You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:21 am

Madrid just won the CL with the best regista on the planet, what are you guys on about...
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Manchu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:28 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Madrid just won the CL with the best regista on the planet, what are you guys on about...

Yeah, but they don't prioritize possession over all other concerns.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:41 am

Depressing to watch former bayern players in a final. Mandzu and kross .
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Larhm » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:24 am

Looks like Kroos made the right choice leaving us =D>
3 champions league title in 4 years. My god.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:08 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Madrid just won the CL with the best regista on the planet, what are you guys on about...

Kroos plays alongside a proper destroyer in Casemiro, something we haven't done since 2012-2013. Benítez kept pushing Kroos-Modric-Isco/James and failed miserably. We kept pushing any combination of midfielders which never features a real destroyer, we failed miserably.

Zidane's football is as uncomplicated as it get; a proper 3-men MF balance featuring a proper DM, 2 proper defensive CBs, 3 inside forwards, and 2 very fast and attacking FBs. The source of their strength is a) character and b) simplicity and balance in tactics.

I really hope we can play similarly next season;

Alexis-Lewy-Müller
Thiago-Javi-Vidal
Alaba-Hummels-Boateng-Kimmich(?)
Neuer

No more bullshit, just direct, simple football.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby aterford » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:10 am

Manchu wrote:

Neither did Bayern under Guardiola. This is a reductive, simplistic take for people who don't care to actually watch matches with their own eyes.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am

aterford wrote:
Manchu wrote:

Neither did Bayern under Guardiola. This is a reductive, simplistic take for people who don't care to actually watch matches with their own eyes.

Oh, fgs... Last four seasons our build up has become so slow and cautious... It's gotten even worse with Ancelotti. At least Pep introduced the awful, but somehow effective, quasi-442 tactics at his final season.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Jorge » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:17 am

It is quite simple the Real Madrid formula: the most efficient midfield trio in the world right now, how they supplement each other in such a way that they first wear the opponent out, then they destroy controlling the game: Cassemiro-Kroos-Modric was too much for Juventus. Some are claiming here that Kroos "disappeared": wrong! Kroos was an integral and indispensable part of the trio that gave anyone watching a lesson on how football is played in simple terms. Zidane himself said it: Kroos is that type of player that you do not notice when he is on the field but you miss a lot when he is not on the field.

Apart form that, goal one was a play initiated by Kroos who made a well timed run to Juventus' box and changed the front of attack while their back four was still unsettled; goal two was the result of a poor clearance out of a Kroos shot, that's enough contribution from a deep midfield player. The rest of the game: he did his job in a fluid manner.

I am not sure that we match them in midfield at the moment, maybe Thiago can be the equivalent of Modric, he has the talent but I do not think that he has the mental strength yet. We do not have a destroyer to cover the back of a dynamic midfield duo like Cassemiro does. Martinez was some time ago, I doubt that he has the legs or tactical discipline to be as reliable since he looked out of tempo when he climbed to challenge high on the field this season. Vidal has the engine and stamina but he is a liability in that role. Then Madrid has ex-Bayern Kroos who is above any player in our current roster when it comes to ball retention, passing skills to dictate play from deep midfield and give oxygen to the team going forward through positioning, tactically Kroos is well above Thiago and Vidal. Our equivalent tactical player was Alonso and we all know his limitations. We have to wait a see how our midfield is reshaped this coming season, we do not have to copy them and it will come down to how creative Ancelotti will be based on the talent that we have but at the moment Madrid seems to have a fomula in place while we will be experimenting to create one.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:24 am

Ancelotti's former understudy Zidane(rookie) wins the CL two times in a row. :coffee: Not even the best Barca ever could achieve that, food for thought.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:32 am

Don't see why Javi cannot readapt to playing DM. If not him, then Rudy will have to do. Thiago can perfectly play the Kroos role. The third position should either be a B2B (Vidal) or a creative MF (someone like James). If rather the second option, to compensate for Kimmich's probable shortcomings as a RB and Müller and Lewy's lack of creativity.

But the most important thing is finding a balanced MF. That's what separates Madrids from us, not quality (at MF). A DM is a must, specially considering Alaba and Boateng's defensive shortcomings.

PunkCapitalist

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:48 am

watched the game live at a pub... seemed like most of the crowd was cheering for Juve, which is surprising here. However, there was a small group of Madrid fans that kept yelling offensive cheers... really annoyed that fans like that get to celebrate :evil:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorge » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:44 am

A kind of supports the point that I made above, the midfield trio rated all 9's and 8; from ESPNFC:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 am

La Bestia Negra wrote:
I honestly thought Juve's defense was better as a unit than ours

In 90 minutes Zidane's team put more goals past Juve than the rest of Europe had managed in the whole of this season's competition. And this includes 180 minutes versus almighty Barcelona with the famous MNS trident.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:55 am

nm462272 wrote:watched the game live at a pub... seemed like most of the crowd was cheering for Juve, which is surprising here. However, there was a small group of Madrid fans that kept yelling offensive cheers... really annoyed that fans like that get to celebrate :evil:

Football is so cruel...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:02 am

Another thing about yest match is , the fact that Juve play in a league that with just 75% effort they can beat any other team.
They are used to play in slow paced league so they find life difficult against other teams from Spain Ger and Eng.
Obviously they can make up to that by tactocs, approach but it is not always easy especially in a final

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League