You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:44 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Barca's comeback is not a comeback at all if we're realistic about it...it's a major downfall and bottle of PSG. Barca didn't win last night, PSG lost. But that's not a sexy story to sell, especially not to Messi fanboys who will get you clicks and money....

No problem with your other points but come on, this is exactly what I meant by hating. How is that "realistically" not a comeback if they were literally 4-0 down and conceded an away goal along the way. They still had to score 6. If you still want to discount the perfectly legit penalties, that's still 4 goals scored. How many times do teams score 4 goals in football ever? Even weak teams who come into the Camp Nou and Allianz without any intention of winning don't concede 4 goals that often. It's mad how easy we're discrediting them.

The best team in the world batter the worst team in Germany all the time, therefore Barcelona's 6-1 victory over PSG is not extraordinary at all, bang average.

This is what I read.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:50 pm

The game was fixed... Qatari connection. I hope that's the case and both get punished. :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Re: [2017-03-17] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:57 pm

prasun77 wrote:I want atleti barca..let them fight amongst themselves surely 1 will be defeated..
Sevilla-dortmund
bayern-city
real-juve let juve repeat 2015

then dortmund to defeat atleti and we face them in the finals..picture perfect..easy walk..

I am more confident when playing Real Madrid rather than Juve... (Pls don't ask me why)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:58 pm

MUTU wrote:
MiaSanFCB wrote:I want Barcelona in the QF too. If we are going out against them better now than making all the way through the final and lose there.

The board and I disagree with you. If we're not going to win the Champions League I hope we play in the final. More money for the club, more interest in our club, more UEFA coefficients for Bayern and the Bundesliga, plus I miss the tingling feeling of anticipation and hope of the final... I hate watching it as a neutral fan... I'm proud of my team if they make the final irrespective of whether they win or lose. If we get eliminated in the QF it's a different story.

:evil: :?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:I want atleti barca..let them fight amongst themselves surely 1 will be defeated..
Sevilla-dortmund
bayern-city

then dortmund to defeat atleti and we face them in the finals..picture perfect..easy walk..

I am more confident when playing Real Madrid rather than Juve... (Pls don't ask me why)

I know why, because you know far more Juventus fans in real life and you would be more worried about losing to them than to Real Madrid.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Also, we basically ALWAYS win at home and go through most of the time against them... Except for one time when some Spaniard coached us
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Barca's comeback is not a comeback at all if we're realistic about it...it's a major downfall and bottle of PSG. Barca didn't win last night, PSG lost. But that's not a sexy story to sell, especially not to Messi fanboys who will get you clicks and money....

No problem with your other points but come on, this is exactly what I meant by hating. How is that "realistically" not a comeback if they were literally 4-0 down and conceded an away goal along the way. They still had to score 6. If you still want to discount the perfectly legit penalties, that's still 4 goals scored. How many times do teams score 4 goals in football ever? Even weak teams who come into the Camp Nou and Allianz without any intention of winning don't concede 4 goals that often. It's mad how easy we're discrediting them.

I want to agree with you, but we're all collectively discrediting our performances against Arsenal bc they were so weak...yet we praise Barcelona for doing exactly the same to a similarly weak PSG side, who were mentally already in the next round when they scored the 3-1.

The mentality and resilience I can praise...the fact that they scored 6 against a PSG side who were on holiday, who gifted them 2 goals, with two bonus goals from the ref...no I cannot give that credit. Or else I'll also have to be bragging about scoring 5 at the Emirates with Arsenal down to 10 men.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:09 pm

They were losing, we were already through. PSG failed to to defend a lead, Arsenal failed to threaten. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

If you want to compare, compare them to Arsenal, not us. They both needed to score at least 4. Barcelona intended to do that, Arsenal didn't.

Edit: also I don't know about us discrediting the Arsenal game. I thought the general concensus was it was a friendly from which we shouldn't take anything.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Yesterday everything was in favour of Barça, home effect, determination, much luck
and lots of deliberate foreign help (not geniune ref errors) at the right moments, which all contributed to make PSG vanish away. Without any of those factors there wouldn't have been this feat. Since there is an element of cheating involved the hysteria about the comeback just because it is sweet Barça is hypocrisy towards all the fair play bla bla. For example can you imagine if it was Juve instead of Barça ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Quite the contrary, if it was any team other than Barca (or Real) it'd have been praised even more. Just because it's them, it's tainted with uefalona. Bayern, Juve, United... It would've been fine.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Alduin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Roonzil wrote:Can our players stop sucking up to Barca on social media bitte? I get the sentiment from a sportsmen perspective that you're impressed with the resilience and mental strenght. But FFS, a Barca or Real player would NEVER post a pic of the Bayern squad on their instagram page and say how impressed they were. It's a small team mentality.... :evil:

I agree with you. I don't like their post regarding Barcelona win. We are among the top 3 teams in the world. We are equals, we are not a smaller team. Sad thing is that Ribéry posted about it. Otherwise I would have expected the older players to teach a lesson to the younger ones regarding this. We need to steamroll in the Champions League this season and the next one to vanish this feeling among the players.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:They were losing, we were already through. PSG failed to to defend a lead, Arsenal failed to threaten. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

If you want to compare, compare them to Arsenal, not us. They both needed to score at least 4. Barcelona intended to do that, Arsenal didn't.

Edit: also I don't know about us discrediting the Arsenal game. I thought the general concensus was it was a friendly from which we shouldn't take anything.

To be fair, Arsenal deserved to go in the dressing room at half time winning 2-0 if not better. They were completely over us in that first half. It wasn't much better for Bayern up until Koscielny was sent off. Arsenal did their best, but let's face it they were the underdogs when the draw was made while Barcelona were the favourites.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:06 pm

JANCKER wrote:He was taking classes of Spanish... I'm starting to think that he'd move there if they came for him. I'm not for keeping anyone against their will...

Even more reason to face and beat them. Kimmich is one of those few that come along every few years which we simply cannot let go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Sevilla-dortmund
bayern-city

I know why, because you know far more Juventus fans in real life and you would be more worried about losing to them than to Real Madrid.

I think we have an extremely good record vs both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm

No, I don't care, he can leave if he wants... anyone who wants to leave is free to leave. If they want I will even help them pack their stuff.

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League