You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Yep, they are good on the attack. But their defense is shaky as hell.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fernandao_hmetal » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Bale already on a yellow with a pathetic dive... Should've seen the second yellow/red...

But it's Madrid, so...
fernandao_hmetal
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Serious question marks about that Dortmund starting line-up though. How does Bosz not start Pulisic, Dahoud and Bartra? Or are they already focussing on BuLi?
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:09 pm

If BVB win both games vs the Cypriot tm and Tott lose both matches vs Real ... ... ...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:RBL ,0-2

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

And imagine them when Keita is gone in the next season,Forsberg probably in Milan jersey and Wener taken by some european giant.
Leicester 2.0 ,but at least Leicester did something in CL.

Have you even watched the game?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 pm

didn't see the game, Why was Werner subbed' off at 31'?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:03 pm

Roonzil wrote:Serious question marks about that Dortmund starting line-up though. How does Bosz not start Pulisic, Dahoud and Bartra? Or are they already focussing on BuLi?

Pulisic is still very young and developing and Phillip and (particularly) Yarmenlenko have performed well recently, so it wasn't an obvious choice.

Dortmund also has a lot of very good options for midfield like Gotze, Sahin, Kagawa, Castro, Weigl, and Dahoud(6 for good players for 3 spots in midfield) and Weigl and Dahoud are still very young, so the choice wasn't obvious there either(personally, I would replace Castro with someone else, but that's just me).

The really puzzling decision was not playing Bartra because Dortmund's other center backs are crap and the only other really good defender, Schmelzer, is out. Predictably, Dortmund allowed Real Madrid too many chance.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:04 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:didn't see the game, Why was Werner subbed' off at 31'?

Circulatory failure. And Keita was in danger of being sent off with a yellow-red very early on. Hence my question. Those two weren't exactly a factor that lifted Leipzig's game to another level. Quite the contrary. Not that I'm blaming Werner, but I do blame Keita.

It was a chaotic game. The audience turned the stadium into a hell hole. Ear-deafening whistles every time a Leipzig player touched the ball. Around the 60th minute, the floodlights broke down. Game interrupted for about 15 minutes until the electricians repaired the damage.

Leipzig failed to convert tons of chances after the break. Hit the post, shot inches wide, thwarted by the goalkeeper.

Monaco lost to Porto 0-3 at home. Besiktas now leading the group with 6 point. Who would have thought.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:08 pm

RedQueen wrote:Circulatory failure.

Oh gosh sound horrible. Is he OK? So he also has some problem at the heart?

btw @goalimpact on twitter predicted 50% win probability for Besiktas.

Looks like a pretty sh1t start for BL teams this week. Hope this season will not be comparable to the 03-04 season where BL teams amassed 4.x points in Europe competitions.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:11 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Circulatory failure.

Oh gosh sound horrible. Is he OK? So he also has some problem at the heart?

btw @goalimpact on twitter predicted 50% win probability for Besiktas.

Looks like a pretty sh1t start for BL teams this week. Hope this season will not be comparable to the 03-04 season where BL teams amassed 4.x points in Europe competitions.

They said after the game that he felt better. No idea what the problem was. Haven't heard anything that this has happened before with Werner.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Roonzil wrote:Or are they already focussing on BuLi?

IMO it is predictable. They don't have many good chances to give a shot at BL given our horrible form. But with APOEL they basically can't finish 4th so they will still have to play through the KO stage of EL.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:21 pm

RedQueen wrote:They said after the game that he felt better. No idea what the problem was. Haven't heard anything that this has happened before with Werner.

They say he wore earplugs and requested to be subbed off due to the noise in the Turkish stadium. But he played at Auf-Schalke... Doesn't sound credible to me
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Lukas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:22 pm

RedQueen wrote:
FCB12Forever wrote:didn't see the game, Why was Werner subbed' off at 31'?

Circulatory failure. And Keita was in danger of being sent off with a yellow-red very early on. Hence my question. Those two weren't exactly a factor that lifted Leipzig's game to another level. Quite the contrary. Not that I'm blaming Werner, but I do blame Keita.

It was a chaotic game. The audience turned the stadium into a hell hole. Ear-deafening whistles every time a Leipzig player touched the ball. Around the 60th minute, the floodlights broke down. Game interrupted for about 15 minutes until the electricians repaired the damage.

Leipzig failed to convert tons of chances after the break. Hit the post, shot inches wide, thwarted by the goalkeeper.

Monaco lost to Porto 0-3 at home. Besiktas now leading the group with 6 point. Who would have thought.

It's Turkey what do you expect? It's impossible to watch games from there because of that horrid whistling they do. God knows what it's like to have to put up with it at the stadium. Even as the home team it must be pretty annoying. Werner's thing sounds worrying. Hope it's not one of these problems that force early retirement. Germany needs him for the future.

Overall nothing we didn't know about tonight. BL has fallen a long way behind.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:
RedQueen wrote:They said after the game that he felt better. No idea what the problem was. Haven't heard anything that this has happened before with Werner.

They say he wore earplugs and requested to be subbed off due to the noise in the Turkish stadium. But he played at Auf-Schalke... Doesn't sound credible to me

Don't know who said that. On Sky they said he requested the ear plugs because he felt dizzy, but it didn't help, and he had circulatory and breathing problems.

Ilsanker said the noise was so loud he couldn't even hear anything that was shouted five meters away.
Last edited by RedQueen on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 pm

RedQueen wrote:Don't know who said that.

The Turkish guys on Twitter... Of course that won't count towards credibility..

Lukas wrote: BL has fallen a long way behind.

Depends on who BL falls behind of. If you say EPL, La Liga, Oh ofc. But what is really worrying is Ligue1. IIRC BL is about 20 points ahead of Ligue 1, watch the gap, right? But if we take off the points from 13 - 14 next year, where BL earned about 10 points more than Ligue 1, and Ligue 1 happens to earn 14 + points this season and BL only earns 4.x points... Oops, they are about to tie.

#5 league in Europe --> 3 CL seats.
Last edited by FCB12Forever on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League