You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ottackon » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Bayern Munich is of course among eight teams seeded in Pot 1 for the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on 24 August along with the returning Spartak Moskva and, following Saturday's result in Cardiff, Shakhtar Donetsk, as 22 clubs are now confirmed for next season's competition.

Thanks to a system that began in 2015/16, Pot 1 for the group stage draw is formed by the holders and the champions of the top seven national associations as per the UEFA association club coefficient rankings at the end of season 2015/16 that formed the 2017/18 access list. But since Madrid won both the UEFA Champions League and the Spanish Liga, the newly vacated spot in Pot 1 is taken by the champions of the eighth-ranked association, Shakhtar Donetsk.

The remaining three pots will be formed as per the UEFA club coefficient rankings at the end of 2016/17.

Pot 1 for 2017/18 group stage draw
Holders: Real Madrid
Germany: Bayern München
England: Chelsea
Italy: Juventus
Portugal: Benfica
France: Monaco
Russia: Spartak Moskva
Ukraine: Shakhtar Donetsk

Pot 2 for 2017/18 group stage draw
Barcelona (ESP) 151.999
Atlético Madrid (ESP) 142.999
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) 126.333
Borussia Dortmund (GER) 124.899
Manchester City (ENG) 100.192
Porto (POR) 98.866
Manchester United (ENG) 95.192
The last spot is either for Sevilla* (ESP) 112.999, Napoli* (ITA) 88.666 or Tottenham (ENG) 77.192.

*Will have to go through the play-off round


Current coefficients of other teams provisionally qualified for group stage
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) 77.192
Basel (SUI) 74.415
Anderlecht (BEL) 58.840
Roma (ITA) 53.666
Beşiktaş (TUR) 45.840
Feyenoord (NED) 23.212
RB Leipzig (GER) 15.899


Places vacant
Play-offs: 10


The 2018 UEFA Champions League Final will be played at the NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Kiev, Ukraine on 26 May 2018

Image
Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Coman » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:01 pm

I want PSG, Manchester City or Manchester United.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
Location: Rosa
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 1400 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Hopefully Hoffenheim can manage through the preliminary rounds, gonna need as many BuLi sides in it with the potential of having five English clubs....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13975
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4626 times
Been thanked: 2948 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Mani » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:35 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Hopefully Hoffenheim can manage through the preliminary rounds, gonna need as many BuLi sides in it with the potential of having five English clubs....

They need to spend money this summer, they should take everything out of this experience. It's not like they will get to CL again, at least I doubt it
User avatar
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 am
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 pm

User avatar
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 689 times
Been thanked: 779 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13975
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4626 times
Been thanked: 2948 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Image

Our local champions have a tough one vs Red Bull Salzburg if they make it through. Good luck Bayernbazi :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30518
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8517 times
Been thanked: 7146 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Image

Our local champions have a tough one vs Red Bull Salzburg if they make it through. Good luck Bayernbazi :P

This year I pray that all Maltese clubs fail...
We were robbed from our right to play ...

Floriana and Balzan stand no chance in the Europa league...
Valletta were lucky to be drawn against a team from San Marino...

Hibernians may do it... the Estonian champs have no experience in Europe as this is only their second time in Europe. Last year being their first(were beaten by Hearts in the first round of the europa league,)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 25197
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21139 times
Been thanked: 5943 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:35 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Image

Our local champions have a tough one vs Red Bull Salzburg if they make it through. Good luck Bayernbazi :P

This year I pray that all Maltese clubs fail...
We were robbed from our right to play ...

Floriana and Balzan stand no chance in the Europa league...
Valletta were lucky to be drawn against a team from San Marino...

Hibernians may do it... the Estonian champs have no experience in Europe as this is only their second time in Europe. Last year being their first(were beaten by Hearts in the first round of the europa league,)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


Since this is against RB I couldn't resist not going - tonight I'll be there on the stands shouting 'Scheiss Red Bull' - wait, since we are from Paola it will be more likely '>$%$@€! %$€$*[^ kemm ghandkhom' - I'll be praying to our patron saint who out ranks your empress saint by far and wide :lol:
User avatar
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 545 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:45 am

Good luck , I will be trying to find it on Sat TV but I am not confident that I will manage to find a channel.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 25197
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21139 times
Been thanked: 5943 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 am

ramsej84 wrote:Good luck , I will be trying to find it on Sat TV but I am not confident that I will manage to find a channel.


Don't worry I know that you don't really mean that good luck :wink:
Joking apart, I know it will be a tough one but for me it is being more an anti-RB match by my home town team that incentives me to go.

I know I'll regret telling you this :lol: but will be transmitted live on ORF EINS (19.2 E)
http://tv.orf.at/program/orf1/20170711/#primetime
User avatar
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 545 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 am

Bayernbazi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Good luck , I will be trying to find it on Sat TV but I am not confident that I will manage to find a channel.


Don't worry I know that you don't really mean that good luck :wink:
Joking apart, I know it will be a tough one but for me it is being more an anti-RB match by my home town team that incentives me to go.

I know I'll regret telling you this :lol: but will be transmitted live on ORF EINS (19.2 E)
http://tv.orf.at/program/orf1/20170711/#primetime


I am not against your participation cause you obtained it by winning the league so I am not going to be against Hibs.
On the contrary I wish the citizens a big defeat as they shouldn't have been there... I guess you know the story!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 25197
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21139 times
Been thanked: 5943 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 am

I'm expecting around a 5 goal deficit on aggregate but all behind Hibs for this round


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30518
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8517 times
Been thanked: 7146 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:40 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Good luck , I will be trying to find it on Sat TV but I am not confident that I will manage to find a channel.


Don't worry I know that you don't really mean that good luck :wink:
Joking apart, I know it will be a tough one but for me it is being more an anti-RB match by my home town team that incentives me to go.

I know I'll regret telling you this :lol: but will be transmitted live on ORF EINS (19.2 E)
http://tv.orf.at/program/orf1/20170711/#primetime


I am not against your participation cause you obtained it by winning the league so I am not going to be against Hibs.
On the contrary I wish the citizens a big defeat as they shouldn't have been there... I guess you know the story!


Yes sure the MFA found some excuse to suspend your UEFA license over some technicality. I hate this Valletta favouritism in everything starting with TV sport reporting and coverage and in more serious issues like this. It's as if they've got the divine right to win and if others do it its just a fluke.
User avatar
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 545 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby prasun77 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:50 pm

I take my words back...Enroll enroll fast in the ucl... :lol: :lol:
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 641 times
Been thanked: 1017 times
Gender: Male

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 6 guests