You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: [2016-12-12] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:57 pm

We also played against them last year in the group stage.
Normally I would agree that this tie is getting boring. But Arsenal are playing really good this season and I think its going to be a fantastic tie.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:06 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:We also played against them last year in the group stage.
Normally I would agree that this tie is getting boring. But Arsenal are playing really good this season and I think its going to be a fantastic tie.

oops ... I've forgot! #-o so that might be the feeling of too much encounters...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pelin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:21 pm

We will face the best Arsenal side in the last years and it won't be easy for us, also considering Carlo factor.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Shit... whatever.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Seems like a cop out draw by UEFA, was hoping for a more interesting round of 16....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:17 pm

I don't really fear them even if they are better than the past.

Bayern can only reach a better level (if Ancelotti continues to use this 4-2-3-1 tactic) while they hardly can be better than right now.

via Tapatalk
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Finally we won't see Bayern losing at home against Arsenal. The 1st leg is at Allianz Arena and thank God we are about to see some great football, especially if we are going to see 4-2-3-1 much more improved till February. :)
Last edited by MUTU on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed photo portraying Bayern players as Nazis.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:22 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:36 pm

It's okay come February both Alexis and Özil would be injured no worries
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:It's okay come February both Alexis and Özil would be injured no worries

That's cool that Sanchez will see the team he will join win against his future ex-team.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Jorge » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:43 pm

As some pointed out this fixture is not as bad as one might think considering that Arsenal is having probably their best season in ages; but that's precisely what could play in our favor.

1) We will have a winter break returning to play almost a full month before the first leg which can work in our favor to be rested and with less injured players. The 3 BL fixtures before Feb 15th are Freiburg, Bremen and Schalke which hopefully we can handle to accommodate our stronger line up for the CL game. Then before the 2nd leg we will face Leverkusen, Hamburg, Frankfurt and Cologne; a little trickier but not a killer if we build a manageable lead in the 3 games mentioned before.
2) Arsenal on the other hand will not have a winter break and because they are in a tight race for the title in the EPL with almost no room for mistakes will get to February 15th with more problems trying to manage all games at once. In the weeks before the trip to Munich in the EPL Arsenal will play Swansea, Burnley, Watford, Chelsea and Hull; of these the Chelsea game on Feb 4th will require all their resources but they can approach the Feb 11th game vs Hull resting some of their top guns just 4 days before they face us. Before the return leg in London they will have complicated games both away at Southampton and Liverpool just 3 days before our visit.

The way I see it, their starting 11 is probably a little bit ahead of us at his moment, specially if Ancelotti insists with Alonso as a single pivot in a formation with 3 midfielders but our bench is deeper which could allow us to prepare better for these specific games. Wenger will have to gamble to stay in the race for the elusive EPL title that he probably wants more than anything else and having enough energy on the legs of his starters to go the distance against Bayern.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:23 pm

God what a lame draw. Not like there were many interesting ties, but still.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Some random thoughts(as we speak,can't predict how far the teams will develop until February) for the other draws.

Jardim's Monaco is a tough team on a knock out stage and if you ask me this team is structured to become Guardiola's type of football nightmare, obviously City is a better team but Monaco can win the home game,can give trouble to any team, considering the poor form & defense of City I can see a very interesting game if a blow up score won't happen. They don't mind to park the bus for the whole 180' minutes, deadly counters!
Napoli at Sao Paolo will stood up and give a hell of fight to Madridistas, no question about it because we all know how Napoli fans will approach this tie against the mighty Real, the current title holder! Like the match of the decade, they know how to attack,to score,to counter if they stay close with 2-1 defeat for example at Bernabeu you never know, the return leg will be on fire, Sao Paolo ain't a typical Spanish away ground.

In the other ties(at least most of it) we have some grande favorites! Juventus,Atletico and Barca expected to have a walk in the park while BVB draw is a team that doesn't know the word "defense" so one way or another they'll get past of Benfica, they got the perfect opponent. Seville v Leicester would be interesting of course, I'm expecting a tight outcome and two interesting games.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Roonzil wrote:If we had to play them next week odds would be in favour of Arsenal, and a lot would depend on the form of the day. As our talent can go toe to toe with theirs even if ours have a bad day. The interesting thing of this tie (like every year) is the Winter Break (and lack thereof). A lot can change due to our weeks off, and their constant (but tiring) rhythm.

My Arsenal friend just sent me one simple text when the draw was made: F*CK.ME. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In this case what I posted a few days ago about the possibility of things changing a lot by the time the games arrive works in our favour. We can't get worse than what we were doing a few weeks ago. One hopes that by then we'll have it together. Arrogant, but I think that if we do then Arsenal stands no chance.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Arrogant, but I think that if we do then Arsenal stands no chance.

Not arrogant.
Just better.

Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League