You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 pm

America USA wrote:Fu¢k me! Atletico vs Chelsea is on the same day as PSG vs Bayern! I wanted to see Simeone vs Conte live but now I'll have to settle with the replay I guess.

The group stage is really unbalanced this year as far as big games go. Most of the popular teams play on the same day.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 pm

America USA wrote:Italian referees hate German teams. Dortmund had I believe two goals incorrectly ruled out for offside. Oh and btw Bosz is a very inflexible and naïve manager. He was brutally exposed by Mourinho in the EL final. Shame on Dormund for hiring him after an okay season with Ajax.
My same thoughts... bvb and us had an italian ref... coincidence?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said, BL teams are going downhill whereas PL is clearly on the rise now. Sad but true :(

Hey ramsej do you still think that Napoli is better than PSG? :^o
It is only one match. PSG played Cletic ffs...
Plus yes I prefer bayern to avoid tms like Napoli and play psg

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:15 am

aterford wrote:I must admit I thought it was a puzzling appointment as well (Bosz)

I think it was because Bosz was the only available "decent" choice they have. They were after Favre but were scolded away by Nice's management. They fired Tuchel a bit late, and spent too much time peeking around.

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said, BL teams are going downhill whereas PL is clearly on the rise now. Sad but true

What do you think is the biggest problem of BL teams? Finance or Managerial?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 am

Tottenham have a very strong side right now. Their first eleven is especially good. No Shame in losing to them away. All Dortmund need to do is Win 2-0 at home in the reverse fixture and get a point from their match(es) against Real Madrid.
All this depends on two conditions: 1. APOEL lose all their matches 2. Real do the double over Tottenham. Both very realistic possibilities.

Many people here making a big deal about BL's demise. The fact is that the top 5 PL teams have lots of money and hence attract very good (non English) players. Plus they have some very good managers right now. The BL needs to hang in there and take it step by step. All three German teams can still make it to the Ro16.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 am

Bundesliga is going down to 4th place on Uefa coefficient. I reckon EPL will take back the 2nd spot, and serie A overturns Bundesliga for the 3rd spot. how sad.
bmguy
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby aterford » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:38 am

America USA wrote:Tottenham have a very strong side right now. Their first eleven is especially good. .

Worth pointing out that they were without their best or 2nd best player today (Dele)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:42 am

bmguy wrote:Bundesliga is going down to 4th place on Uefa coefficient. I reckon EPL will take back the 2nd spot, and serie A overturns Bundesliga for the 3rd spot. how sad.

That makes absolutely no sense. Italian and English teams have not been great in the CL in the last five seasons.

Correct me if I am wrong but in the last five seasons apart from Chelsea in 2014 and City in 2016 no English team has featured in the last four of the CL. And apart from Juventus no Italian team has managed to get out of the Ro16 in the last five years. On the other hand Bayern (and also Dortmund) have consistently featured in the last four/eight in the CL since the all German final (only anamoly being last season). So how is it that the Premier league or the Serie A can overtake BL on that basis?

Maybe I can understand the PL getting a boost because of United and Chelsea winning the EL in the last five years but the Italian teams have won nothing.

So it is really Bizarre how England and Italy are gonna jump over Germany based on these facts.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:52 am

bmguy wrote:Bundesliga is going down to 4th place on Uefa coefficient. I reckon EPL will take back the 2nd spot, and serie A overturns Bundesliga for the 3rd spot. how sad.
Still will have four teams in the ucl.
As from next season the top 4 leagues will each get four teams in the group stage

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:59 am

America USA wrote:That makes absolutely no sense. Italian and English teams have not been great in the CL in the last five seasons.

It is because they are removing the 12 - 13 season points, where BL teams basically ran over everything standing on the other side of the pitch and earned a freaking lot of points. Subtracting these points BL gets a free fall.

For Italy I think Juve helped a lot.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:03 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
America USA wrote:That makes absolutely no sense. Italian and English teams have not been great in the CL in the last five seasons.

It is because they are removing the 12 - 13 season points, where BL teams basically ran over everything standing on the other side of the pitch and earned a freaking lot of points. Subtracting these points BL gets a free fall.

For Italy I think Juve helped a lot.
It surely does... two finals in three years

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Judging by last season's results, and how things are going on currently, the reality is that the BL is no way the 2nd best league. EPL has clearly overrun the BL. One can say that BL and Calcio A are on par at the moment.

To be honest, this is to be expected. EPL has always been the best destination for many of the footballers out there. The number of star and talented players is increasing a lot. They are using other leagues, especially the BL, as their "shopping" center to get future class players. And of course, the most important of all, is that they have the best coaches in world football competing against each other week-in week-out.

The BL needs a wake up call. The league is losing a lot of appeal and its top teams are taking step backs in comparison to their European counterparts, and that includes us. The old system which was successful is no longer applicable. A new set of rules/decisions must be made to get back on track.

The BL has gained a lot of ground over the past 5 years, so they'll be safe in terms of coefficients at the moment. Of course, that doesn't matter anymore due to next year's qualification rules for the CL. This will only be used for bragging rights later on.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Hoffe lost *at home* to Braga. This made the situation even more dire.

Being 4th on the table is ok. But if BL goes to 5th, that means 3 CL spots. It could be worse. I remember in one time that BL ranked 7th or 8th in terms of Coefficient, behind the Ukrainian League. And also at the same time? (Not clear memory) Germany NT was to face Ukraine in World Cup Qualification play-offs and fanbase in China mostly thought Ukraine will easily run over Germany. (GER routed UKR 4-1 in the end)

I think the people sitting in the Frankfurt office need to address the problem before thinking of solving it. What did BL do wrong? Is it all about money? Or else?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RedQueen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:36 pm

We're not losing the 4th spot anytime soon. From next season onward, the top4 leagues have guaranteed 4 spots, while France and Portugal have three. France and Portugal are miles away from top4 as it is, and with one starting spot less in CL it's nigh impossible to close the gap.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:55 am

Falling Behind? A Bundesliga-in-Europe Preview for 2017-18

http://bundesligafanatic.com/falling-behind-a-bundesliga-in-europe-preview-for-2017-18/

the 16/17 campaign yielded the lowest German coefficient in five years.

The Bundesliga is currently in good shape, sitting in second place 22 points ahead of the 5th ranked Ligue 1.

You see, the results of the 2012-13 campaign (GER 18 vs FRA 11.5) will not count toward the coefficient next year, which will automatically cut down Germany’s lead by six points. A year later, the 2013-14 season (GER 14.7 vs FRA 8.5) won’t count anymore.

(In 2003-04 season, the Bundesliga “earned” a comically low 4.7 coefficient points.All in all, France won 13.5 points.The Bundesliga recovered quickly and outperformed the Ligue 1 in 04/05, 05/06 and 06/07. But because of the huge 03/04 deficit, Germany dropped to an all-time low 5th rank coming into the 07/08 season.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League