team that individual shortcomings.

Now here you are wrong. Statistics will show you that. Arsenal have conceded 13 times from individual errors in the PL this season, which is more than any other side. In this game also, Kroos's goal was a direct result of Per failing to close him down quickly enough. Other one was Szczesny again doing a Blackburn and pawing the ball straight to an opponent. Third was again Ramsey not willing to put in a block to the cross. All stemming from small individual errors. That has been the problem this season. Too many mistakes that shouldnt have been made.

Bayern are themselves not immune to them, as Neuer showed. But you are just more effective in taking advantage of them when the other team commits it. Super-Efficient, that sums up Bayern this season. And that is, again I say, the difference between the teams right now.
Fan of
Arsenal - Bayern

Uli Hoeness -" Let's say we charged €300. We'd get €2m more in income, but what's €2m to us? but the difference between €104 and €300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk."
Yoda
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:47 pm

As BayernLove said, Im polish. Anyway, lets not spread the Hummels love all over this thread. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Yoda wrote:Jack is contracted with us till 2018. No worries there :D

Maybe that is the reason he was so sad after the game.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Y2J » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 pm

What's with the 72 banner?
Y2J
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Jorge wrote:Arsenal problems were more tactical as a team that individual shortcomings.

Yoda wrote:Now here you are wrong. Statistics will show you that. Arsenal have conceded 13 times from individual errors in the PL this season, which is more than any other side. In this game also, Kroos's goal was a direct result of Per failing to close him down quickly enough. Other one was Szczesny again doing a Blackburn and pawing the ball straight to an opponent. Third was again Ramsey not willing to put in a block to the cross. All stemming from small individual errors. That has been the problem this season. Too many mistakes that shouldnt have been made.

Bayern are themselves not immune to them, as Neuer showed. But you are just more effective in taking advantage of them when the other team commits it. Super-Efficient, that sums up Bayern this season. And that is, again I say, the difference between the teams right now.

Maybe we speak a different language: an individual player that is out position, or actually a sum of individual players that out of position - as it was the case for all 3 goals- for a predictable play is called in my dictionary a tactical problem. As I said all these 3 goals are carbon copy of many, many similar buildups that Bayern produces or even produced in this game before the actual goal was conceded and all were preventable with an adequate team defensive setup which would have not exposed any individual weakness.

Anyway, it is good to read a different opinion. =D>
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Anyway, it is good to read a different opinion.

I think it's a little bit of both. Tactics were bad but they neither have the players to really compete with us. They've had a serious and steady decline in terms of player quality in the last few years. They have gotten themselves in a difficult situation because they aren't that alluring anymore to top players---especially if they are Europa League bound next season.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

walter wrote:
Anyway, it is good to read a different opinion.

I think it's a little bit of both. Tactics were bad but they neither have the players to really compete with us. They've had a serious and steady decline in terms of player quality in the last few years. They have gotten themselves in a difficult situation because they aren't that alluring anymore to top players---especially if they are Europa League bound next season.

True, also if you look at Bayern’s potential starters: Lahm, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger and Muller developed in the club's academy while Kroos and Alaba joined the team as underaged before they became pro. Today's Bayern team is the result of a long term project, hence you have a fully synchronized team molded to what the club envisioned with the addition of some high caliber international stars that find the club attractive enough that they do not leave. Add to the mix the high percentage of German and Bavarian players and identity is another factor helping the cohesion and understanding between players.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 am

Yoda wrote:Yes I did. Beautiful for me is like the goal Argentina scored against Montenegro in the 2006 WC. That is the epitome of it. But "Beautiful" goal means pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-through ball-flick back-goal.
Kroos's goal was more "spectacular" than beautiful.

Fair enough :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: [2013-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal F.C.

Postby fcbww » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:30 am

Official clarification regarding the banner shown in the Bayern sector in London last Tuesday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
fcbww
Hey, I'm new here!

Re: [2013-03-13] Bayern Munich vs Arsenal F.C.

Postby MoFattal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am

^ Outstanding.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League