You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-04-03] AC Milan vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:53 am

AC Milan win
7%
Draw
43%
Bayern Munich win
50%

Total votes : 14

[2007-04-03] AC Milan vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:53 am

This will be the first leg of the quarterfinal encounter against the Italian giants AC Milan, six times winners of the Champions League.

Bayern will be missing the services of Mark van Bommel through suspension.

Bayern have a very poor record against Italian teams, but especially against Milan. Last season, Bayern lost 4-1 away to AC Milan. What will happen this time round?
Last edited by MUTU on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:16 am

I´m hoping for a draw.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:19 am

I'm hoping for a win! But realistically I think we'll lose, especially since we don't have van Bommel. It will be very difficult to score against Milan because we will be dearly missing the creativity in midfield to feed the attackers good balls.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:45 pm

I will go with a win...we can beat them
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:15 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm hoping for a win! But realistically I think we'll lose, especially since we don't have van Bommel. It will be very difficult to score against Milan because we will be dearly missing the creativity in midfield to feed the attackers good balls.

I dunno about van bommels influence.... i think i'd like to see brazzo in the middle and gorlitz out on the right... i think we'll do just fine... if we lose hargreaves for the match we're boned... kaka's gonna have to be watched all match!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:01 pm

My prediction is a draw but honestly those Milanese will probably win. Maybe this is the year of Bayern's San Siro Special and we can bang out an impressive win but history is firmly against us. That being said I think a draw is entirely doable, 1-1 or even 2-2. As long as we get at least 1 away goal and don't get our asses handed to us like last time against Milan, I'm confident we can go through. Van Bommel missing is a blow given his recent importance, but I don't think he himself would make the difference. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hitzfeld trying out some other options in the coming weeks with this game in mind. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like this first leg will go a long way to determining who wins this tie.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:27 pm

for i'm still very positive after kicking that lame excuse of a club, i say we'll win.
van bommel will be dearly missed, though, but we've a bit of luck, we're definitely stand a chance.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mirage » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:37 pm

I believe Hitzfeld can get it right with Bayern for this match, so long as we don't make the same mistakes in defense as we did in Madrid. I voted win, but I think we will lose - I know :P it makes little sense why I voted win. wishful thinking I suppose. Hopefully it'll be a narrow victory for Milan.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:15 pm

I voted draw. A deadlock game in the first half, we score in the opening minutes of the second, only for Milan to score in the dying minutes of the match.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:01 am

So, Van Bommel is out of both legs, but so is Maldini due to a knee injury sustained on Sunday in the derby match against Inter.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:32 am

I was watching Football Fone In on FSC and the hosts were talking about the CL. Steven Cohen said this game was going to be a bore (he's an *******), but Nick Webster said that he thought Bayern would win it because Hitzfeld is no stranger to the CL and he has done wonders with the team.

Three football fans called in and two said that the CL final will be between Liverpool and Bayern. Both made comments that both Chelsea and Manchester United are going to choke. I hope they do choke because I want to see Liverpool and Bayern play in the final.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:55 am

MUTU wrote:So, Van Bommel is out of both legs, but so is Maldini due to a knee injury sustained on Sunday in the derby match against Inter.

Honestly I would have liked Malidini playing...;) He made sooooooooooo many mistakes against Inter..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby SNAKE » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:08 pm

Hey guys, since we are all waiting for this match, I'd say lets watch Milan Channel (if anyone has it) they are showing some of the matches against Bayern, yesterday they showed when the beaten us at Olympiastadion in 2002-2003 season (dunno how they beat us though). I only saw the second half which the line up was: Kahn - Salihamidzic, Linke, Kovac, Tarnat - Ze Roberto, Ballack, Hargreaves, Jeremies - Elber, Pizarro. Inzaghi scored at the 52nd minuted then Salihamidzic perfectly crossed to Pizarro and he headed it home and after a lot of pressure from Bayern, Seedorf and Serginho counter attacked and tap-in master Inzaghi headed above Linke and scored at the 84th minute.None the less Bayern played very well as a unit and in my opinion Ze Roberto was 1 of the top 3 best players in that unfortunate match. Sure its bad memories but its better to watch out past mistakes against Milan, so we could expect something similar from them.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:33 pm

SNAKE wrote:Hey guys, since we are all waiting for this match, I'd say lets watch Milan Channel (if anyone has it) they are showing some of the matches against Bayern.
SNAKE

Are you talking Milan Classics on FSC? I know they show old games of AC Milan but I've never watched it because it makes me sick. :lol:
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:41 pm

What do you all think of Gourcuff? he reminds me of Kaka *shudder*
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League