You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: [2018-03-16] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:02 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:07 am

This means that we could technically have up to 12 players suspended for the CL semifinal 1st leg without receiving a single red card.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:26 am

I want these draws:
Barcelona vs Real Madrid--Let them fight it out and one of them will be eliminated
Juventus vs Man City--1 more big contender will be eliminated
Roma vs Liverpool--I would face the winner of this in semi-final
Bayern vs Sevilla--let us take the past frustrations from Spanish teams out on them

then in semis barca vs city
bayern vs roma

and final vs city.
A headache free walk to the title. Pep's players will not be able to sustain till may, they are playing in 4 competitions.
Last edited by prasun77 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby tuscanybayern » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:27 am

Best possible draw:

Real-Barca
City-Juventus
Liverpool-Sevilla
Bayern-Roma

Real vs Barca: Whoever should get to the semis would have one or two key players suspended.

Bayern's players were booked 17 times until now, how is this possible? It's impressive how Real managed to get only 11, with Carvajal (3 yellow cards), already suspended, and they had to face Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund and PSG.
tuscanybayern
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 am

tuscanybayern wrote:Best possible draw:

Real-Barca
City-Juventus
Liverpool-Sevilla
Bayern-Roma

Real vs Barca: Whoever should get to the semis would have one or two key players suspended.

Bayern's players were booked 17 times until now, how is this possible? It's impressive how Real managed to get only 11, with Carvajal (3 yellow cards), already suspended, and they had to face Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund and PSG.

Didn't you get the memo? They have an immunity from UEFA.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:43 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:41 pm

#12 wrote:Well, he partly ruined us, now we are (on a high level) - been saying this for a while - but it’s not so much him I‘m scared of, but his billion € players...

What billion € players does he have? Leroy Sane? De Bruyne? Sterling? John Stones? Silva?

Because last I checked he doesn't have Ronaldo Messi or Neymar.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:58 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:
#12 wrote:Well, he partly ruined us, now we are (on a high level) - been saying this for a while - but it’s not so much him I‘m scared of, but his billion € players...

What billion € players does he have? Leroy Sane? De Bruyne? Sterling? John Stones? Silva?

Manchester City spent a total of €853 million, or about $1.023 billion, to acquire the members of its 2017-18 team, according to CIES. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Ideally:

Barca - Madrid
City - Juve
Liverpool - Sevilla
Bayern - Roma

Barca - City
Bayern - Liverpool
Bayern - City

Or, you know, I wouldn't complain if Bayern, Sevilla, Roma, and Liverpool all advanced through and we played a Bayern - Sevilla/Liverpool - Roma semifinal and Bayern - Roma final hahaha
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 pm

MUTU wrote:

Manchester City spent a total of €853 million, or about $1.023 billion, to acquire the members of its 2017-18 team, according to CIES. [source]

I'm not asking how much they spent. What they spent to get Leroy or Sterling doesn't matter, and that billion € also includes players which they bought 8-10 years ago like Balotelli, Jesus Navas, Nasri, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Negredo, Mangala, Fernando (players who aren't even there anymore) Kompany, Aguero, Silva... Were you afraid of those players one year ago or are they now looking like a dangerous team since they've been working with Guardiola? I know a lot of people mocked Sane when he went there saying he won't win anything and his career is ruined.

Also the report is
here [source]
, it says they spent 853m. Then there's PSG who spent 850m, Manchester United 784m, Chelsea 644m, and PSG bought Neymar and Mbappe if you want billion dollar marquee signings, are you afraid of them too? Or ManU and Chelsea? There are a lot of factors in "money spent" like who spends it, when it's spent (like Real Madrid buying Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo 5-19 years ago vs City buying Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Walker, Stones in an inflated market) and how you use it.

It's just lazy to point to "money spent" without looking at other factors and what it's spent on. How much would Bayern be spending if Bayern were a PL club and had to pay premium for players like Lewandowski, Boateng, Muller, Alaba, Thiago, James Rodriguez, Kimmich in the last 2 summers?

Barcelona spent a gazillion themselves on Coutinho, Dembele, Suarez, they're buying Griezmann, and they didn't have to spend on players like Messi, Iniesta, Busquets.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
fashiondesign_guru wrote:[quote="#12"]
Well, he partly ruined us, now we are (on a high level) - been saying this for a while - but it’s not so much him I‘m scared of, but his billion € players...

I'm not asking how much they spent. What they spent to get Leroy or Sterling doesn't matter, and that billion € also includes players which they bought 8-10 years ago like Balotelli, Jesus Navas, Nasri, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Negredo, Mangala, Fernando (players who aren't even there anymore) Kompany, Aguero, Silva... Were you afraid of those players one year ago or are they now looking like a dangerous team since they've been working with Guardiola? I know a lot of people mocked Sane when he went there saying he won't win anything and his career is ruined.

Also the report is
here [source]
, it says they spent 853m. Then there's PSG who spent 850m, Manchester United 784m, Chelsea 644m, and PSG bought Neymar and Mbappe if you want billion dollar marquee signings, are you afraid of them too? Or ManU and Chelsea? There are a lot of factors in "money spent" like who spends it, when it's spent (like Real Madrid buying Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo 5-19 years ago vs City buying Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Walker, Stones in an inflated market) and how you use it.

It's just lazy to point to "money spent" without looking at other factors and what it's spent on. How much would Bayern be spending if Bayern were a PL club and had to pay premium for players like Lewandowski, Boateng, Muller, Alaba, Thiago, James Rodriguez, Kimmich in the last 2 summers?

Barcelona spent a gazillion themselves on Coutinho, Dembele, Suarez, they're buying Griezmann, and they didn't have to spend on players like Messi, Iniesta, Busquets.[/quote]

I can say without anyone here objecting: yes I was ;)

Seriously though, I ALWAYS advocated Sané here... And I DO think that it doesn’t take much to assemble an ideal squad for the kind of soccer you want to play if money is no issue at all... And then to go and whine about it is not actually classy...
But I digress... Back to the subject at hand: Your assumptions... Boateng... Funny...
Like we don’t have to pay premium... Ridiculous actually... And remember where Boateng came from? Müller and Alaba? Apples and oranges actually wouldn’t remotely do justice to what you tried to pull there...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Teebo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:28 pm

fashiondesign_guru has a point, it is really tiring to see here certain people over and over again defame Pep and downgrade every success he has made. He's gone for two years already, so just get over him.

"He's great against Spanish teams!" Oh, that was sarcasm, ha ha ha! Well, actually, yeah, he is great against Spanish teams. Maybe if you were not thinking just about three semi-finals, but take a little bit more representative sample - the four years he spent in La Liga - you would think about it differently. The thing is, he just didn't win the league three times in a row in Spain, he totally dominated it. Just look at his record in Clásicos, Madrid were shitting in their pants before the matches were even beginning. The amount of losses against Pep's Barca (including the 5-0 and 2-6 games) taught them something. And no, Pep wasn't that successful in Barca just because he had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Ask the managers who were there before or after him.

"but it’s not so much him I‘m scared of, but his billion € players" is another example of a complete lack of sense of objectivity. Because it's just so easy to be a manager, isn't it? Just buy a bunch of great players and success is inevitable! It was proven many times over, wasn't it? Look at Mourinho's United, or PSG, or AC Milan, or Van Gaal's United, or Liverpool 2014, or Real 2009, or City 2009-11.. Aren't those (together with Pep's City) the teams that invested the most in the history of the game? Yes, they are. And didn't those teams have a great success? Oh, wait a second.. Really, man, just look at the history, stars don't make a good team, it has been proven many times over. Who's afraid of City because of the players but not because of the manager is just foolish.
Teebo
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:57 pm

With Super Messi Iniesta Xavi and co

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Dude, I‘m not defaming anyone and no, the way he put it, he doesn’t have a point...

Guardiola found the friggin best team here when he came in 2013 - we got worse, face it... I never said he was shit... But he’s still not half as good as you make him - don’t forget that he wanted exactly that Neymar you talk about here...
He’s a good coach and I shit on him because he made stupid rookie mistakes thrice in a row... He didn’t make them at Barcelona, or they were made up for - Chelski 2009 anyone? So yeah what a point taking his time in the Spanish league! I mean seriously, convincing... You know, probably Hitler really was the greatest commander of all time cause he conquered France
Lately, he’s been shit... And not a little shit, utter shit, against them... I AM "over" him (I was never under him actually...) - I just would be much more impressed if it didn’t take him an investment worth our whole starting XI to be competitive... And I hate his shitty club (pun intended!)!
Were he to train Barca, or at least Liverpool, I‘d be far less begrudging...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Our team got better under him. When I say the team I do mean just the team - he failed to capitalise on so much quality in the biggest stage, the results got worse from 2013, yes, but whatever Pep did it was anything but making the quality of the team worse. Every single player, other than the dying Ribery, improved.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League