You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Lukas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
Lukas wrote:Congratulations to all the "English" clubs who qualified, with their German, Portuguese, Argentinian, Italian and Spanish coaches, and 90% foreign squads. Really making English football great

I think English football are actually trying new ideas. Look at the U-19/17 sides of the ENG NTs, and Spurs, City and Chelsea youths. It is hard for the English football people to realize they have been left behind and take measure as a pursuer. It seems they have accepted it. I appreciate their mindset.

However, the overconfident atmosphere created by the English media may still be harmful for English football.

The success of the England youth teams is a positive sign, and good luck to them. They are all on the books of clubs like Liverpool, City and Chelsea, but the chances of them playing regular first team football for these clubs are unlikely when they can just go out and spend 50m on some South American or whatever. So they are then just sold or loaned out to lower PL clubs or lower league clubs where the standard of football isn't as high and they learn to play the typical English way. Admittedly that isn't the fault of the elite clubs. English football as a whole needs to change its approach to playing the game
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 am

Lukas wrote:Even watching a neutral match (RM v BVB) you can't escape the Brit media hype about their five teams in the knockout stage and how it could finally be the PL's year again. They've just had a five minute debate about which PL team has the best chance while ignoring the game going on in front of them :twisted:

You even get other clubs' fans saying they "want the English teams to do well". Why? They're rival clubs who suck money out of the game lower down the English league system so smaller clubs can never progress! A strong PL top 4/5/6, whatever it is, is bad for English football as a whole as it means the rich get richer still so they can keep buying expensive players from abroad and neglect young English players.

Here in Malta I keep reading we will have 2 English teams in the final.

Anyone willing to take up a bet against me that there will be 0-1 English teams in the semi final?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:7-0 for Pool....
I don't wish to face Mane Salah Firmino Coutinho

I think quite the contrary. Big wins can give them confidence, but overconfidence can be lethal. We are completely a different team now, compared to the ridiculous pre-season Bayern. Pool's overconfidence, if grown to a state they think we are Shakhtar level, will be their undoing. Their defense cannot handle Lewa and his friends.

My Liverpool friend is only afraid of us. Confident against Real and Juve
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 am

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 am

:lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:Even watching a neutral match (RM v BVB) you can't escape the Brit media hype about their five teams in the knockout stage and how it could finally be the PL's year again. They've just had a five minute debate about which PL team has the best chance while ignoring the game going on in front of them :twisted:

You even get other clubs' fans saying they "want the English teams to do well". Why? They're rival clubs who suck money out of the game lower down the English league system so smaller clubs can never progress! A strong PL top 4/5/6, whatever it is, is bad for English football as a whole as it means the rich get richer still so they can keep buying expensive players from abroad and neglect young English players.

Here in Malta I keep reading we will have 2 English teams in the final.

Anyone willing to take up a bet against me that there will be 0-1 English teams in the semi final?

last time they had five (I stand to be corrected) the final was played between Man U and Chelsea
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:A big cheer somewhere in the stadium for Besiktas's late winning goal. I thought their fans were banned...
Did't you know that 1/3 germany is Turk?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Now I know where your paranoia comes from...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League