You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby #12 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 am

Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote:Thousands is waaaayyy exaggerated though ...

Toni Kroos/ Completed passes/ La Liga:
2014-2015: 2,071 (it reads two thousand seventy one)
2015-2016: 2,250 (it reads two thousand two hundred and fifty)
2016-2017: 1,748 (after 34 game dates he is on target to complete more than.............you guessed it: two thousand)

#12 wrote:while he is good at passing, he was sometimes a liability with his - few - misplaced passes being extremely dangerous...

Now out of curiosity, since we are into the exercise of counting and to honor your comment: "plus Kroos actually still **** up big games", can you give us the number of big games that Kroos ****up? Is it 3, or 30, or 300? If the number is too big you do not need to list which ones, just give us an approximate number.

Ok, I seem to have hit a sore spot here
It's not a high number... Maybe 3 is not too bad...
I'm thinking he actually grew into this role at RM, maybe because they trust him or maybe just because he's more experienced... That WC was the worst... Yes it was only two seconds, but those two were pretty darn important

As fir the thousands:

It may read whatever it wants, you said "before he misplaces one" - which would then mean him having 100% complete passes fir at least 20 games, assuming it's about 100 passes a game, before misplacing one... So yeah, thousands is an exaggeration...

And again, this is far from claiming his percentage is not outstanding...!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 05, 2017 9:51 am

Jorge wrote:
tflags wrote:
Jorge wrote:But also as today, in the context of International Football, Toni Kroos is 3 or 4 times a more accomplished footballer than Thiago is. The rest is sandbox play.

Yes, I see what you mean. It can get really childish while discussing them. Great contribution to the discussions.

Comparing players, discussing players, that's all that we adults do in this forum. No problem with that. The discussion becomes childish when it takes a turn and all of the sudden is tribal. It goes like this: -"if you don't like my player, I don't like yours". Then, a football educated fan - like many here- reduce themselves to the effort of putting down the other player with cheap shots. Why can't we celebrate together both Kroos and Thiago?

Kroos' backpass at the World Cup final is so minuscule compared to his contributions to Bayern, Germany, Real Madrid, and Football that it is childish to use it to make a point; it has no meaning beyond the 2 seconds in that game, so it comes across as a childish argument in the context of putting Kroos down with the purpose of elevating Thiago, another player, or simply out of resentment because Kroos no longer plays for us. What's the point of a list of players that "flop in big games" with the purpose of framing Kroos if that list is inclusive of proven champions? Do we have to remind everyone that some of our beloved players DO NOT BELONG TO THAT CATEGORY?

Thiago should rise to where he belongs on his own merits, and as today his accomplishments do not place him where Toni Kroos is. That's a fact.

Other than that, I wish Kroos would have stayed at Bayern Munich, the Kroos that dictates play in one of the best teams in the world placing thousands of passes accurately on his team mate's tactical channels before he misplaces one, in all games, against big opponents and small opponents; I wish that, the same way that I enjoy Thiago putting a good performance, and the same way I wish that Thiago will grow to carry Bayern to bigger things, something that he still needs to deliver.

Thanked for your comments about celebrating both and wishing that Kroos hadn't left. Don't think it's childish though. Differing opinions are normal in a forum and they can make for very interesting discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Effenberg777 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Obviously Kross is missed otherwise we didnt had to speak about him .
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Jorge » Fri May 05, 2017 3:57 pm

#12 wrote:
Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote:Thousands is waaaayyy exaggerated though ...

2016-2017: 1,748 (after 34 game dates he is on target to complete more than.............you guessed it: two thousand)

#12 wrote:while he is good at passing, he was sometimes a liability with his - few - misplaced passes being extremely dangerous...

Now out of curiosity, since we are into the exercise of counting and to honor your comment: "plus Kroos actually still **** up big games", can you give us the number of big games that Kroos ****up? Is it 3, or 30, or 300? If the number is too big you do not need to list which ones, just give us an approximate number.

I'm thinking he actually grew into this role at RM, maybe because they trust him or maybe just because he's more experienced... That WC was the worst... Yes it was only two seconds, but those two were pretty darn important

As fir the thousands:

It may read whatever it wants, you said "before he misplaces one" - which would then mean him having 100% complete passes fir at least 20 games, assuming it's about 100 passes a game, before misplacing one... So yeah, thousands is an exaggeration...

OK. I give you the back pass at the World Cup as "**** up", so we can move on and have an adult conversation. You said that Kroos **** up 2 other big games. Since two will be easy to remember can you tell us which are those?

Related to the "thousands of passes before he misplaces one". True I misspoke, since my point is that Kroos executes thousands of good passes before he misplaces one that ****s up a big game. I still stand by this comment until you prove me wrong listing the big games that he screwed up with a wrong pass.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Fri May 05, 2017 4:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Thanked for your comments about celebrating both and wishing that Kroos hadn't left. Don't think it's childish though. Differing opinions are normal in a forum and they can make for very interesting discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, when the difference of opinion turns into : "if you do not like my player, then I do not like yours". It is childish because the discussion turns into a mud throwing contest. When I first participated in the Kroos-Thiago debate, and I gave a positive opinion about Kroos someone jumped in right away and went after my throat for being a Thiago hater, when I had never said a single negative word about Thiago because he is one of favorite players in the current Bayern team.

There is a lot of coherent arguments here in the forum,but there is also territorial pissing leading to insults and name calling.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby #12 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote:
Jorge wrote:
#12"]Thousands is waaaayyy exaggerated though ...

[quote="#12 wrote:while he is good at passing, he was sometimes a liability with his - few - misplaced passes being extremely dangerous...

As fir the thousands:

OK. I give you the back pass at the World Cup as "**** up", so we can move on and have an adult conversation. You said that Kroos **** up 2 other big games. Since two will be easy to remember can you tell us which are those?

Related to the "thousands of passes before he misplaces one". True I misspoke, since my point is that Kroos executes thousands of good passes before he misplaces one that ****s up a big game. I still stand by this comment until you prove me wrong listing the big games that he screwed up with a wrong pass.[/quote]

Okay, in that case I don't have anything to add to that... As I said already, his percentage is insanely good...

As for the games: No I can't... I remember being pissed at him quite a lot (only thing I actually remember is not a misplaced pass though but the easy sitter back in 2012 when we lost at Borisov...)
Again, I'm not even getting why you need this and why you then would call it an adult conversation... I'm not trying to take anything from him, I'm merely claiming that the way I see it he grew into that kind of player in the last few years (after he left us?) - maybe it is completely subjective, maybe not, and I don't see how naming two more games would change that in either way... Cause even if it was 3, 5 or even 10 games you could still argue both ways... I just feel he never bosses our midfield the way he does RM's - and Germany's - now...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat May 06, 2017 4:52 pm

I think I said it earlier in this thread, that it'll be a Real Madrid-Juventus Turin final at Cardiff and also if Juventus do not concede against Monaco over two legs, the way they shut out Barcelona and Porto, then they'll be favorites to lift the European Cup. Juve are half way there. Not letting in a single goal in the Knockout rounds would be some achievement and that too against Barcelona, Monaco and Porto.

I think Juventus wins the second leg at home. 1-0 or 2-0 to Juventus and if that happens they'll be firm favorites in my book over Real Madrid. Hopefully Buffon finally wins the CL, the legend deserves it!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:41 pm

A relative of mine is currently in Madrid (work purpose)Image

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Mandzu...
At least if they win it I will be happy for him...
To think of it imagine this scenario...
Mandzu with two UCL golds while
Lahm Ribery and Robben with just one... while Lewa with none,

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Mandzu... nice job lad. And what a goal from Alves...

Juve dismantling Monaco... they look clueless
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm

4-0 Juventus. I had predicted a Juve-Madrid final and that's what it looks like will happen. If Juventus can keep a clean sheet now that'll make them firm favorites ahead of Real Madrid in my book.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:39 pm

My prediction was a final between Monaco and Juve...
I guessed one

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Juve look really good... definitely can picture them earning Buffon his CL trophy
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Nemtar » Tue May 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Juve deserves the champions, a lot, more than Real and more than Atleti.
Mia San Mia!
Nemtar
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League