You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-04-03] AC Milan vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:53 am

AC Milan win
7%
Draw
43%
Bayern Munich win
50%

Total votes : 14

Postby Duncan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:19 pm

Short summary:

- offensive performance: we better forget talking about, just plain crappy. I still can me hear complaining "play quicker! Pass to the left!" etc

- defensive perfromance overall quite good but a bit shaky somehow due to mistakes by the fullbacks or DMs. The CB were rocksolid and Lucio was just amazing. Best man on the pitch by miles and both tackles were clearly the playing the ball!

Conclusion: Never call our Daniel Daniela again! Cheers! :lol:
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:44 pm

MUTU wrote:Saw the analysis after the match. First half tackle by Lucio on Kaka is questionable. Lucio's knee knocked the back of the shoe of Kaka, then the ball was touched and then the full contact. Questionable.

I dont agree with you here mate, 1) Kaka's hand was on Lucio's chest therefor he could have pushed him away from him and 2) Lucio clearly in my view that he made contact with the ball 1st then with his left knee made contact with Kaka's right leg.

Then they had a very valid goal ruled offside, with Gilardino being unfortunate at being suspended for 'scoring'.

Again I dont agree. Gilardino had already part of his body in the offside position therefor, Offside . Gilardino was unlucky at being booked but it was clearly that the linesman was right and he was stupid enough to continue the action.

But then the referee gave them a penalty which clearly wasn't.

I agree on this one, It wasnt a penalty, a clear dive but hey, we were playin with ac mafia with a russian(mafia) ref. so Rumenigge was clearly right.

From this perspective, it would seem that the referee was terrible but not really siding with everyone. However there were a lot of small niggling fouls that almost all went in favour of Milan.

Rummenigge was right, the ref was terrible.

The referee clearly was giving a little helping hand to our enemies.

Now, rants out of the way, our 2-2 is terrific! Man of the match - Van Buyten! I think our chances of progressing have greatly improved. With 0-0 or 1-1 in the return leg, we will go through! They won't have Gilardino, and we'll have Kahn and Van Bommel back.

I agree with you on this, great result on a evening which was everythin against us. We surprised Europe again.

But it's not all rosy. Sagnol injured his knee and needs to be operated. If everything runs optimally, he will be able to make a comeback before the end of the season, but this definitely rules him out for the return leg.

Well from my view we wont miss Sagnol, he really played awful tonight, though luck he is injured but thats life. I hope we will do better before the season ends.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:12 am

Defense was in fine form tonight. OK whenever Milan got forward I crapped my pants, but Lucio and Sagnol dealt with Kaka wonderfully.
Going forward we were nothing special. Pizarro deserves to start in Munich next week.

Milan did outplay us, but Bayern got that fighting spirit, and we never gave up!! What a way to end the match too... wooo Van Buyten :lol:

Big shame about Sagnol but he wasn't spectacular. Rensing played fine, those 2 great saves in first half. The Kaiser shouldn't be critcising him day of the game. But yes with Kahn and Van Bommel we will be so much stronger!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby snottyp » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:27 am

I agree with mirage, pizarro has to start the next game, podolski didnt do much, and even though we got that bs penalty shot against us, im more that happy with the result, especially considering how bad bayern played in the first half. Now milan has to deal with the allianz next week, i cant wait! BAAAAAYERN! BAAAAAYERN! BAAAAAAYERN!
snottyp
Getting the hang of it

Postby snottyp » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:46 am

btw, i was also impressed with Lell when he came in, I thought he did a good job coming forward and support the attack
snottyp
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:43 am

Lell was pretty good, and I agree Pizarro probably earned a start on Saturday if not next Wednesday. Podolski was invisible today, as he was against Schalke...honestly I thought Pizarro might start today for that reason. Willy getting injured is a huge bummer, I know he hasn't been that great all season but he is a presence and is capable of being great at any given time. Hopefully Lell or Gorlitz will be up to the task, which Lell looked like he might be today.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:47 am

Great result! Bayern didn't play better than Milan today, but heck this was cooler than playing better than an italian opponent but losing to them at the end, which is what always happens with German teams.
Maybe we can pay back to them next week in the Allianz Arena with some"catenachio" (spelling?) to see what happens. Poldi should stay in the starting lineup because Bayern could take adavantage of his pace if Hitzfeld's decides to play a conservative approach, i.e. counterattacking football.
Lell was a great substitute and added much needed pace on the right flank (Willy was certainly not having a good game).
Van Buyten ROCKS, he kicks the dead horses ass! :D
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:04 am

welcome to the board "walter" Image

hopefully we hear more from you, and the other new members
FC Bajern

Postby shydo1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:16 am

next week we have to play like we did in front of real madrid but better, we have to show them who we really are .i sad about sagnol :cry: but we have a slight advantage we have to earn it good.
shydo1
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:32 am

SNAKE wrote:I dont agree with you here mate, 1) Kaka's hand was on Lucio's chest therefor he could have pushed him away from him and 2) Lucio clearly in my view that he made contact with the ball 1st then with his left knee made contact with Kaka's right leg.

No. It was Lucio's knee to Gilardino's back of the foot first, there is absolutely no doubt about that, it happened just as soon as he started sliding. That's why it's questionable, whether knocking his foot slightly is enough contact for a penalty call. As for the full contact, that happened after the ball was touched, no doubt about that either.

SNAKE wrote:Again I dont agree. Gilardino had already part of his body in the offside position therefor, Offside . Gilardino was unlucky at being booked but it was clearly that the linesman was right and he was stupid enough to continue the action.

I know some of us can be really biased, but this is way too much bias. There is no way that Gilardino was offside. The latest rules say that any part of the defender's body can keep the attacker onside. Lucio's leg was outstretched backwards and definitely keeping Gilardino onside. If you watch some analysis of the match, it will remove any doubt for sure.

SNAKE wrote:Well from my view we wont miss Sagnol, he really played awful tonight, though luck he is injured but thats life. I hope we will do better before the season ends.

I think we will miss his crosses, especially from set pieces to Lucio's/Van Buyten's heads :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bm72 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:31 am

that was pretty grit by Bayern, they never gave up, anything's possible with Ottmar Hitzfeld !!

HAIL BAYERN MUNCHEN !!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby SNAKE » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:27 pm

MUTU wrote:No. It was Lucio's knee to Gilardino's back of the foot first, there is absolutely no doubt about that, it happened just as soon as he started sliding. That's why it's questionable, whether knocking his foot slightly is enough contact for a penalty call. As for the full contact, that happened after the ball was touched, no doubt about that either.

:roll: ...........1) It was Kaka not Gilardino. 2) Didnt you see Kaka's hand on Lucio's chest as an intention of pushing him away? So that was a it of a foul in my book. 3) 1st he(Lucio) MADE CONTACT WITH THE BALL with his right leg and with his left knee went in the back of the leg of Kaka. 4) There was no real penalty in this entire match.

I know some of us can be really biased, but this is way too much bias. There is no way that Gilardino was offside. The latest rules say that any part of the defender's body can keep the attacker onside. Lucio's leg was outstretched backwards and definitely keeping Gilardino onside. If you watch some analysis of the match, it will remove any doubt for sure.

:? ...........1) Im definitley not baised. 2) Actually of you have any part of your body in an offside position its called offside. 3) The Linesman made the call and he wasnt troubled at all, he had a CLEAR vision of it. 4) Gilardino had his left shoulder and head behind Lucio's leg, hence offside. 5) He was rightly booked. 6) I DID watch ALL the analysis of this match and carefully took everyones opinion(both online and offline), even my father who saw the entire match agreed with me on this entire match,(he is a Chelsea fan).

I think we will miss his crosses, especially from set pieces to Lucio's/Van Buyten's heads :(

Maybe true, but ever since Sagnol came off the team got better, in my opinion I would start with either Lell or Gorlitz either 1 is good enough to replace him. Besides Hargreaves and Schweinsteiger are better at Set Pieces.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:53 pm

Well I don't know SNAKE, I think you're the only guy I know is thinking it was an offside. The replays are pretty clear in my opinion. I agree with the yellow card, because he disobeyed the ref's whistle, but there was no offside.

As I said, in the first half the decision of the penalty is questionable. After watching all replays from all angles, some people will say that it was a penalty and others will say it wasn't a penalty. To bring an example, I saw the analysis on the Italian state TV channel RAI Due and the experts they got said that it was a penalty. They agreed that the full contact happened after Lucio had toe-poked the ball away, but as soon as he was slipping, he knocked his knee with the back of the shoe of Kaka. From their biased view, that was enough for a penalty. From our biased view, that wasn't enough for a penalty.

This is why I am saying it is questionable. If I thought it was definitely a penalty I would have said so. I *think* it's not a penalty, but I would understand someone who thinks it is a penalty. It's just not obvious because it's right at the borderline of the rules of the game. I suppose that even from watching the replays carefully, one referee might give the penalty whereas another may not give it.

As regards the penalty which was given, there is no doubt about that, it wasn't a penalty.

By the way, Podolski has some gross unsporting conduct, pulling Gattuso's leg whilst he's getting up, and making him (theatrically) fall over. If the referee had seen that, he may very well have sent him off, because it happened completely off-the-ball. I know Gattuso does these sort of things himself, but it doesn't justify us doing them as well.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:39 pm

Haha yeah that Podolski/Gattuso thing was hilarious! All the Milan fans where I was watching the game didn't react to it that much though, they're used to these kind of antics from Gattuso himself! Unfortunately, that was Podolski's only contribution to the game...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Duncan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 pm

MUTU wrote:Well I don't know SNAKE, I think you're the only guy I know is thinking it was an offside. The replays are pretty clear in my opinion. I agree with the yellow card, because he disobeyed the ref's whistle, but there was no offside.

Now you know two. And as long nobody presents me an replay with the angle the linesman actually had I still say his upper body is nearer than the defender's hoe.
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League