You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:51 pm

That penalty

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 pm

They played with Bicakcic/Nordtveit and Rupp, who didn't even jump in first goal, vs Pool. They have European football, at least EL football and CL chance. They will generate more revenue. Also new BL tv deal will help. They made +10 m euros from transfers despite spending 8 m euros for Nordtveit. However they didn't use it to make their team better, let it alone, they are much weaker than last season. At least they could loan some players. Yet playing with them was the worst for them.

They could have signed 2 quality players for 30 m euros combined for RCB and DLP. yet they didn't and said goodbye to CL football.
Last edited by Pelin on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 pm

My delusional friend again writing me messages how " Bundesliga is a low profile league" , "Hoffenheim is shit" and some other crazy things.

I will wait 10 minutes and I'm going to beat the theoretically shit of them one by one.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 pm

I feel disappointed with how BL has been doing in the last 3-4 years. The league was seriously contending to be the best league in Europe after years and years of progression but I feel it has stalled and slowly regressing

BL had the momentum especially after 2013 but teams like Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen or Wolfsburg didn't step up and now Premier League and La Liga are on a different level again.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I feel disappointed with how BL has been doing in the last 3-4 years. The league was seriously contending to be the best league in Europe after years and years of progression but I feel it has stalled and slowly regressing

BL had the momentum especially after 2013 but teams like Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen or Wolfsburg didn't step up and now Premier League and La Liga are on a different level again.
Well, almost everybody knows how the Bundesliga can overtake the other top leagues again, but I've got the feeling that many people wait Bayern to fall in league to start the "update" process.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 am

lel, you guys care too much about too many things...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 am

I thought Hoffenheim didnt do too badly. Considering, losing two big players and playing against a very decent liverpool team. They missed a ton of chances, but looked weak in defense, as liverpool always does. They still have a good chance in the away game. Two good coaches vs each other, should be an interesting 2nd leg match. Weird to see Gnabry not just as a starter for them but as the go to man. As of yet I do not see him a player for Bayern but rather better fitted for counter attacking teams.
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Pelin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:51 am

Latin fans didn't lose time to bash Bundesliga. Liverpool won over Hoffenheim, who is weaker than last year and played with Rupp and Bicakcic and this doesn't show EPL is on different level. Also a midtable Germany team who overperformed last year, thanks to underperforming of the likes of Wob, Leverkusen and Gladbach. A midtable Germany team vs one of the best EPL teams. What did you expect? On the other hand, La Liga teams are doing better in Europe, since only Bayern is not enough. RB Leipzig, BVB should do much better in Europe.

Regarding teams,

Schalke is writing the story of mismgt for years.
Wob couldn't take to next level in their project and sacked their SD. but l liked how they did in mercato.
Gladbach is another team who did well in mercato.They are doing well compared to their resources.
Leverkusen? nope. they tried to fix bad building squad. another dissapointing mercato.

l don't expect something from teams like Hoffenheim, H. Berlin Yet RB Leipzig, Schalke, Wob and BVB have potential to do well in Europe. The others doesn't, at least not in CL.

BVB looks hopeless with Watzke, since they only cares about developing talents and selling them.
Though Schalke still pays debts, they need a new project. they are working for it. with Heidel and Tedesco, they are trying to find an identity.
RB Leipzig l'm looking forward to see next level's of their project. As l see them as the only team can compete with Bayern. RB Leipzig is exciting.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Well, I agree that Liverpool was big favourite, but that proves my point. 4th in PL was big favourite against 4th in BL

Regarding the rest of the teams, I only have faith in RB Leipzig to be honest.

- Dortmund have been twice in a position to be more than a good team and they messed up big time

- Schalke and Leverkusen have a long history of BL embarrassments in Europe. They didn't even qualify for EL this year.

- One year wonders like Mainz, Freiburg etc usually get early exits in EL too...

But then you have Spanish teams who always do well in Europe and I'm not talking only about Real Madrid or Barcelona

After the German CL final in 2013 and after years of achievments and taking over Serie A, I was expecting BL to be far more competitive and attract the interst of bigger names. That extra CL spot that we earned in 2011 was the first stone to build up some BL success. Then we had Bayern and Dortmund at the top with Wolfsburg investing some VW money and the likes of Schalke or Leverkusen that have always been there.

But then again, except for us no other team has been able do produce 2 good seasons in a row.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Napoli are playing some very good football...
Fast... aggressive pressing...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dewajack » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:33 pm

I believe the EPL is clearly better than the Bundesliga from top to bottom because they can afford to bring in elite talent. A luxury that only Bayern can claim in the Bundesliga. It shouldn't come as a surprise to only see Bayern making its mark in the CL, and to some extent Dortmund recently as well.

Although it's mocked to have some rich sultan or corporation buy your club and throw money into it from a non-supporter's perspective, I would like to see more Bundesliga clubs have the financial means available to compete in the CL. And at this point, I really don't see how that will happen with anyone other than Bayern, or possibly Dortmund and RB Leipzig.

With all of that being said, I enjoy watching the Bundesliga more than any other league by far, I just believe more competition would benefit not only the league in the CL, but also Bayern as well.
dewajack
Getting the hang of it

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 am

The play off draws were fair imho. Fourth best English team against 4th best German team and third best French team against 3rd best Italian team.

Hoffenheim played well but conceded two cheap goals, the GK should have dived for the first one. The tie is not all over yet but Nagelsmann has a mountain to climb.

Napoli meanwhile dominated Nice and it's a miracle how they didn't win 4 or 5-0. Anyway they take a two goal lead to France and kept a clean sheet. Which means that they need not worry about the away goal now and if they score one in Nice it'll be job done. It was disappointing how Napoli couldn't take advantage of playing against 9 men for 15 minutes and failed to score more goals.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:02 am

Just saw the Celtic highlights. I'm shocked to see that the 5 goals were carbon copies of each other. Attacking player breaks free on the right and shoots a low ball to the far corner. Five times.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:56 am

MUTU wrote:Just saw the Celtic highlights. I'm shocked to see that the 5 goals were carbon copies of each other. Attacking player breaks free on the right and shoots a low ball to the far corner. Five times.

Makes it easy for their group to defend against them

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Pelin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:03 am

a small German team who sold their 2 key players and instead of them played 2 average players, played vs a top 5 EPL team. Lost the game, despite missing a penalty and creating chances. After all, they made 4th spot thanks to underperforming of Leverkusen, Gladbach, Wob and Schalke.

if you conclude something like this, that EPL took over Bundesliga after a such game, your goal is obvious. you don't even miss a chance to bash Bundesliga. Sorry.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League