You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 pm

FCB general wrote:Among Conte, Sampaoli and Emery - we chose Ancelotti. Okay... :|

JANCKER wrote:We should've done smarter business in the summer, maybe should've tried to get Rabiot instead of Sanches... but what is done is done.

I didn't value Rabiot as something special, but this season he is showing what kind of a player he actually is. He possesses talent and is developing in the right direction, yet we chose Sanches who is indeed talented, but Alonso is still an absolute priority at Bayern. Good to see in some articles in the same Bayern and "the end of an era" because we are exactly approaching to this and young players will be the decisive factor in the near future who will carry the club. What we made wrong is that we decided to depend on Costa and Coman, but right now we might see a scenario where both players are leaving the club in summer 2017 and I wouldn't be surprised at all. What Bayern did wrong is that they didn't sign De Bruyne 2 years ago, Pjaca last summer or Draxler this winter. But okay...

This CL is very promising with PSG. It remains to see if Benfica manage to surprise Dortmund and knock them out in the next 3-4 weeks. :)

After our troubles earlier this season I can't really understand why we didn't go for Draxler. He was solid for Wolfsburg in the CL last year and 30-40m fee wasn't that high, if you consider we could have used him in the CL...

I'd also add Alexis to that list, and the only reason I'm not adding Di Maria is that I'm still not convinced he (with his attitude) could ever fit in at Bayern.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:42 pm

ottackon wrote:Are you crazy ? Ancelotti's Bayern cannot get humbled like that, we're much more solid than Barça.

A few hours back people here would have trembled from fear if someone mentioned Barca... I said that they weren't invincible before the draw and wanted to face them this round.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Barca weak now.

They wasted so much money on crappy transfers outside of Neymar and suarez.

And the team is old... Everyone is like 30 at least
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Can we please extend Thiago....asap...bc the Cules will come calling soon if their midfield keeps this up.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ottackon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 pm

This Culé comment made me laugh : "Ya solo os queda poneros la camiseta del Napoles mañana .."
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Coman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:56 pm

This game show us again than possession football and Guardiola ideology are DEAD.

What Heynckes did, what Klopp did at Dortmund, what Emery just did or what Conte will do at Chelsea, this is the true and not boring football.

If Ancelotti continues in Guardiola way, the exit will be close at the first big game.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:01 am

Coman wrote:This game show us again than possession football and Guardiola ideology are DEAD.

What Heynckes did, what Klopp did at Dortmund, what Emery just did or what Conte will do at Chelsea, this is the true and not boring football.

If Ancelotti continues in Guardiola way, the exit will be close at the first big game.

I agree (though I don't think Ancelotti is in any way comparable to Guardiola; at least the latter had a reason for everything, Carlo is just blindly making decisions which make no sense with no plan whatsoever). It's been almost 10 years since Guardiola first appeared on the big stage. It's time for the next big think as the cycle continues.

In about 20 years some obscure coach will use Guardiola-like tactics and win everything. Then others will start doing the same, and a few years later they'll struggle loads again. It's all natural.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:14 am

Highest average possession in the Champions League so far this season:

Bayern (64%)
Barcelona (59%)
Spurs (58%)
PSG (57%)
Dortmund (57%)

Data before tonight's games.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:23 am

JANCKER wrote:Highest average possession in the Champions League so far this season:

Bayern (64%)
Barcelona (59%)
Spurs (58%)
PSG (57%)
Dortmund (57%)

Data before tonight's games.

And PSG/Emery have the intelligence to let the ball to Barcelona, press them and use coutner-attacking football.

What Pep would have done against this Barça ? He would have keep the ball all the time and get counter himself.

What Ancelotti will do against a team like PSG or Juventus ? He will follow Pep way and it will be the same story.

With Heynckes we had 63% average possession, but when hard game came, we had the intelligence to not keeping the ball too much (55% against Arsenal and Juve, 37% against Barcelona, 55% against Dortmund).

And THIS was to have more than one game plan and to be flexible on a tactical pov.
Last edited by Coman on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby rthebest » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:23 am

Tonight match possession
PSG 43% Barca : 57%
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:37 am

Before anyone loses their mind at how good PSG is and how bad Barca are, i'll tell you that barca had absolutely no plan at all cuz Enrique is below average idiot. The only reason he won the treble is because of the unbelievable talent he has in MSN and Iniesta in some parts. Ofc PSG trashed them when you think about it. Using physical players to press the middle and completely disconnect the midfield from their attack. Neymar (who is the only who tried anything) had to come back next to Alba to have any chance to get the ball. Emery also hasn't been looking great in the league, but showed a great plan and motivation when it mattered. Let's see what Carlo has prepared for Arsenal.
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 am

They won without Thiago Silva...

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:04 am

envagyokazapad wrote:
FCB general wrote:Among Conte, Sampaoli and Emery - we chose Ancelotti. Okay... :|

JANCKER wrote:We should've done smarter business in the summer, maybe should've tried to get Rabiot instead of Sanches... but what is done is done.

I didn't value Rabiot as something special, but this season he is showing what kind of a player he actually is. He possesses talent and is developing in the right direction, yet we chose Sanches who is indeed talented, but Alonso is still an absolute priority at Bayern. Good to see in some articles in the same Bayern and "the end of an era" because we are exactly approaching to this and young players will be the decisive factor in the near future who will carry the club. What we made wrong is that we decided to depend on Costa and Coman, but right now we might see a scenario where both players are leaving the club in summer 2017 and I wouldn't be surprised at all. What Bayern did wrong is that they didn't sign De Bruyne 2 years ago, Pjaca last summer or Draxler this winter. But okay...

This CL is very promising with PSG. It remains to see if Benfica manage to surprise Dortmund and knock them out in the next 3-4 weeks. :)

After our troubles earlier this season I can't really understand why we didn't go for Draxler. He was solid for Wolfsburg in the CL last year and 30-40m fee wasn't that high, if you consider we could have used him in the CL...

I'd also add Alexis to that list, and the only reason I'm not adding Di Maria is that I'm still not convinced he (with his attitude) could ever fit in at Bayern.

Draxler played great today but this performance hardly makes him a worldly, he was up against a midfielder in Sergi Roberto playing fullback and Messi had no intention of tracking back and helping out on the RW. The RW was put on a platter for Draxler and he and PSG made Barca pay for it...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:05 am

GReat... NOPE

Draxler was good. Dimaria, raibot, cavani, verratti were all great.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 am

How Pep Guardiola and his old Barcelona team “damaged” football – Ayala [source]
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League