You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-04-03] AC Milan vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:53 am

AC Milan win
7%
Draw
43%
Bayern Munich win
50%

Total votes : 14

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:25 pm

MUTU wrote:Well I don't know SNAKE, I think you're the only guy I know is thinking it was an offside. The replays are pretty clear in my opinion. I agree with the yellow card, because he disobeyed the ref's whistle, but there was no offside.

As I said, in the first half the decision of the penalty is questionable. After watching all replays from all angles, some people will say that it was a penalty and others will say it wasn't a penalty. To bring an example, I saw the analysis on the Italian state TV channel RAI Due and the experts they got said that it was a penalty. They agreed that the full contact happened after Lucio had toe-poked the ball away, but as soon as he was slipping, he knocked his knee with the back of the shoe of Kaka. From their biased view, that was enough for a penalty. From our biased view, that wasn't enough for a penalty.

This is why I am saying it is questionable. If I thought it was definitely a penalty I would have said so. I *think* it's not a penalty, but I would understand someone who thinks it is a penalty. It's just not obvious because it's right at the borderline of the rules of the game. I suppose that even from watching the replays carefully, one referee might give the penalty whereas another may not give it.

As regards the penalty which was given, there is no doubt about that, it wasn't a penalty.

By the way, Podolski has some gross unsporting conduct, pulling Gattuso's leg whilst he's getting up, and making him (theatrically) fall over. If the referee had seen that, he may very well have sent him off, because it happened completely off-the-ball. I know Gattuso does these sort of things himself, but it doesn't justify us doing them as well.

add me to the list...
I think it was a clear offside.....and it was not a penalty...two perfect tackles from Lucio..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:27 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Haha yeah that Podolski/Gattuso thing was hilarious! All the Milan fans where I was watching the game didn't react to it that much though, they're used to these kind of antics from Gattuso himself! Unfortunately, that was Podolski's only contribution to the game...

Players like these make their teams lose. How foolish of him...I am sure Ottmar blasted him after the game.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 pm

Gilardino was in line with Lucio. When 2 players are in line, even if a few centimetres are "offside" (which I don't think there were any, either), the flag should not go up. The flag goes up when the assistant referee (linesman) thinks that the player was well closer to the goal line, which generally means that he could see a ray of light between the two bodies. FCB.tv, biased as they obviously will be, show the replay and slow it down at the point and the commentator says it's clearly not an offside because the players are in line, same as all the match analysis shows I saw on TV.

The official FIFA Laws of the Game have this explanation, but I'm not sure if there's a more specific one for referees.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:40 pm

The future of goalkeeper Nelson Dida at AC Milan is again in doubt after his dodgy performance on Tuesday night against Bayern Munich.
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi was furious with the Brazilian's display in the 2-2 draw, says Gazzetta dello Sport, and referring to the bumper new deal Dida had just signed, the Rossoneri supremo turned to his No2, Adriano Galliani, and rapped: "How can we give £2.5 million to a goalkeeper who keeps making such mistakes?"

It's reported today that Dida could be offered to Juventus in part-exchange for Italy No1 Gigi Buffon. Marco Amelia (Livorno) and Artur Boruc (Celtic) have also again been linked with Milan.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:01 pm

first tackle can be said it was a foul but the second one clearly wasnt.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Romana » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:50 pm

now ...

it's all over guys

congrat_s my worst Milan

:(
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League