You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby vigneshFCB » Sun May 29, 2016 6:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's going to come down to that little bit of extra luck and how well/quickly Ancelotti and the squad gel together. Among the top 3 teams we are the most unpredictable due to the fact that we are bringing in a new coach and spending big. If Ancelotti and the team click into place quickly, we could very well win it next year. I'm not expecting that though... it might take one more year for us to have a good shot.

Well... Our last coach had three years to bring it... He didn't... Might sound harsh but: he'll get the same three years... If he fails to do it, he's failed just as well...

I agree. My point is that people shouldn't be saying things like "we'll win it next year" because it's so hard to predict what we're going to be like next season. Personally I think we're putting together the strongest squad in Bayern history this summer, and if Ancelotti works out as intended we will be the team to beat, even better than Barcelona. But I do not think that will happen in Ancelotti's first season.

No, most will not see Bayern as better than Barcelona. Bookmakers have seen to the fact that Barcelona remain the favourites and the universally designated tag 'best team in Europe'. The fact that Barcelona will improve their squad depth over the summer should make them more or less unstoppable if they are in standard form.
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 29, 2016 6:56 pm

vigneshFCB wrote:No, most will not see Bayern as better than Barcelona. Bookmakers have seen to the fact that Barcelona remain the favourites and the universally designated tag 'best team in Europe'. The fact that Barcelona will improve their squad depth over the summer should make them more or less unstoppable if they are in standard form.

I don't really care what people see us as, I just care about what we actually are. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun May 29, 2016 7:01 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:The fact that Kroos has more Champions League medals than Lahm makes me sick.

Time to change that.

The fact remains that Kroos never won a CL final whilst on the pitch.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:08 pm

And while at bayern it was thanks to his inj that we improved our football.
And yest I could sense his satisfaction that he was spared the penalties... He has got no guts...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
vigneshFCB wrote:No, most will not see Bayern as better than Barcelona. Bookmakers have seen to the fact that Barcelona remain the favourites and the universally designated tag 'best team in Europe'. The fact that Barcelona will improve their squad depth over the summer should make them more or less unstoppable if they are in standard form.

I don't really care what people see us as, I just care about what we actually are. :P

MIA SAN MIA
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sun May 29, 2016 7:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree. My point is that people shouldn't be saying things like "we'll win it next year" because it's so hard to predict what we're going to be like next season. Personally I think we're putting together the strongest squad in Bayern history this summer, and if Ancelotti works out as intended we will be the team to beat, even better than Barcelona. But I do not think that will happen in Ancelotti's first season.

I'm still skeptical about Ancelotti, but I try to be somewhat hopeful looking back at his first year with Real Madrid. He didn't win the league, yeah, but he's never been that consistent in leagues. He's a great coach for tournaments like CL though. A treble seems a little bit distant in my eyes, especially with the work Tuchel is doing (if they don't lose any more key players BVB might have a shot next season). But I think we've got a chance to win CL next season, and that chance might not be very different from the one we had this season.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:00 pm

^ Have to agree, I'd normally not wish against our domestic competition but I'm kind of hoping Dortmund lose a number of key players so our league run would be easier, because I don't trust Ancelotti for the league. For the CL I have full confidence in him.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 29, 2016 8:06 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:I'm still skeptical about Ancelotti, but I try to be somewhat hopeful looking back at his first year with Real Madrid. He didn't win the league, yeah, but he's never been that consistent in leagues. He's a great coach for tournaments like CL though. A treble seems a little bit distant in my eyes, especially with the work Tuchel is doing (if they don't lose any more key players BVB might have a shot next season). But I think we've got a chance to win CL next season, and that chance might not be very different from the one we had this season.

I think we overplay the league worry too much, but BVB definitely have a good shot next season if they have a season similar to this one. I'm not sceptical about Ancelotti as such, it's just that I was a Pep fan and I do believe we will feel his loss. But Ancelotti is a great coach and could be the key to providing that last step we need.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Ancelotti: "Bayern will win the Bundesliga without even taking their hands out their pockets,"

"I must confess that I cannot enjoy Bayern's games."

"There is simply too little real competition."

:coffee:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun May 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Despite Pep was a winner coach before he came here, I notice that here he learn a lot, I saw from pep many mistakes that by time he correct himself, but this cost us tough losses like against Real.

So no matter if Ancelotti is bad on league tournament or other things, I am convince that because his experience, his mind and goal with bayern are more clear than our former young winner coach.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Whether our current squad is stronger than the one we had in 2013 and 2014 is debatable in my opinion.

Only because Robben and Ribéry seem to be past their prime... The team is better or the same in every other position...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:30 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Whether our current squad is stronger than the one we had in 2013 and 2014 is debatable in my opinion.

Only because Robben and Ribéry seem to be past their prime... The team is better or the same in every other position...

I think that's enough to make all the difference to be honest, particularly Ribery since he was THE playmaker in the team. With his declining form and injuries he suffered we lost our best chance creator by far.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby tflags » Mon May 30, 2016 11:54 am

Bombos for next season's draws.

bombos-champions-1464559189666.jpg

BTW, I'm two thanks away from 2,000. Just say'n.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 am

Seriously, who would rather see Leicester instead of Sevilla or CSKA instead of Atlético on the group stage?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Why are Gladbach not in that list?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League